Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing VISA CC with Mastercard CC?

Options
  • 01-10-2015 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭

I'm a BoI customer with both a Visa CC and Mastercard CC on the same account.
    I got a letter from you today saying that you are no longer using VISA and are replacing the VISA CC with a MC one instead.

Why would I want to have two Mastercards on the same account or maybe I've misinterpreted the letter?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi MargeS, 

Thank you for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie. 

We're sorry that our recent correspondence has caused some confusion. The letter you received actually refers to our MasterCard migration scheme where Bank of Ireland are moving all Visa Credit Cards to MasterCard's in order to enhance features for our customers. 

From what you've explained in your post, you currently hold a Twin Credit Card account where you have access to a Visa and MasterCard on the same account. With the migration, your account will automatically be transferred to a sole MasterCard account where you will only have one MasterCard per card holder on the account. 

This migration will not have any impact on how you use your credit card and it will afford you several benefits including the options of Payment Plan, 3D Secure and Contactless.

We have created a dedicated page here on our website to help address our customers queries with this transition process.

I hope this helps clarify your query today and if you need anything else, please don't hesitate to contact us again. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

Advertisement