Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford AC Half Marathon 2015

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Wild Garlic

Next year I'm going to register 50 times for this race and charge a nice premium to transfer them all when registration closes. Xmas sorted for next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

I've a transfer up for grabs, won't make it down due to other commitments - don't need money, if you can post up the hat for my daughter we can call it quits :)

NB: transfers close tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 3 barrod

Hey beepbeep67,would love to use your transfer,and will send you hat no problem

• Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

barrod wrote: »
    Hey beepbeep67,would love to use your transfer,and will send you hat no problem

PM me your vitals

• Registered Users Posts: 4 FredTheRedser

Hey still looking for a transfer if anybody knows someone not going. Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭AAD

Just received my number and timing chip in the post this morning. Really looking forward to this race now. Also says on the form that transfers will be available until December 2nd, for those looking for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

You can grow back your beard by then ;)

Oh it's there, Graham Norton like

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Whatsthisabout

pac_man wrote: »
    What's the reasoning behind closing the entries two weeks before the race?

This year it sold out but registration still closes two weeks out as all race packs are posted so 2 weeks is the minimum to prepare, post, and have time to handle lost packs etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Whatsthisabout

Transfers are closing tonight. If it says otherwise on the insert that is an error.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 VAGABOND7

See you down there again this year so ;)
    VAGABOND7 wrote: »
    Yeah looking forward to it now, not sure I will be fit enough to enjoy your company this year....on my way back from an injury hence the last minute entry...also I need a new woolly hat for the winter training ahead !!! hope to catch up with you after the race.
    How does it compare to last years mile 13, been brushing up on my speed to not be outkicked by a turd again :p

It could have been worse...I was left for dead at the 10 mile mark ......by a lad who decided to run 5:20s for the last 3 miles....having done all the donkey work I might add !!!!...If you are in the same shape again this year I think we will be going our separate ways much earlier this year !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭kiloecho15

hi . just wondering if there will be a secure bag drop at the race

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭podgec10

I love the week of a race (except the foam rolling!!!), and really looking forward to this one and that hat!!

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭tiegan

podgec10 wrote: »
    I love the week of a race (except the foam rolling!!!), and really looking forward to this one and that hat!!

Best of luck, I think the thing I will miss most about not running is missing out on that lovely pink woolly hat!!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭podgec10

tiegan wrote: »
    Best of luck, I think the thing I will miss most about not running is missing out on that lovely pink woolly hat!!

It's a long enough drive for me so at least we will have those class hats on in the car on the way home to shorten the journey and hopefully happy with the finishing times (less important than the hat)

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭JohnnyBingo

From the email sent out the other day.....
    "There is several large changing and showering facilities available in the campus. Where possible we encourage participants to leave bags and valuables in their cars".

I don't think there is secure bag drop though.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭JohnnyBingo

Strong breeze and steady drizzle apparently. On the plus side, that breeze will be behind you going up the long drag at mile 10. Bin bag at the start for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

From the email sent out the other day.....
    "There is several large changing and showering facilities available in the campus. Where possible we encourage participants to leave bags and valuables in their cars".

I don't think there is secure bag drop though.

If it's the same place as last year there are lots of lockers in the campus. Bring a few coins...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭Gavlor

menoscemo wrote: »
    If it's the same place as last year there are lots of lockers in the campus. Bring a few coins...

Same place

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭Duanington

Anyone receive race numbers yet? I thought they were being posted out but could be wrong, maybe its a collect on the morning type scenario?

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Slow_Runner

Duanington wrote: »
    Anyone receive race numbers yet? I thought they were being posted out but could be wrong, maybe its a collect on the morning type scenario?

I received mine on Monday. There is no collection on morning of the race. I'd send them an e-mail to sort it at this stage, I'm sure they have a system in place for numbers going missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭dintbo

I received mine on Monday D. Might be worth contacting someone if you haven't gotten yours yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭Duanington

Thanks folks - it was actually sitting in the porch this morning !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

I'm hearing FB rumours that this is now cancelled due to parts of the course being flooded.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭Beef

I was just coming on to check. I was going to miss this anyway due to the dreaded manflu (touch and go btw) but I saw photos from Waterford earlier where the cork road was flooded. Maybe Gavlor or some other Deise native can let us know?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

not a rumour, check the webpage

http://www.waterfordachalf.com/
    Following consultation with An Garda and Waterford City Council and the upgrading of storm warnings throughout the country to status red it is with great regret that we must postpone tomorrows Waterford AC Half Marathon which was due to take place at 10am on Saturday December 5th.

The decision was made as a matter of health and safety. Although no parts of the course are currently flooded and despite the efforts of Waterford City Council today to clear flooding and repair damage caused by heavy rain yesterday, the potential for further flooding overnight is high.

Forecasts for the South East are not as severe as the rest of the country however with status red warnings in place in other counties we are conscious that we did not want people traveling in unsafe conditions tomorrow.

The event is currently rescheduled to take place on the new date of Saturday, 9th January2016.

For participants that can make the new date your same number a chip will be valid

For participants unable to make this date we will be offering refunds. You can apply for your refund through the following form http://www.totaltiming.ie/waterford-ac-half-2015-refund-request/. Please note refunds will not be processed until January.
    With the postponement of an event this large there comes a large amount of administration and financial cost to Waterford AC. We also understand the inconvenience and potential costs incurred by people that had planned to take part and support our event. We hope you will understand and bear with us as we work through the arrangements.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

It's confirmed off. It's on their website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

What Ray said.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭AAD

I was just about to walk out the door to travel to Waterford and I thought I would check and see what the latest news was with reference to the incoming storm before I left home. Good thing I did,

There's not a lot that the club can do bar listen to the emergency services around them. Ah well I'll have to find another race so. And see if the hotel will let me change dates.

You could always send out the hats as an early Crimbo present..........

Advertisement