Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lenny, Alek and Rob's cyclo crossbromance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Mr. Grieves

miller_63 wrote: »
    Always someone complaining that is now becoming abundantly clear!

Laps are estimated and based on current timings from a trial event run. If the course hardens up further then an extra lap will be added per category at our discretion.

No one will be complaining when receiving a prize though, and Planet X have just weighed in with a hefty cash purse!

I really don't want to complain to anyone going to the trouble of putting on a race! It's more a matter of marketing your race in order to attract as many riders as possible. Interest tends to fall off after the nationals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭inc21

in some cases you can see race that has no set laps. You get 1h + 1 lap. If you are not going well enough and get lapped by the front, your race is going to be shorter (finish on the same lap as the leader). By this time tho most people are glad that they just have been passed because it is nearly end of their suffering.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,850 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭okane1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭detones

Thanks to Navan road club for a brilliantly run event today. My strongest race to date. Really enjoyed the course.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

detones wrote: »
    Thanks to Navan road club for a brilliantly run event today. My strongest race to date. Really enjoyed the course.

+1 Super event on a challenging course.
    Well run and nice atmosphere.
    VCB done well ...
    Fell a few times and caught and passed 100m from the line but happy with 6th :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Bikerbhoy

Is that it for the Cross Season now are there any more events ?

Just been informed one in Cork next weekend De Ronde Cross East Cork Adventure Centre Next Sunday 24th January

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Must agree with the others, very well run event. Great course with a bit of everything thrown in. Great result RobFowl, tried to catch detones on the home stretch but the legs had nothing left.

@Bikerbhoy (never mind you found out)

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭calistro

Well done Navan RC on your 1st CX race. Good tough course, punctured on 2nd lap just after the pits so had to run a full lap, so will know it inside out for next year!!....curry was class also !!

Fair play to Planet X for the sponsorship also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭dvntie

Bikerbhoy wrote: »
    Is that it for the Cross Season now are there any more events ?

Just been informed one in Cork next weekend De Ronde Cross East Cork Adventure Centre Next Sunday 24th January

Yep entry is here
    https://a1registration.net/event/de-ronde-cross

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭ht9zni1gs28crp

RobFowl wrote: »
    +1 Super event on a challenging course.
    Well run and nice atmosphere.
    VCB done well ...
    Fell a few times and caught and passed 100m from the line but happy with 6th :)

With 100m to go was it a crowd pleasing shoulder or pure friendly? :-)

Thanks to all that travelled yesterday, we are just getting back to normal after what was a hectic couple of weeks. So time to reflect!

Our first CX race in the park here in Navan went down well with the locals, lots of positives from the public and some just couldn't believe what the Riders went through, and couldn't believe the sport! With our Town Mayor on hand who supported us right from the start this was the major blessing we needed.

Overall its good to see your thoughts on the whole event, our initial timings weren't a million miles out either.

Our local camera club was on hand yesterday and some of the pictures have just landed and they I have to say they are brilliant so keep an eye out on the FB page later today.

Thanks again...

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭25sean

Thanks to Navan for putting on a great event yesterday, course had it all, run ups, boards, fast sections, mud, off-camber, commentary, hot food, the lot.. a definite for the calendar next year.

great having a race or two after the Nationals as well.. long term plan would be to have racing until end of January/ beginning of February like all other 'developed countries'!

More of the same!!

25sean wrote: »
    great having a race or two after the Nationals as well.. long term plan would be to have racing until end of January/ beginning of February like all other 'developed countries'!

With the massive rise in the popularity of CX in the last year, I'm sure a lot more cycling clubs will get involved in running events, as Navan RC have done..

And, if anyone wants to have there say and get involved in the overall organisation, then the Cycling Ireland offroad agm is this Saturday coming: http://www.offroadcyclingireland.ie/wordpress/2015/12/14/cycling-ireland-off-road-commission-agm-23-jan-2016/

Just to cap off on this race.

Results are here:

http://www.elitetiming.co.uk/Results/Navan_CX_2016.pdf

Pictures are all on our Facebook page, with thanks to our local camera club for their attendance.

https://www.facebook.com/NavanRoadClub/

We are aiming for a couple of main events for next winter but are currently toying with the idea of a midsummer evening CX race.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭easygoing39

I just noticed,M40's is mentioned on the poster,and its the only category that didnt get seperate results/medals.Was this an oversight,as in the 2 other Dublin based series it has its own results etc?

The only thing missing from the race in Navan was a certain Lennymc.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Im claiming it as a win ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

I feel unloved now.

• Advertisement

Alek wrote: »
    I feel unloved now.

Aww, but Lenny led us to believe he was going to show up. Sure you were having loads of fun up in the snow.:)

A yeah, I much prefer my lonely, cold spins in the middle of the night than any of this mass malarkey.

;)

A yeah, I much prefer my lonely, cold spins in the middle of the night than any of this mass malarkey.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭jinkypolly

Some fantastic pics from Sean Rowe at the DeRonde van Cork Cyclocross yesterday. Was a great day and a spectacular (tough) course.
    https://www.facebook.com/sean.rowe.545/media_set?set=a.10208986750170511.1073742328.1369415804&type=3

Good craic yesterday in Cork. Tough day with a lot of running. Crashed on the first lap after my front wheel disappeared down a huge hole hidden in the grass,which resulted in an impressive face plant into the ground. Spent a full lap after that struggling on the hills until I copped that I was in the big ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭calistro

Anyone tipping across for the World Championships ? I've a spare ticket for the Sunday Elite's & U23 after a lad dropped out.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭25sean

I wish.. Trying to find a bar in town to watch it in.. Would need to be steamed from YouTube etc.. Get a few of us together.. Any ideas?

Spent a full lap after that struggling on the hills until I copped that I was in the big ring.

That throws some light on your win yesterday! Well done :D

Spent a full lap after that struggling on the hills until I copped that I was in the big ring.

That throws some light on your win yesterday! Well done :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭daragh_

Good craic yesterday in Cork. Tough day with a lot of running. Crashed on the first lap after my front wheel disappeared down a huge hole hidden in the grass,which resulted in an impressive face plant into the ground. Spent a full lap after that struggling on the hills until I copped that I was in the big ring.

Just saw the results. Well done!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement