Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Romania blocked?

Options
  • 01-10-2015 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭

It looks like access to boards.ie from Romania has been blocked. Since this morning any requests are timing out. I've tried three different internet connections - each with a different provider - and it's the same story. Right now I'm using remote desktop to a computer in Ireland to post this.

Maybe it's related to the 503 errors that have been reported recently? Although for me it's just timeouts - no error messages.

A trace route is showing me that ip-89-234-66-110.dedi.digiweb.ie [89.234.66.110] is the last successful hop. Judging by a trace route from the computer that I'm remoting to, the next hop should be boards.ie.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Hi carrotcake,
    There was an attempted botnet attack on the site last night which unfortunately can occur from time to time in an attempt to take a site off-line. This is the reason some users were experiencing 503 errors last night. One of the security measures taken by our team was to temporarily block access to Boards from a number of countries where the attack originated. Romania happened to be one of these. Now that the attack has passed we will resume access for the countries affected asap. Apologies for the inconvenience in the meantime.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Is France (partly) blocked also?

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Is France (partly) blocked also?

It is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

Thanks, Niamh. Back to normal now. :)

Advertisement