Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dana white looking for a fight

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Yeah not a big deal if they are juicing anyway, all 40+ and not competing literally means it's their own business if they are.

Have to say I'm enjoying these episodes as they are coming out though, Serra has beef with almost everyone at these events and he loves a gargle :D

Read some where these ''beefs'' were the usual made up reality tv stuff,same way they had fights in tuf ufc arent strangers to doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭ASOT

Gamebred wrote: »
    Read some where these ''beefs'' were the usual made up reality tv stuff,same way they had fights in tuf ufc arent strangers to doing it.

The early fights in TUF wernt made up, especially Diaz's season. Back when they could drink heavily after getting eliminated was unreal.

ASOT wrote: »
    The early fights in TUF wernt made up, especially Diaz's season. Back when they could drink heavily after getting eliminated was unreal.

That cody gambrandt thing was all set up this season,the boys were cringing filming it.

That cody gambrandt thing was all set up this season,the boys were cringing filming it.

Yeah Same with Sonnen and wandi, rewatch the fights from season five one of the lads gets someone in am armbar and he lifts him up and smashes his head off the ground it was gas, he then nate losing the rag and trying to fight everyone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭RonanP77

I watched the pilot earlier in the week and the next episode last night. I like it, there's only a small part of it that's actually about fights though.

I don't know why so many people hate Dana, I liked him on TUF and I like him on this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

A link to this please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

I do like it but it looks like the format will be something like this

Private Jet
    Man v Food
    Some fights
    Meet someone famous in fight biz
    Some antics
    Man v Food
    Some fights
    End.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,895 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Enjoying this, nice easy viewing. Poor Holyfield, couldn't have left him with a good feeling towards mma watching Serra and the ring announcer go off on each other. Even Nick looked very awkward while that whole thing was going on.

Also it's good how they announce at the end if a certain fighter made it onto an upcoming card.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭mmapk

mmapk wrote: »

Yeah right,Dana will be in dublin while Anderson silva is fighting in London ffs who writes this garbage.

• Advertisement

Doesn't the article suggest they could catch 2 hours of BAMMA, leave at 6pm and be in the o2 for 7:30 plenty of time when you have your own jet plane and the o2 is round the corner from London City airport.

Kinda makes sense to me, and makes great TV catching 2 shows in one day in 2 countries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭weemcd

Tell you what I'd hate to hang around with them 3 lads.

Dana seems the most sound, but let's face it he's an egomaniac and a bit of a psycho. Seems fine in the looking for a fight videos to be fair but he's a nasty character imo.

Matt Serra - just your quintessential meathead jersey shore Italian-American tough guy.

Nick the Tooth - incredibly annoying hipster prick who dresses like a 16 year old well into his 40's

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

mmapk wrote: »
    Doesn't the article suggest they could catch 2 hours of BAMMA, leave at 6pm and be in the o2 for 7:30 plenty of time when you have your own jet plane and the o2 is round the corner from London City airport.

Kinda makes sense to me, and makes great TV catching 2 shows in one day in 2 countries.

Not a hope will Dana be at BAMMA. He's not going to be flying to and from Ireland to see the BAMMA Prelims when UFC is on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

I really like it. Serra is very entertaining and an absolute nutjob. Any word in whether this is set to become a weekly thing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Coming to catch Dylan tuke?

but1er wrote: »
    Coming to catch Dylan tuke?

Hes not coming,and if he was tuke for as good a prospect as he is,wont be getting near the ufc for another while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭moneyman

Tuke, Rhys and obviously Gallagher are excellent prospect but they all have a bit of filling out to do physically. More experience is needed too, but I think all three have it in them to be UFC fighters down the road. Tuke is something else. Haven't seen James fight live yet so I'll be looking forward to that one the most at BAMMA if I end up going.

moneyman wrote: »
    Tuke, Rhys and obviously Gallagher are excellent prospect but they all have a bit of filling out to do physically. More experience is needed too, but I think all three have it in them to be UFC fighters down the road. Tuke is something else. Haven't seen James fight live yet so I'll be looking forward to that one the most at BAMMA if I end up going.

3 excellent fighters in the right hands,but lets see them get a few fights they all literally just made their pro debuts ufc talk is premature to say the least,gallagher is a grappling whizz his striking is improving from fight to fight not a guy you want to be on the ground with,UFC is 2 years away for these boys imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Where the hell is the second episode? :confused:

Where the hell is the second episode?

I watched it on Fightpass.

• Advertisement

RonanP77 wrote: »
    I watched it on Fightpass.

Same, but it's also on there youtube it's down as episode one as the first episide with sage was a pilot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

How often are new episodes? Very entertaining shows in fairness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭mikeruurds

I believe they will be releasing one a month. Can't recall where I saw/heard this, but I'll try and find the reference.

Edit: Dana mentioned it in a recent interview. Confirmed on reddit (not a great source), but I distinctly recall it being mentioned.

Dana and Co were at Legacy fighting on Friday night filming the Feb show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

They should really do away with TUF and let this be the new platform for finding upcoming talent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭xtal191

That_Guy wrote: »
    They should really do away with TUF and let this be the new platform for finding upcoming talent.

Totally agree with you there, TUF is absolutely brutal these days.

Ratings for Joanna v Claudia I predict will be rubbish.

Gamebred wrote:

I'll watch it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,386 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

I would say it maintains what the top brass want tbh. Mcgregor the biggest star at the mo but his season didn't hit the highs of Tate/Rousey ratings wise but easily done better than what followed that TUF19 was a painful experience can't blame anyone for not coming back to it after that.

After the Mcgregor season people who tuned into the show for the first time because of interest in him may return as they aren't as tired of the format as a lot of us are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

That_Guy wrote: »

I think same but I say Dana finding time to do it will be issue

Advertisement