Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lenny, Alek and Rob's cyclo crossbromance

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

27th for me, well happy with that

Not so happy with this though

12376493_10153282359168317_541811755943847193_n.jpg?oh=2620983ab609c49e9696c0a4ee1bd1d5&oe=56D87070

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

That was a long race in the Bs. Just over an hour for me. Had a nice battle for the top 10 until the last lap when the rear derailer decided lock up on the way up the flyover and then I crashed going down the flyover. Was nice soft mud, felt almost pleasant sliding along to the other side of the track fence while somehow avoiding the fence itself. Ended up 14th, two places better than usual, not unhappy about it as it was lots of fun but could have been better with a bike change or quick powerwasher clean for the last two laps.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,850 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Yeap, the race claimed a lot of mechanicals yesterday, Shimano will be doing a great trade in rear mech's today!

I think anyone in the main race who didn't have a 2nd bike and pit mechanic really suffered yesterday, the bike changes were almost every lap I think..

Performance of the day had to go to Beth McCluskey who I'm sure could have been top 10 at least in the Elite race, and of course O'Tuathail to take a rare Seymour scalp...

A great event though, the flyover was deadly, you'd normally only see that on the Pro-circuit... And the Fixx coffee was amazing, couldn't sleep last night with all that caffeine in me! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Peterx

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    Yeap, the race claimed a lot of mechanicals yesterday, Shimano will be doing a great trade in rear mech's today!

Do Shimano sell wee mobile petrol power washers as well? They could be a spike in sales of those. The WORC/Expert pit crew set-up was so good. That power washer really is the job, and of course the men running it.

The mud really was muddy. I had to run to the pits to change bike after my chain locked up on lap one down by the pylon and the lap times weren't really any different to the later laps as the mud got cloggier on the bike.

The commentary was really good, nice to hear the race going on as you struggle away out in the mud. The coffees afterwards are a very nice touch.

Super event/series, thanks to all who organised.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Two rear mech hangers and a rear mech ordered. Hopefully they don't get delayed in the Christmas postal madness.
    Thanks to Robfowl for the water and brush yesterday, think it made the difference between riding and walking home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭SuperSean

What a brilliant race yesterday!

Feel like I'm finally kinda getting the hang of this. Delighted I made it to the end :D
    I was expecting it to be only ~45mins race so I had a panic attack at the start when he said 7 laps haha

The flyover was class, had to walk it the first time because it was packed but managed to get up and over the rest of the laps.

Started the practice lap with waaaay to much psi in the tyres but after I let it down and I was actually able to cycle on the mud!
    I defo messed up in the Leinster CX by having to high psi, the difference is insane.

Looking forward to next week!!

Also I noticed alot of people with the small hand pressure pumps, anyone know where you could pick up a cheap one ? I see a few on Amazon/Ebay for cheap but looking to see if anyone can recommend one?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,656 ✭✭✭Enduro

Hmmzis wrote: »
    That was a long race in the Bs. Just over an hour for me. Had a nice battle for the top 10 until the last lap when the rear derailer decided lock up on the way up the flyover and then I crashed going down the flyover. Was nice soft mud, felt almost pleasant sliding along to the other side of the track fence while somehow avoiding the fence itself. Ended up 14th, two places better than usual, not unhappy about it as it was lots of fun but could have been better with a bike change or quick powerwasher clean for the last two laps.

I must have passed you just before the finish :) Passed 2 riders near the end to finish 12th!

Good fun out there. Great racing as usual (although it took me about 2 or 3 laps to get my head properly into to it).

SuperSean wrote: »
    Also I noticed alot of people with the small hand pressure pumps, anyone know where you could pick up a cheap one ? I see a few on Amazon/Ebay for cheap but looking to see if anyone can recommend one?

You can pick one up in your local hardware store for around €20/30, good for getting the really wet mud off your frame and maybe off the other parts of the bike, though you really need a powered one with a bit more pressure to really get the mud out of the drivetrain...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭daragh_

The pressure washer in the Garage next door was doing brisk business. That's the first time I've come home from a CX race with my bike clean. Extra Brownie Points from the wife :rolleyes:

BTW - white rims are a stupid thing to have on a cross bike

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭25sean

Punchestown next Sunday 20th. Last round of the Kalas Classic League!! come one, come all!!

Not this time unfortunately. Are there any DCCX races planned for Jan /Feb?

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭detones

25sean wrote: »
    Punchestown next Sunday 20th. Last round of the Kalas Classic League!! come one, come all!!

Does that route include the wall again? The course was Bone dry the last time. Will be a diffrent beast this weekend!!

I would be risking divorce.

Still, more time with the bikes..

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭detones

Does that route include the wall again? The course was Bone dry the last time. Will be a diffrent beast this weekend!!

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Mr. Grieves

Glenn Kinning gets a mention in the latest SVENNESS

http://www.cxhairs.com/2015/12/14/svenness-4-2/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭De Bhál

when's the next Fixx race? I believe there's one more yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭nak

De Bhál wrote: »

Nope, all done

De Bhál wrote: »

DCCX on Sunday, Punchestown, then the nationals, and we're done for the season...
    Unless someone fancies putting on a Ninja XMas hamper CX race in the Phoenix Park? ;)

Ninja XMas hamper CX race in the Phoenix Park?

Hmmmm... ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭inc21

few more at the start of the year in Munster

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭trinewbie

inc21 wrote: »
    few more at the start of the year in Munster

Any details on dates/ Venues?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Ninja race Phoenix park sounds good !!!

Don't go into the Phoenix Park with Alek unless you want parts of your bike to fall off.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,151 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

daragh_ wrote: »
    Don't go into the Phoenix Park with Alek unless you want parts of your bike to fall off.

This is true: https://www.strava.com/activities/389381764

Don't go out for a spin with Colm18 without a patch and a pump. Fact!

(I actually start to feel guilty... on Sunday I've asked Taxman if he thinks my hanger is straight... and guess what... he snapped his on 4th lap or so :eek:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Alek wrote: »
    (I actually start to feel guilty... on Sunday I've asked Taxman if he thinks my hanger is straight... and guess what... he snapped his on 4th lap or so :eek:)

Witchcraft!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,530 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

What will happen to the Fixx series next year if Fixx is still closed? I'm assuming they're the main sponsor, and help it in some way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭inc21

trinewbie wrote: »
    Any details on dates/ Venues?

Pi Cyclocross, Sunday 3rd of January Castletownroche (Blackwater Castle), Co. Cork (Mallow)

K-kross, Sunday Januart 17, Fossa "An Oige" Hostel, Killarney. Co. Kerry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Bikerbhoy

My albums from Sundays last Round of Fixx Supercross Cup at Kilternan

Great Fun altogether .

http://www.irishcyclesport.com/cross-section/fixx-supercrosss-2015-kilternan/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement