Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lenny, Alek and Rob's cyclo crossbromance

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Alek wrote: »
    I am not in a club, but I think there is province field in my CI Licence....

You can join one if you like ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭nak

stecleary wrote: »
    So last night I joked about borrowing our club bike and doing the b Race for the leinsters, for some silly reason I'm picking up that bike tonight and actually doing it :o what have I got my self in for, the course is said to harder than this year's nationals

It's quite technical, especially if it is muddy (which it will be) - the off camber zig zag descent is fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

nak wrote: »
    It's quite technical, especially if it is muddy (which it will be) - the off camber zig zag descent is fun where lenny always falls off.

FYP :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

You can join one if you like

One more commitment in my life would by the camel's straw.

the off camber zig zag descent

Are we talking about the Nationals course in Swords? I think I've fallen there more times than ever, at least twice on that zigzag ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭stecleary

Are we talking about the Nationals course in Swords? I think I've fallen there more times than ever, at least twice on that zigzag ;)

Yep that's course, I wouldn't mind I was marshaling that very section last year and only now do I remember so many falls

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

lennymc wrote: »
    FYP :)

You mean where Rob pushes Lenny off ;)

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Yep that's course, I wouldn't mind I was marshaling that very section last year and only now do I remember so many falls

It's known as the slalom. I was reattaching tape....

Good luck in that B race. That'll learn ya! Don't mess about on the club FB page....

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

It will be shorter than the nationals course. The flat sections have been decommissioned.....

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭crosswords

Planning to open sign on for leinster champs this week. Stay tuned for course info. Some changes to this year's route.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Beasty wrote: »
    It will be shorter than the nationals course. The flat sections have been decommissioned.....

Awww, I liked those sections.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,338 ✭✭✭Lusk_Doyle

It's ALL uphill this year too.

I liked all the other sections - but I was spectating rather than participating....

I liked all the other sections - but I was spectating rather than participating....

Don't get me wrong I loved everything about that course, the flat section was one of the only spots to catch your breath, although the headwind didn't help.

Lusk_Doyle wrote: »
    It's ALL uphill this year too.

What goes up must come down.:D

Bike picked up, it's all death from here

Bike picked up, it's all death from here
    It's gonna happen - only question is when.....

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭detones

Any info on the Kilruddery track. Is it a new venue?. Regardless even if there was no rain from now till Sunday it will a willl be a mad bath with the ground everywhere being so saturated.

It's gonna happen - only question is when.....

About half way around the first lap. Why should start a pool

About half way around the first lap. Why should start a pool
    Thought we were talking your mortality. Happy to wager you will still be alive on 7 December

If you do die you're estate is boosted and if you don't you're poorer but much more importantly still alive. You really can't lose with this one.....

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Svenness

'Best of luck at Leinster champtionships whoever does it. Let us know how it goes.

Any news at all on Nationals? Calendar says check ulstercyclocross which only has the following, which hasn't changed since first posted:
    "Irish National Cyclo-cross Championships 2016

The venue for this years National Cyclo-cross championships will be posted shortly. The date for the event will be Sunday 10 January 2016. More details to follow."

Any idea what course? When does reg open for that kind of event?
    Asking as I'm abroad at the moment but might be back in early January and would love to take part. Hard to plan things though with no info (and yes I have emailed them).

Cheers for any insight....e.g for nationals this year in Swords when did online registration open? Was there a field limit?

detones wrote: »
    Any info on the Kilruddery track. Is it a new venue?. Regardless even if there was no rain from now till Sunday it will a willl be a mad bath with the ground everywhere being so saturated.

If you haven't entered yet you can take mine, going to do the Louth coastal tour instead (mainly so I can knock Lenny off)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭nak

@Svenness nationals are at Rostrevor . Registration is always closer to the event as you need a licence for that year (2016). Field size will be limited for the championship (run to UCI rules) and it will be gridded. Guessing there will be a support race too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

detones wrote: »

As far as CX is concerned it's a "new" venue... The DCCX guys have a new course so while it will of certainly be wet/muddy in places it's still a new unworn track...

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭detones

RobFowl wrote: »
    If you haven't entered yet you can take mine, going to do the Louth coastal tour instead (mainly so I can knock Lenny off)

Have entered. Thanks though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,446 ✭✭✭Ryath

12243286_1739194452970288_5402713988887722122_n.jpg?oh=a681457d60cf9fb77cee906de2bfb7d0&oe=56F33DF4

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

RobFowl wrote: »
    If you haven't entered yet you can take mine, going to do the Louth coastal tour instead (mainly so I can knock try to keep up with Lenny who is completely awesome btw off)

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

For anyone in Munster or the Midlands this looks good:

2lj6on9.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭SuperSean

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    For anyone in Munster or the Midlands this looks good:

2lj6on9.jpg

Is that a typo or is the 1 day licence only 2e ?

Just wondering cos my brother got charged 20e (I think) in the last CX race we done.

Never mind just looked it up and there's a different price for 1 day licences from leisure and competition. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement