Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lenny, Alek and Rob's cyclo crossbromance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Peterx

I went for the new bike Alek ;)

Trek Crockett 5, all very lovely and shiny and new. Everything works perfectly.
    Very stiff and lovely to ride, the BB5 mech disc work amazingly well. Have to try them in wet rainy mud yet mind you.

It weighs 9.8kg which is slightly heavier than I would have liked but then I would have to spend more to get less and I would prefer to lose 1kg of gut fat and keep the money.

In that vein I am off the beer and some of the snacks for November and plan to run 3 times a week. Nothing like running for weight loss, assuming you can stay off the food afterwards.
    Des Woods is a hill running role model of mine who has transitioned very well to the bikes and according to stickybottle he doesn't eat crap or drink alcohol - might be worth a try!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Well wear Peter! Off the beer for a month? Thats not very CX at all :P

Tried running but simply can't find any fun in this. Food / calorie control worked the best for me so far - 4kg lost in 2 months (together with a bit more intensified training, but nothing too hard) and its staying there now.

But why off beoir? Simply cycle 20min longer a day per pint and you'll be grand :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,851 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Hmmzis wrote: »
    Thanks guys, got a case of trigger happy fingers and ordered a pair of Schwalbe Rocket Rons. :D

RR's are not bad, a good all-rounder..

Though these are great when the going gets soft under tyre: http://clementcycling.com/pdx-clincher

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Peck3277

Can anyone tell me how to get involved in Cyclocross?

I picked up a road bike (Merida Ride 100) about 7 months ago which I use to commute everyday. I find road cycling to be somewhat dull so I think cyclocross might interest me more?

Do you need a specific bike or would just have the right tyres do the trick? How do you practice, are there events? I know nothing about the sport really!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

fat bloke wrote: »
    Any sign of Fixx opening entries to Tymon I wonder?

Very soon by the look of things.
    https://www.facebook.com/supercrosscup/?fref=nf

Entries now open for The Muddy Cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭lukegjpotter

Five weeks of CX coming up; Fixx 3, DCCX 2, Muddy Cup, Leinster Champs (although, I'll take that week off), Fixx 4.

B race full already for Fixx Rnd.3: https://fs25.formsite.com/twracing/form29/index.html

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    B race full already for Fixx Rnd.3: https://fs25.formsite.com/twracing/form29/index.html

Thats scary.....

• Advertisement

Sold out quicker than a U2 concert...

Everyone else is up to the A race...35 places in there...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Gerry

Full up and I didn't even shteal a place with the MTB! I can't make this one unfortunately.

Also far more enjoyable than a U2 concert.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭detones

Also far more enjoyable than a U2 concert.:cool:

There'll be a Rattle and Hum as I struggle to get my bike around Tymon.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

detones wrote: »
    There'll be a Rattle and Hum as I struggle to get my bike around Tymon.

I heard that your new name is detours after your frequent route changes in the sand the other week!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Just a gentle reminder - if anyone is looking for or offering entries, please post in Cycling Adverts - this thread (and indeed this forum) is not for buying or selling stuff;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

something strange happened today. I went out on the CX bike and it didnt break. WTF!!

You. Must. Be. Kidding. Me.

How long did it take? 4 hours? :mad::mad::mad:

Feck this, I'm signing up for A. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭easygoing39

Am in the A's too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

lennymc wrote: »
    something strange happened today. I went out on the CX bike and it didnt break. WTF!!

You weren't trying to push Robfowl off so karma is at ease with you!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭lukegjpotter

Alek wrote: »
    Feck this, I'm signing up for A. :cool:

About time :P
    You'll have to rename the bike from "Grasshopper" to "Senpai".

Beasty wrote: »
    Just a gentle reminder - if anyone is looking for or offering entries, please post in Cycling Adverts - this thread (and indeed this forum) is not for buying or selling stuff;)

Or even better, contact the guys via the Facebook page and ask for a refund and cancel your race entry, might save you time and hassle and open up another place for someone else....

You'll have to rename the bike from "Grasshopper" to "Senpai".

I will happily downgrade him back to Grasshopper as soon as I can ;)

Look on the bright side Alek. You'll have the rest of us shouting abuse encouraging things at you. :D

That's going to be a lot of work for you guys - first cheering the main group, then some rest, then shouting at me :) By the end of lap 3 I should be back with them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭DaithiMC

Just realised I cannot make the Fixxcx Tymon Park event for which I am signed up for the B Vets race, what to do?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

DaithiMC wrote: »
    Just realised I cannot make the Fixxcx Tymon Park event for which I am signed up for the B Vets race, what to do?

Do as the man says.....
    Or even better, contact the guys via the Facebook page and ask for a refund and cancel your race entry, might save you time and hassle and open up another place for someone else....

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭DaithiMC

RobFowl wrote: »
    Do as the man says.....

Got that sorted with the nice people at FixxCx, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

Looking positively Belgian here in Bangor. Wind, rain, mud and cold. What esle could one hope for a CX race?

Oh, my mud tyres didn't arrive on time so I'm stuck with a pair of semi-slicks (that's the sandbaging out of the way early).

• Advertisement

Bangor was dry, warm and sunny today :)

12212023_10153226516523317_195393355_n.jpg?oh=07baf2b6eda1e31c17e4277dd7e9f738&oe=5641530E

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement