Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lenny, Alek and Rob's cyclo crossbromance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Fact or a wish?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

I was wishing for a beer hand up section.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Peterx

All these races are deadly. We are really spoilt in good oul dublin for races at the moment. If I wasn't such a stingy bastiche I could even burn diesel and race up north/west/south sometimes.

CX is great. I love the fact that if you drop a chain into the spokes you lose about 10 places, it's competitive all the way through the field.

Speaking of competitive I see Roger Aiken is timing his run nicely!

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Mr. Grieves

Alek wrote: »
    Fact or a wish?

Not a serious guess, just wondering what would be a first for Irish cyclocross. Although St Anne's did have a flyover of sorts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭easygoing39

Is it a river crossing?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

We need to find an industrial snow/foam machine! Bagsie being the one firing it at everyone.....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,850 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

No youth races tomorrow at the Fixx:

Important notice: due to the conditions on site we will NOT be running youth races tomorrow. The ladies race will be the first race at 11. It's going to be pretty wet.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭dermabrasion

Dipping my toe into the Cx mud for the 1st time tomorrow. My cross cherry. Things I can do: 1. Show up. 2. Appropriate attire & equipment, 3. Bike handle....Things I can't do: 1. run. 2. Run and get on. 3.Get off and run. Oh, and fitness sucks...and I'm too fat...and old..
    So, ..emm...I'll get me coat..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭daragh_

Dipping my toe into the Cx mud for the 1st time tomorrow. My cross cherry. Things I can do: 1. Show up. 2. Appropriate attire & equipment, 3. Bike handle....Things I can't do: 1. run. 2. Run and get on. 3.Get off and run. Oh, and fitness sucks...and I'm too fat...and old..
    So, ..emm...I'll get me coat..

It will be more than your toe ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭stecleary

Things I can't do: 2. Run and get on. 3.Get off and run.

Thats the easiest part of CX :eek:

dont look at the bike, just look where you want to go, gravity will do the rest

daragh_ wrote: »
    It will be more than your toe ;-)

Cx slut

Cx slut

Durty ;-)

Can anyone show me on the map where is tomorrows race exactly? Couldn't find it on FIXX FB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭inc21

Alek wrote: »
    Can anyone show me on the map where is tomorrows race exactly? Couldn't find it on FIXX FB.

https://fixxcx.wordpress.com/race-4/

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Idunnowho

<snip>

No race entries here. Start a thread in Cycling Adverts if you wish to sell one

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

That were right good fun

Just a tad muddy mind ...

RobFowl wrote: »
    That were right good fun

Just a tad muddy mind ...

Just a wee bit.

The flyover was fantastic. Well done Fixx.

That was awesome. Did only 2 / 7 laps. Had a noble mechanical: ripped off rear mech.
    X is very good fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Made it home...just. Cleaned bike and found I've a seriously bent hanger.
    First DNF for me,although with the form I had today,I was more than happy to pull up early.
    Well done to all the Fixx/worc crew for today and the series. Flyover was a brilliant addition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭scott.s

Nightmare for me. Unseated on first lap over the small bumps, got the saddle up the backside. Then slipped out and crashed on the left turn onto the football pitches. Continued on until the end of the 2nd lap and then pulled out.

Very tough course, so much mud. The flyover was awesome though!

Flyover was a brilliant addition.

One rider held onto his bike just barely coming down the flyover, the red arrow got him! :D

2ds4y20.png

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Craig06

I crashed on the way down the ramp. Messed it up completely, took out the support pole at the bottom and have bruised my ribs. But sure what else would you be doing on a Sunday.

If you thought it was muddy today.....

fvve3d.jpg

rjqj3r.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Pablo Rubio

First DNF for me as well. Ripped of rear derailleur half way through the race. Great course and the flyover was an interesting feature. Only just made it outta the car park as well after the race. My power washer then blew up at home when I was cleaning the bike. One of those days. Well done to organisers and helpers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭JK.BMC

Spent longer washing than cycling today! But that was worth it; did the Bs and I think it was Alek and Rob Fowl I met at the end, all looking chuffed; carrying a half ton of mud sure does slow ya down though and I was in slow motion for the last 2 laps.
    But I was happy with it, especially as I twice went up the ramp in practice like a reluctant bullock going to market, legs and wheels everywhere, but flew it in the race each time.
    Quite a nice atmosphere today; and Sean beating Rob in the main event got people fairly excited.
    An almost totally flat piece of land produced one of the hardest events I have done. A bit like the road, you don't always need hills to have good racing

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭lukegjpotter

Just one more after today, the cleaning is killing me. I spent an hour on the floor just demoralised.
    I'm defo buying one of them sprayers next year. Do they have a shoe heater, for after washing your shoes in the sink?

Who's going to kick off the "X is a sandbagger, his times were within 1.0825% of Y" debate this week? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭eoin88

That was awesome. Did only 2 / 7 laps. Had a noble mechanical: ripped off rear mech.
    X is very good fun.

At least you got two laps of racing done! Mine snagged on my warm up lap, I managed to straighten it out but it was shagged and I was left with only two ratios, 36-28 and 46-28, for the A race! And then of course the hangar snapped clean off just after the wooded section on the 2nd lap. Raging! It was a really fun course, disgusted I couldn't give it a proper blast. At least I got to watch a great race unfold, delighted to see some young blood on the podium too!

Who's going to kick off the "X is a sandbagger, his times were within 1.0825% of Y" debate this week? :P

Some people just wanted to get home a little earlier! :pac: :D

• Advertisement

Great race! Very hard on the body and equipment alike.

I dropped the chain from a narrow/wide chainring like 10 times today - mud buildup was lifting it off the teeth... I gave up and ran the last 1/4th of the 7th lap. Overall, I should have been running much more, rather than spinning wheels in the mud like crazy on some sections.

Then came "biologicals" - I started getting cramps in the left calf, and the strongest one came when I stalled on the very top of the flyover, successfully preventing me from jumping on the bike again... spent there like 30s, massaging the leg and saying sorry to lads that I've been blocking, before I could continue :/

Every muddy race convinces me I'm way better on drier courses - from top 10 in Grangecastle and near-top 10 in Glencullen to 23rd today.

Also, I will definitely stop and clean the drivetrain off mud more often in the next race like this - I felt like flying the when I finally done it... well, for 3 minutes maybe, but it felt good :d

For some reason the human atmosphere today was very opposite to the weather - thanks for the nice chat, all the boardsies and non-boardsies I've met!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement