Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford AC Half Marathon 2015

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

Not a lot they could have done there at all, pity for this race as its the second time this has happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭podgec10

That's a pity! 5 more weeks of training, should go faster then!! ;) No hat from Christmas :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,179 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Just looking thru fb there and it's great to see the positive feedback. It 's a difficult decision both logistically and financially to postpone an event involving 2000 runners and hopefully everyone will make it down on the second Saturday in jan.

For those that had accommodation etc booked, why not come down anyway and enjoy the city's winterval (or winderval as it may be tomorrow!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭Myles Splitz

Gavlor wrote: »
    Just looking thru fb there and it's great to see the positive feedback. It 's a difficult decision both logistically and financially to postpone and event involving 2000 runners and hopefully everyone will make it down on the second Saturday in jan.

For those that had accommodation etc booked, why not come down anyway and enjoy the city's winterval (or winderval as it may be tomorrow!)

Tallaght on Tour still confirmed don't you worry. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

The council have issued a red and yellow alert.

(joke nicked from facebook)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

I got a text about this. I presume most people would have. tbh if I had to drive 4+ hours round trip in the morning to find that it was off would be much more annoying. The professionalism of them consulting with Gardai and making the call the day before is something they should be applauded for. Clon is still going ahead. Its about 25 miles from me on the coast and I am inland. The wind here in the Lee Valley is very strong. I can't see it going ahead but it will be last minute decision. Happy that I choose to do Waterford that is 2 hours drive away rather than Clon that is 30 mins once again and I expect to have another reason when Clon is canceled in the morning.

So I heard :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,081 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Just looking thru fb there and it's great to see the positive feedback. It 's a difficult decision both logistically and financially to postpone and event involving 2000 runners and hopefully everyone will make it down on the second Saturday in jan.

You sorting the Christmas funds early?

12342757_10207224522645709_9138950296864692672_n.jpg?oh=19b1520504ee21525a957b726722d869&oe=56DF9FE3

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    You sorting the Christmas funds early?

12342757_10207224522645709_9138950296864692672_n.jpg?oh=19b1520504ee21525a957b726722d869&oe=56DF9FE3

:D Jesus that was quick!!

• Advertisement

-- email I got

Hi

We would like to send one more email to give people a further update:

Participants who are already registered and can participate on January 9th: You need only keep your race number and timing chip safe and turn up with them on the day.

Participants who are already registered but unable to participate on January 9th: Waterford AC is happy to offer you a full refund. As the original date was a sell out and in an effort to try recoup some of the costs of postponing the event we would like to reopen the sale of the any refunded places. For this reason we are asking that all refund requests be completed by DECEMBER 19th. Refunds will be processed in January. You can request a refund by completing the form at the following link: http://www.totaltiming.ie/waterford-ac-half-2015-refund-request/. If possible we are also asking anybody unable to attend to post their race pack back to:

Kieran O’Mahony,

66 Williamstown Park,

Waterford.

New participants looking to sign up for January 9th: As our original date on December 5th was a sell-out we must wait and see how many refunds are requested before offering additional places for January 9th. The closing date to apply for refunds is December 19th. Once all refund requests have been received, we will send registration invites to the people that placed their name on the waiting list. This will be handled on a first come first served basis by email on December 20th. Please note that adding your name to the waiting list does not guarantee you a place. To add your name to the waiting list please visit the following link and click join the waiting list: https://totaltiming.primo-events.com/ps/event/WaterfordACHalfMarathon2015

Given the Christmas period and tight timeframes we will not be able to post race packs to new participants so we will arrange for collection on the morning of the event.

Sincerely

Waterford AC Half Marathon Committee

--- I hope it remains a sell out for Jan too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

rom wrote: »
    -- email I got

Hi

We would like to send one more email to give people a further update:

Participants who are already registered and can participate on January 9th: You need only keep your race number and timing chip safe and turn up with them on the day.

