Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LC History Project 2016

• 01-10-2015 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

Hey,
    I'm still not sure on the project and what topic I want to do. Some say pick something I have an interest in or do a local history research. I looked into "what happened in Louth pre/post 1916" as I'm from there, but I'm finding it difficult to narrow it down to something particular and sources etc.
    I have a good interest in Aviation, I'm hoping a career down that route in the future but anyway, would anyone have any ideas on a topic to do with aviation, like would the Wright Brothers be something? Is it to broad? Any suggestions :) thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 280 ✭✭sm213

Seanmul89 wrote: »
    Hey,
    I'm still not sure on the project and what topic I want to do. Some say pick something I have an interest in or do a local history research. I looked into "what happened in Louth pre/post 1916" as I'm from there, but I'm finding it difficult to narrow it down to something particular and sources etc.
    I have a good interest in Aviation, I'm hoping a career down that route in the future but anyway, would anyone have any ideas on a topic to do with aviation, like would the Wright Brothers be something? Is it to broad? Any suggestions :) thanks.

Something like the impact of aircraft on war would be a really good topic. You could talk about evolution of aircraft. Mention wright brothers etc
    Lots of things you could talk about there and would allow for a good extended essay type answer.
    Are you doing hl or ol as big difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Seanmul89

sm213 wrote:
    ol

I know what you mean yes, that has me thinking now :), what about the title? The impact it had on warplanes, Luftwaffe, spitfires, all that could be mentioned right? Even a particular pilot maybe? Hopefully I can get something narrowed down. I'm doing higher level, for now anyway lol :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 280 ✭✭sm213

Seanmul89 wrote: »
    I know what you mean yes, that has me thinking now :), what about the title? The impact it had on warplanes, Luftwaffe, spitfires, all that could be mentioned right? Even a particular pilot maybe? Hopefully I can get something narrowed down. I'm doing higher level, for now anyway lol :)

Yes definitely I always found war to be a great topic. Roald Dahl was in the RAF :) I was going to do my project on him but there was not a lot of info apart from mentions of it.
    Spitfires played a major part in war.
    Aerial bombing also on both sides.
    I'm sure your teacher will be helpful.
    Just be mindful to have enough sources as you need a good few for hl.
    Best to stick at it as long as possible. I dropped on day of exam and ended up with an A1. I submitted a hl project which stood to me.

Advertisement