Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lenny, Alek and Rob's cyclo crossbromance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Other than that there's no else 'freaking out'!

I was, but Tax Man calmed me down.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Is racing in St. Anne's not allowed anymore? Always liked the look of that course.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,851 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Is racing in St. Anne's not allowed anymore? Always liked the look of that course.

You mean in St. Anne's Dog Walker/pram pusher central? :eek: :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭stecleary

crosswords wrote: »
    There are NO Drop offs on the leinster course.

Seriously please stop freaking people out.

It's a cross race not a round of the enduro series.

To be fair I never mentioned drop offs, I described them as jumps :) either way I'm gonna die on Sunday, I'm in bits all week with a sore throat and haven't even looked at a bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Final entry in at 11.51. Some of you folk like to leave it close.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

You mean I missed the cut-off? Thought your website was working on Eastern Pacific Time:confused:

Dang it! Maybe next year .......

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭dooverylittle

Raam wrote: »
    Final entry in at 11.51. Some of you folk like to leave it close.

What are the numbers entered for each race like?

Will there be a list of registered riders published in advance?
    thanks
    What are the numbers entered for each race like?

Someone who controls the entries (not me) is currently doing a lot of background work so they may or may not have time to come back to these queries.

No problem, I was just chancing my arm!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Esroh

12308442_671961262907350_8730156587525286548_n.jpg?oh=8f0a2697969869f6caaa5253e0cdb655&oe=56DF2BAD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Mr. Grieves

There are 4 cyclocross races on this weekend, one in each province?! Cyclocross is gonna be bigger than road the way things are going!

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭12 element

Any advice on what to wear at my first Cyclocross race on Sunday? I'm afraid I'll over do it and be roasting once I get going!

I will wear summer bib shorts, thin baselayer and a jersey. Anything more for the race and I'm roasting.

(plus leg warmers and winter jacket to get there and during practice laps)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭nak

12 element wrote: »
    Any advice on what to wear at my first Cyclocross race on Sunday? I'm afraid I'll over do it and be roasting once I get going!

Skinsuit, summer baselayer, lightweight long finger gloves. I use embrocation instead of leg warmers during the race unless it's really cold. Cycling cap if it's raining. Plus stuff to warm up in that you can remove easily at the start line.

Most important thing - a good pair of socks ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭calistro

Just stick with the arm & leg warmers meself !

[IMG][/img]cyclo-cross_zpsmo66bzjt.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,851 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

nak wrote: »
    Most important thing - a good pair of socks ;)

I threw out my socks in the bin after Kilmuddery! :D

This is going to be a real belgian experience on Sunday.

370600.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭fat bloke

When is a bike not a bike?

I'm just wondering, if you could throw the absolute technical minimum amount of bike over your shoulder and just run the course altogether. Would you get away with a bare frame? :)

fat bloke wrote: »
    When is a bike not a bike?

I'm just wondering, if you could throw the absolute technical minimum amount of bike over your shoulder and just run the course altogether. Would you get away with a bare frame? :)

No!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Raam wrote: »
    No!

Oh kaaaay....

how bout i throw a front wheel on it... and maybe a saddle :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭EH

There are 4 cyclocross races on this weekend, one in each province?! Cyclocross is gonna be bigger than road the way things are going!

We're down to three - Ennis CX postponed due to weather alert, see here for details

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,949 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

fat bloke wrote: »
    Oh kaaaay....

how bout i throw a front wheel on it... and maybe a saddle :pac:

There are UCI technical specs or approved bikes. In non UCI competitions, it is at the race organisers discretion as far as I know or at the discretion of whatever banner it is run under be that CI or one of the groups under CI.

Basically no though, the organisers would tell you to take a hike or watch you fail miserably for the laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭lukegjpotter

I finally put together the Tymon Park report.

It's basically me auditioning for an extras role in the new Belgian Action Movie, "Sven Rambo: First Mud".
    http://www.lukegjpotter.com/2015/11/fixx-supercross-cup-2015-round-3-tymon.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Another great read Luke. I'm not looking forward to the bollocking I'm due for that finish line sprint in Bray.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭lukegjpotter

The next one will just be a few paragraphs wrapped around the report I submitted to the Orwell site. So just the one bollocking.
    I won't put my reoccurring nightmares of you passing me in the report.

For the Leinster champs tomorrow we will be accepting some entries on the day if anyone wishes to enter. Please have exact cash if you can. 20e.

Spot of mud on the course.

370750.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭midonogh

Nice vid from Myles McCory from the Nationals. Same course as tomorrows Leinsters. Its all getting very exciting

https://vimeo.com/116531881

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Please remember guys - we've told them we'll try to leave it as we find it.

:pac:

• Advertisement

Beasty wrote: »
    Please remember guys - we've told them we'll try to leave it as we find it.

:pac:

Any chance of the Park calling it off?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement