Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent a room scheme and house insurance

Options
  • 01-10-2015 7:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭

Im renting two rooms in my house under the rent a room scheme. I have house insurance from Aviva,who were by far the cheapest. Anyway just called them and they told me they will only cover me for renting one room under the scheme, not two.This means I will have to get a new insurance provider.

To save me the hassle of ringing all the insurance companies, can anyone tell me who will cover renting out two rooms? I feel this may cost me a small fortune :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 con12

Liberty Insurance give them a call

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

LG1234 wrote: »
    Im renting two rooms in my house under the rent a room scheme. I have house insurance from Aviva,who were by far the cheapest. Anyway just called them and they told me they will only cover me for renting one room under the scheme, not two.This means I will have to get a new insurance provider.

To save me the hassle of ringing all the insurance companies, can anyone tell me who will cover renting out two rooms? I feel this may cost me a small fortune :(

I know it's off topic but make sure you declare the income to revenue..even thoug I'm sure you're under the threshold of 12k

Advertisement