Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double charge to Visa Debit

Options
  • 01-10-2015 1:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Dear Sir or Madam,

Last night I made a payment to "ASOS" online clothing store for the amount of €121.57. However, upon checking my online account afterwards and today, I noted that the amount had been debited from my account twice in two separate transactions.

I have been in touch via Facebook with one of your customer care team, Sharon, who explained this is probably a "shadow posting", and implied it was the fault of the retailer, telling me that "once the retailer fully processes the transaction, the duplicate payment should correct on the system and be removed from your account within five working days." Sharon told me she could do no more for me.

I then contacted the retailer who insisted that "on our systems this is showing as 1 transaction and we haven't debited any additional funds from your account". I asked them to look in to this further for me and they are positive that I have "only been charged once".

When I asked your customer care agent, Sharon, to please resolve this issue for me she informed me that "this is out of our control. The general time frame for the funds to re-credit would be 3-5 working days, this is dependent on how quickly the retailer processes the payment." 

This is absolutely not satisfactory to me. I am customer who has made no error here, it is quite unacceptable for me to be without €120 of my money. I am being penalised for shopping using a BOI debit card and it is up to you to do something to resolve this, immediately. 

I am not in a position, nor am I willing, to be without this money for such a length of time through no fault of my own. I appreciate your colleague's correspondence but I need this money, my money, today. 

I did not at any point authorise this second charge to my card, and you, as my bank, should not allow money to be withdrawn from my account in an unauthorised manner. I am appalled that my bank have allowed funds to leave my account without my permission. 

This is absolutely unacceptable and I don't understand why your customer care agent would feel that I should just blindly accept the fact that I have to potentially wait five working days to access money that I have not spent or authrorised to leave my account. 

I am very disappointed and this has left me in a place of mistrust with Bank of Ireland. 

I hope that you will attempt to resolve this matter promptly, as I am now in a position of financial strain for the coming days without these funds in my bank.

Best regards,

Aoife

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

aoifefb wrote: »
    Dear Sir or Madam,

Last night I made a payment to "ASOS" online clothing store for the amount of €121.57. However, upon checking my online account afterwards and today, I noted that the amount had been debited from my account twice in two separate transactions.

I have been in touch via Facebook with one of your customer care team, Sharon, who explained this is probably a "shadow posting", and implied it was the fault of the retailer, telling me that "once the retailer fully processes the transaction, the duplicate payment should correct on the system and be removed from your account within five working days." Sharon told me she could do no more for me.

I then contacted the retailer who insisted that "on our systems this is showing as 1 transaction and we haven't debited any additional funds from your account". I asked them to look in to this further for me and they are positive that I have "only been charged once".

When I asked your customer care agent, Sharon, to please resolve this issue for me she informed me that "this is out of our control. The general time frame for the funds to re-credit would be 3-5 working days, this is dependent on how quickly the retailer processes the payment." 

This is absolutely not satisfactory to me. I am customer who has made no error here, it is quite unacceptable for me to be without €120 of my money. I am being penalised for shopping using a BOI debit card and it is up to you to do something to resolve this, immediately. 

I am not in a position, nor am I willing, to be without this money for such a length of time through no fault of my own. I appreciate your colleague's correspondence but I need this money, my money, today. 

I did not at any point authorise this second charge to my card, and you, as my bank, should not allow money to be withdrawn from my account in an unauthorised manner. I am appalled that my bank have allowed funds to leave my account without my permission. 

This is absolutely unacceptable and I don't understand why your customer care agent would feel that I should just blindly accept the fact that I have to potentially wait five working days to access money that I have not spent or authrorised to leave my account. 

I am very disappointed and this has left me in a place of mistrust with Bank of Ireland. 

I hope that you will attempt to resolve this matter promptly, as I am now in a position of financial strain for the coming days without these funds in my bank.

Best regards,

Aoife
    Hi aoifefb,

Thank you for contacting us & welcome to Boards.ie.

I have spoken with my colleague and I believe that she has arranged for an advisor with account access will call you this afternoon.

Thanks again,

Tara C

Advertisement