Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lenny, Alek and Rob's cyclo crossbromance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭midonogh

The course was brilliant, the organisation was brilliant and the organisers team spirit was really evident.

The course is a very challenging one, which I think puts some people off, keeping numbers a little lower then the day deserves.

BUT that does not mean the course should be dumbed down.
    The swords race is a great part of the cx calendar.

Well done to everyone who helped out over the past weeks and today.

Thank you.

Great feedback and much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭stecleary

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

And Rob Fowl managed to bag no. 410! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭scott.s

Great course today. Very demanding but fun overall. Had one little off on the grassy downhill but just got back up and kept running.

I know it's only out of 36 riders but I'm chuffed with my 20th place :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭midonogh

Brilliant Alek.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Hmmzis wrote: »
    On the second to last lap made a total balls of the steep descent coming out of the woods, some trees got in my way, one of them moved away the other one wasn't so kind. Ribcage 0 : 1 Tree. Landed on my back in some thorny stuff, marshal came to assist, nothing seemed to be broken so carried on.

The body feels in bits now. Happy!

It was a good fall, seemed to take a few seconds watching, so I'd imagine ages actually happening to you.
    You were a while checking nothing had broken, I didn't think you would be able to continue the race. Well done.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Hmmzis wrote: »
    I think I was one of only a few riders in the B race having someone in the pits. The body feels in bits now. Happy!

A race next time !!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,851 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

RobFowl wrote: »
    A race next time !!

Ha! My thoughts exactly, if you have a pit/spare bike and mechanic then you should have raced in the A/Championship race....! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭stecleary

I guess these cuts and bruises are all part of the game? Christ I'm sore today

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,151 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

I am in pieces. Someone in work just asked me how long the race was. "Er, 10km or so, but...!"

No bruises or soreness, fell only once... I guess I wasn't trying hard enough yesterday :p

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭SuperSean

Raam wrote: »
    They were designed to not be rideable.

And yet I still tried, you'd think i'd learn after falling there every lap :pac:

On the plus my derailleur didn't break in this race.
    But on the other hand my derailleur didn't break so I had no excuse to back out! :D

What a tough course but had a brilliant day!

My brakes actually stopped working on the last lap there so much crap clogged up which made the descents "interesting".

Thanks to Swords CC for putting on a great race.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    Ha! My thoughts exactly, if you have a pit/spare bike and mechanic then you should have raced in the A/Championship race....! :pac:

I was the mech for the A race and it was the same spare bike. We just pooled resources and did what we could so all who wanted to race got to race.

The pits were a race of sorts in their own right. The spare we had was quite heavy and it was clogging up very fast (half a lap and it was 2kg heavier from all the mud) so when Mr Grieves came in to change his main bike we had like 5min to clean his main bike so that he didn't have to do another half lap with a clogged up bike. It was actually quite enjoyable in the pits, some good advice from the other teams and the odd helping hand when they saw us struggling there. The bike changes done by the semi-pros were a class act, so smooth and looked almost effortless. The WORC guys were a good lot to learn from. One guy dedicated for the power washer and two guys doing the mechs with an extra guy for bike swaps. I think their riders were swapping bikes every lap.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭lukegjpotter

My Killruddery report, Probably the least offensive one...
    http://www.lukegjpotter.com/2015/11/dccx-kalas-superleague-2015-round-2.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭ht9zni1gs28crp

My first CX race ever....In with the B lot

holy crap....

I wouldn't quit, nearly killed myself in process.

What a brilliant course and great set up by Swords. Big Kudos to your club.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭comete

miller_63 wrote: »
    My first CX race ever....In with the B lot

holy crap....

I wouldn't quit, nearly killed myself in process.

What a brilliant course and great set up by Swords. Big Kudos to your club.

Was that yourself I was chatting to after the race? Tall chap in navan gear?

comete wrote: »
    Was that yourself I was chatting to after the race? Tall chap in navan gear?

Ya that's me...You were UCD or Orwell?

Ya that's me...You were UCD or Orwell?

Think we passed each other out on and off? I was on the green genesis in ThinkBike kit.

• Advertisement

colm18 wrote: »
    Think we passed each other out on and off? I was on the green genesis in ThinkBike kit.

:D was it yourself wishing out loud you wanted your bike to break :D

:D was it yourself wishing out loud you wanted your bike to break :D

Haha yeah, that was a lowpoint :D

colm18 wrote: »
    Haha yeah, that was a lowpoint :D

Does that mean you had a highpoint :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Peterx

Johnny McCabe's video of SVets lap 1 for those not on Stalkbuke
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gwf2ZaR_T24

Thanks to all at Swords for a brilliant race, great fun albeit in a slightly twisted world where the definition of fun includes off cambery mud running :)

It was obvious a lot of people had put a lot of work into the event so thanks.

I had a solid race. I started well but was still off the back of the first pod and cursing my lack of 30 second power ( I have about 17 seconds of power ). Aaron, John, Colm and other other lad opened a gap on the tarmac that left me in that horrible position of chasing into the windiness. The first corner carnage as they all tried to take the same line and bounced off one another left me catch up some bike lengths and then some mud clog and over optimistic cornering/sliding out found me in third and feeling groovy.
    Swords CX is relentless though, as is mud, and sure enough more talented men relegated me back down from the dizzy heights of medalling as I started making the mistakes that cost only a few seconds cumulatively cost about 2 minutes over the course of an hour.
    As a brucie bonus I had even had a spare bike and a man to man it so thanks for Kevin. My bike changing was hilariously amateur though, I ended up just throwing the muddy bike at ground on the later changes.
    I was definitely getting tired though on the last two laps, Gerry McCabe came through me and I happily convinced myself he was a super vet and thus didn't count. Madness really, I just didn't have the legs to go with him - and he isn't a supervet :)
    River bike wash, post race analysis (coulda woulda shoulda)Sambos, curry, cake, the start of the A race and then off home. Deadly

post race analysis (coulda woulda shoulda)

Haha, love this one :)

Pit areas require heavy duty wetgear:

2a80r5h.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭daragh_

Well done all and thanks for the videos. (especially Karl C for winning the B Race - GO STCC!!!) Glad I skipped that one - looks like a tough course. Those off-camber corners look evil

(especially Karl C for winning the B Race sandbagging - GO STCC!!!)

:P

Alek wrote: »
    :P

Ah now, his laptime was only 29 seconds off the Elite race winner! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭comete

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    Ah now, his laptime was only 29 seconds off the Elite race winner! :pac:

Bear in mind the course wasn't quite as cut up for the B race as it was in the A race, not a fair comparison, but I agree, Karl is now an A.

The 2nd place rider should also be in A, but he was on a mtb.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement