Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lenny, Alek and Rob's cyclo crossbromance

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

detones wrote: »
    Photo taken from wrong side though ;-)
    Yeah, but those cars would have been in the way if you'd taken it from the other side ......

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,850 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Get your sand tyres ready! :D

zn0rwg.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

Are we going up or down there? Down should result in some spectacular face plants

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭onthefringe

aye aye!!

lennymc wrote: »
    Are we going up or down there? Down should result in some spectacular face plants

Down i'd say.. hitting that at any reasonable speed will send you to a sandy end! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Nice!

Will knobblier tyres (Racing Ralphs) be better in sand than mud-specific ones (less aggressively knobbled Mud Wrestlers)?

RR:

Schwalbe-Racing-Ralph-Evolution-Tubular-Tyre-700-x-35mm-in-Black-0-300x300.jpg

MW:

maxxis-mud-wrestler-maxxis-mud-wrestler-tr-tubeless-cxmagazine-img_0006-e-e_1.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Really sorry I'm missing it, would love to push Len right into that trap ;)

Sand don't care what tyres you got! :pac:........:D

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

RobFowl wrote: »
    Really sorry I'm missing it, would love to push Len right into that trap ;)
    Presumably you'll have Lusk_Doyle flying the flag and triggering the trap.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭nak

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    Sand don't care what tyres you got! :pac:........:D

After Lady Dixon I would be more worried about disc brakes and your drive chain. Bike was not happy.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Beasty wrote: »

Sending Detones to do that job :)

Len's ass is grass

nak wrote: »
    After Lady Dixon I would be more worried about disc brakes and your drive chain. Bike was not happy.

this won't be the same deep heavy kinda sand you had in lady dix..

just hit it fast and fly right through the sandpit on this course...

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭fran83

What tyre pressure do you lads run?
    I ran 30 last week and thought it was too much.

nak wrote:

I can generally imagine why.... but disc brakes? Is it because of the narrow pad clearance? Mud is usually no problem there.

Alek wrote: »
    I can generally imagine why.... but disc brakes? Is it because of the narrow pad clearance? Mud is usually no problem there.

Sand makes for scratchy brakes and rubbing noises on discs ...

Cantis all the way #oldschool

RobFowl wrote: »
    Sand makes for scratchy brakes and rubbing noises on discs ...

Cantis all the way #oldschool

Also wears out the pads. Wouldn't go back to cantis though, no plans to race Koksidje anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

Beasty wrote: »

Ssshhhh!

fran83 wrote:
    What tyre pressure do you lads run? I ran 30 last week and thought it was too much.

What is your weight ? I am 80kg and ran 30 last week too - found it a bit squirmy in tight corners, also could the rim a few times. If its going to be less lumpy than PunchesX I will go 35.

What is your weight ? I am 80kg and ran 30 last week too - found it a bit squirmy in tight corners, also could the rim a few times. If its going to be less lumpy than PunchesX I will go 35.

I'm 68kg but felt the bike sliding a bit on coners with 30 so didn't know weather to go harder or softer.

fran83 wrote: »
    I'm 68kg but felt the bike sliding a bit on coners with 30 so didn't know weather to go harder or softer.

Tubs, clinchers or tubeless?

• Advertisement

nak wrote: »
    Tubs, clinchers or tubeless?

Clinchers rocket rons

68kgs on clinchers? 30 is the lowest I'd recommend. With tubeless you could possibly try medium twenties...

68kgs on clinchers? 30 is the lowest I'd recommend. With tubeless you could possibly try medium twenties...

Sound lads

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Nice!

Will knobblier tyres (Racing Ralphs) be better in sand than mud-specific ones (less aggressively knobbled Mud Wrestlers)?

Seeing that most of us haven't had the chance to master a sand pit, I wouldn't really set my tyre choice for the day over it. You could end up running through it. You also don't know what the rest of the course will throw up.
    I'll stick with last weeks tyres, though might change direction of tread for more traction after last nights rain.

Good plan, I'll stick to it too.

(minus the thread reverse)

Good plan, I'll stick to it too.

(minus the thread reverse)

A certain race winner reverses the tread in his rear tyre.

I know it can improve traction but it is simply too late now ;) its a bit more complicated / messy with tubeless.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

I know it can improve traction but it is simply too late now ;) its a bit more complicated / messy with tubeless.

Good aul tubes. Took me 5 mins to reverse the rear this morning. :)

I think it should be fine today, being a golf course it should drain well. Ground was solid in Phoenix Park yesterday.

• Advertisement

Good luck to all today at the Fixx race, hope Len breaks the top 20 too
    ðŸ†ðŸ†ðŸ†

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement