Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lenny, Alek and Rob's cyclo crossbromance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,850 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Bikerbhoy wrote: »
    My albums from Sundays last Round of Fixx Supercross Cup at Kilternan

Great Fun altogether .

http://www.irishcyclesport.com/cross-section/fixx-supercrosss-2015-kilternan/

Ya have to make the albums public on FB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Esroh

This is whats posted on Connacht Cyclocross League FB page

Next round of Connacht league at Westport House, hosted by Covey Westport CC on Dec 27th

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

The bike tv channel had cx in Vegas on... substantially different track to Rivervalley alright

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

The bike tv channel had cx in Vegas on... substantially different track to Rivervalley alright
    Exactly!! - bet they're jealous of the features of Fingal....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭easygoing39

That Vegas lot wouldnt even turn up to Rivervalley,way too wet and cold for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭nak

Maria Larkin from Ireland raced Crossvegas and got 2nd at River valley in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

IMG_20151218_173147.jpg

All the pieces of the jigsaw have arrived.Finally got the hanger. I've never been itching so much to getting my hands on a stupid lump of alloy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

I hope you've ordered two.

Now once I've said it, be careful.

:P

(BTW I've noticed that 8 and 9 speed specific rear mechs - like Sora 3500 - work better with mud when paired with a 10sp chain. Slightly more clearance I guess)

Alek wrote: »
    I hope you've ordered two.
    Now once I've said it, be careful.

:P

I sure did. It WILL happen again. Fitted hanger and mech. Left the thru axle out all week on a window sill, it didn't like that. Lock nut keeps jamming. Eventually got it free enough to secure the wheel in the frame. Sorted one problem then found another. BB cups are toast,cranks barely spin. Took the cups out and found the below mud jammed up into the BB housing from the exit hole for the internal cables. It's a well sealed bottom bracket but I reckon last weekend was the final straw for those seals.

IMG_20151218_202720.jpg

:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Great race today at Punchestown.
    Course was exposed in places and was quite windy.
    Some very nice obstacles and muddy sections.
    The "wall" was as pleasant as ever...
    Just saw results and managed 7th in the B race, my best result by a long. long way....

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭lukegjpotter

I got a Season Best 17th in the B Race. Small field, but I'm really happy. I felt really good and confident today.
    I kept talking loudly to myself and coaching myself through the sections, "Power, power, power", "Big ring through the mud", "Punch it up the climb, there's places to recover", "We're going to catch that a**hole coasting down the to the hurdle".
    My tubeless system was leaking air from both wheels and I finished with 10 and 12 psi in the tyres.
    The lad from iTap fairly turned it on on the last lap and a half.

http://www.elitetiming.co.uk/Results/Punchestown_CX_2015.pdf

Fair play to Sean and his team for a great series of races.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

i must get back to this CX lark. Went over on my ankle last week so it is buggered. No cycling or running:( Hope to make it back out for the nationals!!

Great results lads!!!! Lenny - you're alive?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

RobFowl wrote: »
    Great race today at Punchestown.
    Course was exposed in places and was quite windy.
    Some very nice obstacles and muddy sections.
    The "wall" was as pleasant as ever...
    Just saw results and managed 7th in the B race, my best result by a long. long way....

Well done.
    That looks as if you and the guy, who finished in 8th place, had a great tussle throughout the race.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

I got a Season Best 17th in the B Race. Small field, but I'm really happy. I felt really good and confident today.
    I kept talking loudly to myself and coaching myself through the sections, "Power, power, power", "Big ring through the mud", "Punch it up the climb, there's places to recover", "We're going to catch that a**hole coasting down the to the hurdle".

All I kept saying to myself was imagine Lenny is just behind ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭fat bloke

A little birdy told me there's a "cyclocross sportive" in the pipeline over the Christmas break.
    I've no details though. Has anyone else heard anything about it?

fat bloke wrote: »
    A little birdy told me there's a "cyclocross sportive" in the pipeline over the Christmas break.
    I've no details though. Has anyone else heard anything about it?

https://www.facebook.com/events/1000728743320782/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭ht9zni1gs28crp

Keep eyes peeled on the Calendar for January...we (Navan) hope to announce our first CX race mid Jan if all goes to plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Bikerbhoy

• Advertisement

Time to fake a sick day at work... ;) Anyone driving there from Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭detones

75k on mtb/cx tracks. Could take a fair bit if time to get around? Probably 4 or 5 hours. Hope to get a pass anyway ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭calistro

Just a bit more info on the Adventure X. This was the route last year and as you'll see we averaged about 20kmph. https://www.strava.com/activities/233405636

2 distances this year 50k & 75k, very informal spin, through bog roads, crappy lanes and in and out of forestry/bog lanes, all rideable bar a few mucky spots in the woods. The aim this year is to let off a few groups at a time so there's always a group coming behind to join in with and a support vehicle at the back for any mechanicals etc.

While I'm not involved with the actual running of the event and will be riding it, I am in contact with the organising club and can answer most questions if anyone wants more details.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭detones

No support or b race at Nationals :-( Think I'll be giving it a miss as I'd just be getting in the way of the fast guys.

detones wrote: »
    No support or b race at Nationals :-( Think I'll be giving it a miss as I'd just be getting in the way of the fast guys.

Give it a bash :)

I'll happily be getting in the way of the fast auld fellas....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

RobFowl wrote: »
    Give it a bash :)

I'll happily be getting in the way of the fast auld fellas....

I'll be sure to leave lots of room as I pass you.....

I hear you talking the talk, but not much walking the walk this year Lenny :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭DaithiMC

Q

UCI World Cup Round 5 from Zolder is live on Eurosport @1.55

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭fat bloke

UCI World Cup Round 5 from Zolder is live on Eurosport @1.55

Just watching it now. They're all on cantilevers! And there was me thinking my bike was old hat.

Why, so, because? Based on bike showrooms I thought discs were the norm now. Are they still in the maybe pile, as with road racing?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement