Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying an iPhone 6s in NYC

2»

Comments

They either don't care or more often than not no one is even sitting there to stop people never mind being stopping them (though I have usually come through Shannon).

Brought back loads of stuff too, a few years ago we had two sets of golf clubs, a camera and a big industrial saw all the the same time on one flight (there was a few on us together to spread the baggage) :D. Two laptops and a bag full of clothes there the last time I was over about two years ago.

I wouldn't even think twice about a phone, there is no chance of being caught.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭siobhan08

eeloe wrote: »
    I've bought many a high priced item in the US, and i've never had an issue, noone ever batted an eye lid you'll be fine.

Just be aware, i bought an iPhone 6 Plus in the states last year, while apple warranty is worldwide, you won't be able to use AppleCare Plus in Ireland, you can still purchase it, but you won't be able to avail of the mail in service for the device, to get service(if you ever need it) you'll need to visit an AppleStore.

I asked about this in store and got in touch with Apple Ireland who both said the apple care would be find in Ireland. I contacted apple in Ireland via live chat so if I ever have any problems. I took a screen grab of the conversation where the apple guy said it would be fine

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

siobhan08 wrote: »
    I asked about this in store and got in touch with Apple Ireland who both said the apple care would be find in Ireland. I contacted apple in Ireland via live chat so if I ever have any problems. I took a screen grab of the conversation where the apple guy said it would be fine

You can purchase AppleCare, but you can't mail the device in for repair, or avail of the Advanced Replacement Service, He'll have to bring the device to belfast or another physical apple store for service.

I've just been dealing with this for the last week....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Just to add some first hand experience to this thread.
    My mam bought 2 iPhone 6's in NYC last December.

My dad dropped his this week and smashed the screen.
    On the phone to Apple and because the phone was bought in the USA, we cannot avail of the mail in service, express service, anything, even though we will be paying to fix the screen ourselves.

Only option was to go to an Apple Store (Belfast) to get it fixed in store.

So while its not the worse problem to face, you do not get the exact same service from apple with a USA phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 443 ✭✭siobhan08

kceire wrote: »
    Just to add some first hand experience to this thread.
    My mam bought 2 iPhone 6's in NYC last December.

My dad dropped his this week and smashed the screen.
    On the phone to Apple and because the phone was bought in the USA, we cannot avail of the mail in service, express service, anything, even though we will be paying to fix the screen ourselves.

Only option was to go to an Apple Store (Belfast) to get it fixed in store.

So while its not the worse problem to face, you do not get the exact same service from apple with a USA phone.

Bumping the thread to let people know this is no longer the case.
    I ending buying the phone in NYC and 2 weeks after i got hope I noticed a dead pixel and contacted apple and was able to available of the mail in service. So clearly something has changed between the 6 and 6s

• Advertisement
Advertisement