Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lenny, Alek and Rob's cyclo crossbromance

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,949 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Anyone have one of these:

http://www.halfords.ie/cycling/bikes/road-bikes/voodoo-limba-cyclocross-road-bike

For a beginner next year who is not looking to win but just keep up. All the reviews online are either from commuters or from their old version of the bike which seems to be a different frame material and far higher specced so difficult to judge the reviews, although they are all positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,851 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

CramCycle wrote: »

I've full suspension MTB's lighter than that, i'd say it would be a real dog of a bike in a CX environment..

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭detones

Both my disc brakes on my new cx bike have a slight rubbing noise when I spin the wheels on the bike stand. Is this normal?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,949 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    I've full suspension MTB's lighter than that, i'd say it would be a real dog of a bike in a CX environment..

Well it is for someone starting out so they are never going to spend huge money. My opinion was the wheels and components would have to be upgraded over time but I had no idea if you could use it for CX.

i imagine a groupset and wheel change over time would bring it down to close to 10kg

This said their other (maximum of the range) was this:
    https://www.cyclesuperstore.ie/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=88395

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

This post is to remind Alek that entries are now open for the Fixx Supercross.
    Can't say you weren't warned.;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Ha! :D Signed in. 45 places left in B

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,151 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

This post is to remind Alek that entries are now open for the Fixx Supercross.
    Can't say you weren't warned.;)

Nice one - In!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

In like flynn

I doubt this race will sell out as quickly as the early season rounds...

Though it will be a brilliant course, plenty of work done on it as you'd expect from the Fixx CX Team..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭stecleary

crosswords wrote: »
    Hi folks. Regarding the course for the lenister champs.

There are no steps on the course. It's all grass, tarmac or forest trail. Nothing too steep but you will need brakes.

See you all on sunday.

Plenty of room to the right of them. Good to know people are easily scared the :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭daragh_

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    I doubt this race will sell out as quickly as the early season rounds...

Though it will be a brilliant course, plenty of work done on it as you'd expect from the Fixx CX Team..

Might do the B race. What's the course like?

daragh_ wrote: »
    Might do the B race. What's the course like?

Mostly flat, small bit of forest track, open field with plenty of turns, and loops around a football pitch also, one small run up and couple of humps, one set of boards...

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭SuperSean

Signed up for Fixx :D

Looking like it'll be 3 solid weekends of CX with the last DCCX on Dec 20th aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Less than 24 hours till registration for Leinster Champs closes. It will close at noon on Thursday 3rd December 2015. No exceptions. This includes all races on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭dooverylittle

Raam wrote: »
    Less than 48 hours till registration for Leinster Champs closes. It will close at noon on Thursday 3rd December 2015. No exceptions. This includes all races on the day.

Will there be a list of registered riders published in advance?
    thanks

Change for the registration closure. Previous post corrected. Please spread the word.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭detones

Fixx B Open sold out already.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

detones wrote: »
    Fixx B Open sold out already.

Few B vet places left (ye young suckers ye)

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Change for the registration closure. Previous post corrected. Please spread the word.
    So registration for Sunday's Leinster Championships closes at noon tomorrow

Raam/crosswords - are there spaces remaining in all categories/races (in case anyone is dithering on whether to enter)?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Beasty wrote: »
    So registration for Sunday's Leinster Championships closes at noon tomorrow

Raam/crosswords - are there spaces remaining in all categories/races (in case anyone is dithering on whether to enter)?

I'm monitoring the entries. Just looked up my list and there is room in all cats.

Why? Did you get a CX bike?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Why? Did you get a CX bike?
    Not a cat in hell's chance, but given the advancement of the entry deadline by 24 hours, didn't want anyone to miss their chance, but equally didn't want to build anyone's hopes up if any of the cats/races were already fully subbed.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭scott.s

Tyre suggestions anyone?

Got a screw in the rear tyre on the commute home today :( Left a nasty hole so think I'll replace

Need it this week for the race on Sunday, so either chainreaction, somewhere else with next day delivery or a shop in Dublin.

Looking for clinchers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

RobFowl wrote: »
    Few B vet places left (ye young suckers ye)

Age has its advantages.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I've not seen them in person, but from this pic they look more like small drop-offs with quite a large gap from one to the next. Nothing wrong with drop-offs. I think the rule is more to do with a series of closely spaced steps
    :eek: That's myself in that pic! :)

There's loads of room around the large built up drain access at the top. We cleared a bit to the side of the middle one. The bottom one is fine - pretty sure you can go around it but can't recall now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭stecleary

:eek: That's myself in that pic! :)

There's loads of room around the large built up drain access at the top. We cleared a bit to the side of the middle one. The bottom one is fine - pretty sure you can go around it but can't recall now.

Oh you're going to kill me by the way, we cleared the wrong enterence

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭crosswords

There are NO Drop offs on the leinster course.

Seriously please stop freaking people out.

It's a cross race not a round of the enduro series.

Seriously please stop freaking people out. It's a cross race not a round of the enduro series.

People who've raced CX in the past need to remember courses like St. Anne's in Raheny which had a couple of actual drop off's....

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,151 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

To be fair, I think there's been one half serious post (by me) expressing :eek: Other than that there's no else 'freaking out'!

Ah come on, I'm sure we could work one in ;)

• Advertisement

Also, registration for Leinster Champs closes in less than 2 hours.
    http://swordscc.com/registration-2015-leinster-cx-champs/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement