Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford AC Half Marathon 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

Almost tempted to do it now, I wanted B. :pac:

I'll post ya mine if ya want it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 996 ✭✭✭1eg0a3xv7b82of

looking forward to this and on a saturday which is good.
    Its great to have a half marathon in December time, something to aim towards.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Just a reminder that today is the last day to enter the WAC half.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭niallo32

Just registered there - looking forward to it now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

Sugar - just went to register there now and have only realised it is closed. Have a bit of an injury and was waiting to see how it was over the weekend.
    If anyone is looking to use the transfer facility let me know!

SORTED NOW - got a transfer from a boardsie. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 mikeross

Similarly to scargill, I am looking for somebody to get a transfer from.
    Let me know if you have an unnecessary entry, of course I'll pay the entry fee for anybody who decided to miss out.

Cheers,
    Tamas
    scargill wrote: »
    Sugar - just went to register there now and have only realised it is closed. Have a bit of an injury and was waiting to see how it was over the weekend.
    If anyone is looking to use the transfer facility let me know!

SORTED NOW - got a transfer from a boardsie. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 22 VAGABOND7

Any chance there might be one more generous sole out there who would be willing to transfer a number...I would be happy take it off your hands, and pay, as I also missed the deadline at the weekend...and I am having no joy with the WAC crew in trying to negotiate a late entry.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Davidhaberlin 1981

Hi guys I'm looking for two transfers, 2 of us left it too late to enter. Please let me know if you have a space, happy to pay in full. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭dintbo

According to their Facebook page it's full. I'm pretty sure it sold out last year as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭MacSwifty

pac_man wrote: »
    What's the reasoning behind closing the entries two weeks before the race?

2000 Max entry - Filled! - so no more

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭Gavlor

What's the reasoning behind closing the entries two weeks before the race?

I don't get this attitude? You had 3 months to register!

What's the reasoning behind waiting less than two weeks before the race to register?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Wild Garlic

Gavlor wrote: »
    I don't get this attitude? You had 3 months to register!

What's the reasoning behind waiting less than two weeks before the race to register?????

I suppose people have other stuff going on in their lives and maybe can't commit at such an early stage. Then again the transfer option negates this somewhat.

Got sorted with a transfer...thanks to fellow boardsie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭Myles Splitz

VAGABOND7 wrote: »
    Got sorted with a transfer...thanks to fellow boardsie

See you down there again this year so ;)

See you down there again this year so ;)

Glad you got sorted, fair play to you and the person who transferred. I'm still looking for 2 spots if you hear of anything please let me know.

Yeah looking forward to it now, not sure I will be fit enough to enjoy your company this year....on my way back from an injury hence the last minute entry...also I need a new woolly hat for the winter training ahead !!! hope to catch up with you after the race.

Hi all, still on the look out for transfers, I'll take a single one or ideally two if you hear of any please let me know.

Sorry if you took offence to a genuine question.It appears that the race is sold out so that's probably where the answer lies. Good luck with the event.

I should stay away from boards till after I have a coffee :D

Got sorted there this evening. Panic over. Thanks a million.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭neilc

Have a place to transfer if anyone still needs one.
    Neil

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Comte

My first time doing this half marathon feeling a bit anxious. Are their many hills? Most of my training has been on flat roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭dintbo

Comte wrote: »
    My first time doing this half marathon feeling a bit anxious. Are their many hills? Most of my training has been on flat roads.

There are a couple of drags but nothing particularly bad. Just ease up a little on the hillier bits if you're not used to running them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 rugbywidow13

Hi, I was late to enter and looking for a transfer? Thanks noel

• Registered Users Posts: 2 rugbywidow13

Hi Neill , I'll take it if it's available. Thanks

Comte wrote: »

Short, sharp drag on mile 9 but the last 1.5 miles are downhill. Make sure to go upstairs in the sports complex for a bit of grub afterwards, great way to soak up the atmosphere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭Myles Splitz

Gavlor wrote: »
    Short, sharp drag on mile 9 but the last 1.5 miles are downhill. Make sure to go upstairs in the sports complex for a bit of grub afterwards, great way to soak up the atmosphere.

How does it compare to last years mile 13, been brushing up on my speed to not be outkicked by a turd again :p

How does it compare to last years mile 13, been brushing up on my speed to not be outkicked by a turd again :p

More or less the same but the last little uphill at the finish has been taken out....

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭AAD

This will also be my first experience of the Waterford Half. Actually it will be my first run outside of Dublin. Looking forward to it need to get a good run in to make up for Clontarf last week.

See you all there, I'll be the one who looks like death warmed up 😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 3 barrod

I am looking for an entry for a friend, decided to run when it was too late to register. Will obviously pay for your transfer .much appreciated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 FredTheRedser

Hi there, I am looking for a transfer for the half marathon. I will pay full amount plus transfer. PM if you have a spare registration. Thanks

Advertisement