Participants who are already registered but unable to participate on January 9th: Waterford AC is happy to offer you a full refund. As the original date was a sell out and in an effort to try recoup some of the costs of postponing the event we would like to reopen the sale of the any refunded places. For this reason we are asking that all refund requests be completed by DECEMBER 19th. Refunds will be processed in January. You can request a refund by completing the form at the following link: http://www.totaltiming.ie/waterford-ac-half-2015-refund-request/. If possible we are also asking anybody unable to attend to post their race pack back to:

Kieran O’Mahony,

66 Williamstown Park,

Waterford.

New participants looking to sign up for January 9th: As our original date on December 5th was a sell-out we must wait and see how many refunds are requested before offering additional places for January 9th. The closing date to apply for refunds is December 19th. Once all refund requests have been received, we will send registration invites to the people that placed their name on the waiting list. This will be handled on a first come first served basis by email on December 20th. Please note that adding your name to the waiting list does not guarantee you a place. To add your name to the waiting list please visit the following link and click join the waiting list: https://totaltiming.primo-events.com/ps/event/WaterfordACHalfMarathon2015

Given the Christmas period and tight timeframes we will not be able to post race packs to new participants so we will arrange for collection on the morning of the event.

Sincerely

Waterford AC Half Marathon Committee

--- I hope it remains a sell out for Jan too.

Fair play to them. Handled this so well.

I can't be in Waterford on the 9th :( if anyone want an entry. I have timing tags from postponed race so can post. €25.

Pm me

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭niallo32

podgec10 wrote: »
    I can't be in Waterford on the 9th :( if anyone want an entry. I have timing tags from postponed race so can post. €25.

Pm me

I'd love to take it Podge - have pm'd you

• Registered Users Posts: 8 bjk210

I have an entry for Waterford but cannot go. If you want it please pm me

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jayjayperu

I am not be able to run due to sickness. If anybody interested...Gutted...

Unable to run due to being sick over Xmas. Pm me if you would like the entry and I'll get it sorted.

niallo32 wrote: »
    I'd love to take it Podge - have pm'd you

Good luck niallo32

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭AAD

Just received an email about Saturday's race.

# no parts of the course are flooded
    # no excessive rain expected between now and then so should stay that way
    # road works around 8.5 miles into the race so be careful of uneven road surface
    # enjoy the race

I'm heading down from Dublin for this and I'm really looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

Heading down as well - Looks like only a gentle breeze with a small bit of rain - should be grand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭funrunner95

Does anyone know if there is gonna be pacers on Saturday??

Does anyone know if there is gonna be pacers on Saturday??

Yep, 1.25 out to 2.30 I think

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭funrunner95

Yep, 1.25 out to 2.30 I think

Thanks for that, I hope this rain stops fairly lively!

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭slowsteady

Weather was pretty much perfect, 6-7 degrees, no wind. Course was showing signs of the recent floods but good enough. Organisation was impeccable as usual and the grub was as good as always - need another run now to work it off:)

Numbers were down on last year which was a pity, probably due to the re-scheduling. Club races every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭niallo32

Really enjoyed that. Perfect conditions, well marshalled with plenty of encouragement, great food back in Carrignore & lovely medal!

As posted above, some parts of the course weren't great after the flooding but that's not something Waterford AC can control.

I'll definitely be back!

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭echancrure

I'll keep this short.
    The facilities are great and the race is well organised but parking is wee bit of a problem unless you arrive early (I arrived with 30 minutes to spare, so I had to park on a footpath).
    The course is OK, nothing pretty, and some of the roads were borderline but this was flagged.

I ran in 1:37 which 10' off my PB but I am just glad I can run at the moment; the start of my season.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭dintbo

Great race very well organised. Weather couldn't have been better. The drag at the end of mile 9 into 10 was a bit tricky but overall it was a very good course. But of course I was only there for the hat :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

dintbo wrote: »
    Great race very well organised. Weather couldn't have been better. The drag at the end of mile 9 into 10 was a bit tricky but overall it was a very good course. But of course I was only there for the hat :)

Agree that hill was a killer. Was on track to match my pb until that point but slowed a bit from there on. Finished around 1.5 mins outside pb but for a first post Christmas race I was happy. Organisation was top notch I must say, so well done to all.

Advertisement