Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dana white looking for a fight

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Dana trying to chop the tree with the axe :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

what happened to the tooth ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

ricero wrote: »
    what happened to the tooth ?

It got knocked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Matt's Helwani joke was brilliant, random seeing your one from 70's show/orange new black there as Dana's friend and class meeting the Kingdom crew. Nate was a bit of a waste, constantly on his phone. Gas how Dana more interested by the guy who turned and quit than the guy who won just because he took a short notice fight.

Nice seeing that other fella get an instant shot even though his opponent went down very easy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Even less fighting,

Will he ever go abroad??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Is this finished?

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭joshrogan

TL;DR

Nick the Tooth talked a big game about wanting to roll with Serra, Serra "taps him like a typwriter" and Nick tells Serra he can't let that footage air because it will embarass him. Dana is having none of it and makes sure it airs as well as sticking it to the tooth in commentary during the clip. Silva unaware of Nick's embarrassment at losing to Serra asked how it was to roll with such a top BJJ guy and blows up at Silva/Dana and is booted off the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,376 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Didn't Nick the Tooth want to grapple Joe Lauzon too. They set up a natch and Joe tapped him almost multiple times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Mellor wrote: »
    Didn't Nick the Tooth want to grapple Joe Lauzon too. They set up a natch and Joe tapped him almost multiple times.

I think Dana offered to pay Joe $1k per tap, cost him a bomb.

Serra dishes the dirt during this podcast

New episode tomorrow, Nick obviously not present. It will be up on YouTube, I wonder what happened to the Netflix deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    New episode tomorrow, Nick obviously not present. It will be up on YouTube, I wonder what happened to the Netflix deal.

Eh didnt know that!. I googled it and had a real laugh reading about it!. I actually remember at the time he got owned on he mats he really didnt like it. That Tooth is some dreamer. Goes to show these guys that seem up for anything and seemingly are free as a breeze can have egos like the best of them.
    For anyone else who watches the show and hasnt heard about why the tooth is gone this is a great read. I also love the way Serra tells a story!.
    By the way i didnt see the youtube clip above as it was taken off which is why i missed it!

Story

Ah yeah thought it was already discussed in this thread, anyway yeah Nick came across like a precious little flower if that is all true. It's bizarre that Anyone practicing bjj would get that upset about a black belt like Serra dominating them.

Also, I thought Netflix was picking this up for an exclusive season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Tooth has his side of things also which I actually believe over serras version.

Ah yeah thought it was already discussed in this thread, anyway yeah Nick came across like a precious little flower if that is all true. It's bizarre that Anyone practicing bjj would get that upset about a black belt like Serra dominating them.

Also, I thought Netflix was picking this up for an exclusive season.

Very true, dont know how i missed it!. I didnt scan my gaze above the broken youtube link for some reason.
    I must search out the Tooths side of the story. By the way has this harmed the friendship between the tooth and Dana i wonder?.

Yeah would like to hear Nicks side myself because 'Dana said' doesn't carry much weight either.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Yeah would like to hear Nicks side myself because 'Dana said' doesn't carry much weight either.

http://www.mmafighting.com/platform/amp/2016/9/15/12925302/morning-report-nick-the-tooth-explains-his-side-of-why-hes-no-longer

Hhmmm well it would never cross my mind to say one club is better than another by just watching a friendly roll between a purple and a black belt. It might if both were black belt and had a proper match but even then, I wouldn't hold a club responsible for the loss. Fragile reaction from Nick imo. Still, sucks he seemed to be kept in the dark with things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Long time since i listened to the podcast but it seemed tooth was more annoyed at being the only one not being told about what was happening and being the butt of all the jokes

It's a pity anyway as I really enjoyed his whackiness\antics, really balanced out the meathead dana\serra combo.

Enjoyable episiode, nothing new but some good laughs. Honestly thought they weren't even going to show a fight at one point with all their arsing around. Dana's gaf looks crazy, some go-kart course. Din Thomas is grand but wish they'd have a different fighter/retired fighter each week, mix things up a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,818 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Enjoyable episiode, nothing new but some good laughs. Honestly thought they weren't even going to show a fight at one point with all their arsing around. Dana's gaf looks crazy, some go-kart course. Din Thomas is grand but wish they'd have a different fighter/retired fighter each week, mix things up a bit.

I'd like to see chuck Liddell, Forrest griffin or maybe Chael

Really enjoyed the new episode. Much better show without the Tooth IMO.

Wasn't the best ep, the haunted house was gas but everything else was meh. You'd miss the Tooth. Hard to get hyped about anyone new being signed to flyweight.

Even though its as formulaic as the others this one was the least enjoyable I can remember, quite hollow. Yeah I think you do need the tooth.
    I think it would be better to have 2 different people with Dana for each episode. Or one new person alternated with Matt and Din from show to show.
    I don't even think they need to fly far and wide you could do some in Vegas.

• Advertisement

"Willing to travel the world to find new talent" Season 3 and haven't left the states yet. Think it's getting a bit stale now. That was def weakest one yet. Matt gets very boring after a while; see how he appeals to an American audience but his act gets old for me very quick. We get he likes pizza ha

Advertisement