Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Motocross rack on ford focus

• 01-10-2015 3:57pm

A friend of mine just bought a YZ250f, he has no transport at the moment and was looking at these racks He drives a 1.4 ford focus and we're not sure the car will be able to manage with the bike on the rack.

Anybody have experience with these?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I don't think the Focus will take that weight.
    The nose weight of most cars is surprisingly low, A YZ250F is around 100kg or so plus the weight of the carrier.
    The legal max nose weight for the Focus is 75kg , those carriers are more for trials machines not MX bikes.
    I don't know what the insurance ramifications would be if anything happened. I'd be more inclined to get a small single trailer.

• Yeah we were think the same thing, would be handy though.

Would I larger car like say a 5 series BMW be able to handle it, insurance ramification aside, I have a transit connect at the moment and my YZ fits in grand, but I want to change the van and don't really want to use a trailer.

Edit

Just checked there and looks like the nose weight on a BMW is 90kg, the bike is 96kg...
    Wonder would that be double.

http://allmoto-online.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/650x/040ec09b1e35df139433887a97daa66f/c/a/car-bike-rack.jpg

Advertisement