Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lenny, Alek and Rob's cyclo crossbromance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

lennymc wrote:
    and about 20 quid for a hanger

I got 2 spare hangers from superstarcomponents.com, theyre about a tenner each, but it took me a looong while to visually figure out which one to get as my bike wasnt listed ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

they dont have my one :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

lennymc wrote: »
    they dont have my one :(

Richies had a good selection last time I tore one off...
    Might be worth a try

i got one ordered from merlin - it's on it's way to me. I havent seen any aftermarket ones tho for this particular bike.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

i got one ordered from merlin - it's on it's way to me. I havent seen any aftermarket ones tho for this particular bike.

Should have ordered 2 ;)

• Advertisement

RobFowl wrote: »
    Should have ordered 2 ;)

should have stayed away from that ditch i am going to push you into.

should have stayed away from that ditch i am going to push you into.

Tymon park at dawn?

Gauntlet thrown :cool:

when is tymon park?

Can I slap you in the face with a glove?

195e2mufnah3bjpg.jpg

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Lenny - he's lost so much weight this past year or so - should be a (small) piece of cake to a man of your "stature":pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭nak

when is tymon park?

Rumoured to be the next Fixx venue. Hope it's back to being muddy.

• Advertisement

37f177d41a7c24f51b6ce0afe1830e6b.jpg

nak wrote: »

Fingers crossed. cant be doing with all this clean cx bikes....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭daragh_

Anything is better than sand. That stuff gets everywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,851 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

nak wrote: »

Yea Tymon can be muddy in places, you won't get the same drainage and good grass as on a Golf course! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭midonogh

Standard of tunes has gone up a notch at races this season. Was burning my lungs out to Gigantic by the Pixes, Stone Roses and Primal Scream at Glencullen and some great early Jamaican ska at Punchestown. Anytime the kids play Taylor Swift's Shake it Off in the car I am brought back to the cold icy steps in Mullingar.

Unfortunately Fingal won't let us play amplified music in River Valley so you have to make do with a piper.

This stuff is important, up there with chip timing!!

you are normally listening to the sound of defeat as I pass you midonagh. muhahahaha. I was going to sit on your wheel until the last lap on Sunday until I kablamo'd

(maybe it was advance Karma....)

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭midonogh

Sure, that we why you passed me, blew up, fell behind me and started to slip back before ripping a derailleur. Did you damage the derailleur that time you fell in front of me on the small hillock after the shed and before start/finish? Hard to concentrate and get the obstacle right when you have burnt all your matches.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

midonogh wrote: »

This stuff is important, up there with chip timing!!
    Tell me what time the chips are arriving at River Valley - I'll be there.

I was only giving you a bit of false hope, before cruelly smashing that hope upon the bunker of defeat. Ask robfowl what that's like. he should know after grangecastle. (#trashtalk!)

That was the funniest fall I had in ages. I stopped right atop the berm, then proceeded to fall left without being able to clip out, all the while being cursed by another boardsie for causing him to fall.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭foxer3640

RobFowl wrote: »
    If it's larne I'll take it

It's the one in mallow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

Has anyone any details of next Sunday's race in Bangor or any other CX race that's on next Sunday?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,851 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Hmmzis wrote: »
    Has anyone any details of next Sunday's race in Bangor or any other CX race that's on next Sunday?

Yes, they do: ulstercyclocross.com

Tenzor07 wrote: »

Thanks, all signed up now.

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    I'm in ....

Have people talked here about tyres, CX tyres? Wouldn't mind some insights and recomendations for what a good tyre might be for the local races. Was looking at Conti Mountain King but it's a bit dear at 60eur a pop.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Mr. Grieves

Michelin Mud 2 are good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Any sign of Fixx opening entries to Tymon I wonder?

Wouldn't mind some insights and recomendations for what a good tyre might be for the local races.

Maxxis Mud Wrestler is not too bad as a universal tyre either.

Thanks guys, got a case of trigger happy fingers and ordered a pair of Schwalbe Rocket Rons. :D

• Advertisement

They're very good, but some say they get clogged with mud. A spare wheelset with mud specific tyres is a very good solution to this, before you ask.

Or, even better, a new bike.

:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement