Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lenny, Alek and Rob's cyclo crossbromance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Fcukin livid here. Drove up, signed on pinned number on the right and correct shoulder, and just before the start had to bail for home with the kids after a mini domestic.

I know James O Reilly wants us to stop smacking our kids but I dunno if he's any suggestions for stopping them slapping each other.

Course looked great. Going mad now, full of caffeine, carbs, adrenaline, pi$$, vinegar, you name it :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭daragh_

That was mad Ted.

Don't think I'm cut out for this malarkey.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Enjoyed that. Great course design. Great craic up at the top sand pit.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭comete

That was 5 laps of nope.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

RobFowl wrote: »
    Good luck to all today at the Fixx race, hope Len breaks the top 20 too
    ðŸ†ðŸ†ðŸ†

I broke something alright. Derailleur hanger 1, Lenny nil :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,151 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

lennymc wrote: »

Shouldn't that be 2-0? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭lukegjpotter

My legs asked me to call a priest on the final uphill section. Fun times.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭detones

Well that was an experience. Found the track very tough. Punchestown was "easy" compare to that. happy to finish. Made a mess of the start and had just finished my warmer up lap and the race started which meant i started right at The back. I really Struggled remounting on the uphill section. The sand was something new too. Got through ok most times except for the second lap when I went on my ear to great applaus and Cheers. Plenty of ecouragement too on the way around. Was funny being in a race and pushing a bike uphill like a aul pensioner, and still gaining on people. Great organisation by all involved. Good to meet lenny mc Alex and i think i may have just passed luke on the last lap.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Gerry

What a brilliant course. I was passed quickly by most of the field on the flat bits but not so much on the kickers so was happy with that. Thought I'd end up dead last but had see-saw battle with a few folks, made up a good bit on the descents including the jump which was great fun :) Looking forward to the next one, might even buy a cx bike now ( if anyone knows of one going cheap? )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭easygoing39

Well run race,loads of support from people cheering,but that was a very very hard course.Didnt enjoy it all all.Time for a beer now!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

lennymc wrote: »

Join the club. Was getting through the bunker and some lad just ploughed into my back wheel. Funny thing was that I saw him take the exact same line with the exact same result on the following lap.

Was livid that all I got was a "sorry buddy" and a repair bill...that's cross I guess. Or at least, that's cross in the B's. Thanks to Colm for his B race entry!

366661.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭onthefringe

aye aye!!

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/756985/366591.jpg

jinxed myself with this....
    done exactly as in the pic...full frontal..
    jaysus..i wonder why sometimes :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

lennymc wrote:
    I broke something alright. Derailleur hanger 1, Lenny nil

If I were you I'd skip all events where Alek is taking part. He's a jinx.

daragh_ wrote: »
    That was mad Ted.

Don't think I'm cut out for this malarkey.

Spent most of the race hanging onto your rear wheel.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭easygoing39

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/756985/366591.jpg

jinxed myself with this....
    done exactly as in the pic...full frontal..
    jaysus..i wonder why sometimes :-(

I wonder are you the lad in the B race who went over the bars in the bunker,and to add insult to injury the back wheel of the bike came down on his head!!

Gerry wrote: »
    What a brilliant course. I was passed quickly by most of the field on the flat bits but not so much on the kickers so was happy with that. Thought I'd end up dead last but had see-saw battle with a few folks, made up a good bit on the descents including the jump which was great fun :) Looking forward to the next one, might even buy a cx bike now ( if anyone knows of one going cheap? )

What size are you looking?

I wonder are you the lad in the B race who went over the bars in the bunker,and to add insult to injury the back wheel of the bike came down on his head!!

no..that wasnt me...
    was 50/50 whether to ride the bunker or not...bad way to be entering something like that..
    ah shur ..ya learn

Spent most of the race hanging onto your rear wheel.

Did you get tape caught in your mech at one point? I was only vaguely aware of events beyond my front wheel.

daragh_ wrote: »
    Did you get tape caught in your mech at one point? I was only vaguely aware of events beyond my front wheel.

Yeah that was me.:)
    Just looking at the Strava flyby we spent the race passing each other. You dropped the chain once or twice I think but you quickly caught and passed me. What happened to you after the final time through the top sand pit?

What size are you looking?

Medium, but it needs to be cheap, I've heard of a few bikes being bought for 300-500 quid now, so that's the price range I'm set on ( obviously towards the lower end will see more initial upgrades)

• Advertisement

Gerry wrote: »
    Medium, but it needs to be cheap, I've heard of a few bikes being bought for 300-500 quid now, so that's the price range I'm set on ( obviously towards the lower end will see more initial upgrades)

Ah OK. Thinking of shifting my Focus but it wouldn't be in that price range.

whats on the shopping list ?!!

no worries. I'm thinking now is not the best time to be buying.

whats on the shopping list ?!!

Liking the 2016 Vitus. Had a quick spin on one today around the car park.

Yeah that was me.:)
    Just looking at the Strava flyby we spent the race passing each other. You dropped the chain once or twice I think but you quickly caught and passed me. What happened to you after the final time through the top sand pit?

Had a problem unclipping my right foot for the whole race. Hit the bottom of that steep bit after the bunker and decided to run it but couldn't get my foot out. Had to take my foot out of the shoe and then wrench the shoe out of the clip. Lost loads of time. Much cursing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭JK.BMC

I thought that venue and course design was fantastic- Just imagine what it would be like after a winter of rain and snow! Twas pretty difficult as it was, given the dry spell.

Went ok for 2 laps but my right cleat came loose so I was essentially riding on 1 leg for the remainder. Not particularly helpful going up/cross hill, plus I duly crashed each time in the bunker, fairly fred-like too, garnering generous whoops and cheers each time!

I think I made the top 40ish, not that it matters much. I'm hoping to get through a 'cross race some day without mishap- not yet this season but hopefully next time

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭comete

You think you're Fred like for crashing in the bunker? I ran through it every time...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,850 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

comete wrote: »
    You think you're Fred like for crashing in the bunker? I ran through it every time...

Yea the climbing bunker was definitely one to run through! :D

I ran through it every time...

You haven't even tried? I found it the the most fun of the race, except one time when I almost got impaled on the tip of my saddle ;)

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement