If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home cinema package

Options
  • 01-10-2015 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Guys,

Do you install home cinema packages - ie projector/screen/5.1 etc etc ? - I am based on Castlrea Roscommon

If you do I would like some quotes on a projector (brightish room - bright paint - evening viewing) - was thinking Benq 1070 ?

Would also prefer fixed screen - room is approx 5 metres long - so unsure of screen size required (bigger = better)

what ever 5.1 system you suggest

what ever AV receiver you suggest

I am price driven but am certainly willing to pay a little extra for more quality - hope you guys do install but if not thats OK and would appreciate your prices anyway.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭WAPAIC

skeating wrote: »
    Guys,

Do you install home cinema packages - ie projector/screen/5.1 etc etc ? - I am based on Castlrea Roscommon

If you do I would like some quotes on a projector (brightish room - bright paint - evening viewing) - was thinking Benq 1070 ?

Would also prefer fixed screen - room is approx 5 metres long - so unsure of screen size required (bigger = better)

I am price driven but am certainly willing to pay a little extra for more quality - hope you guys do install but if not thats OK and would appreciate your prices anyway.

Thanks in advance.
    Also interested in the answer to this. Although I was just intending to spend 4-600 on a projector so following this thread could be bought educational and expensive:) 

• Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

Guys,

Thanks in advance.
    Hi Skeating, thanks for the post and apologies for the delay in getting back to you. We would generally onlybe able to install within a certain distance of either our shop in belfast, or within the dublin area. I may be able to organise something but I'd need to come back to you.

With regards to the projector, the Benq 1070 is a fantastic little projector, and one we do a lot with, so I'd recommend it. One other worth looking at, if you're unable to get the room really dark, is the Optoma HD26 - http://www.richersounds.ie/p-200761-hd26.aspx - this model has a higher contrast ratio and brightness, but I think the Benq overall is a better projector.

For the fixed screen you'd be looking at around a 2.6m wide screen, which would need a throw distance of around 3-4 meters based on the Benq1070 - RRP on this one is £419

For the speaker pack, would you be looking for Floorstanding/bookshelf package or a sub/sat package?
    If sub/sat you would be well worth looking at the Monitor Audio Mass pack - http://www.richersounds.ie/p-200190-mass-51.aspx at £549/€849 - far and away one of the best sub/sat packages around 

Pair the speakers with something like the Onkyo TXSR444 - http://www.richersounds.ie/p-201456-txsr444.aspx at £349/€479  - a 7.1 channel, with 3d passthrough 

Have a look at the above, and if you like either give me a call on 0044333 900 0070 opt2, or drop me a PM with your contact number and I can have a chat with a few more options and a bundle/installed price

Cheers
    Brian

WAPAIC wrote: »
    Guys,

Thanks in advance.
    Also interested in the answer to this. Although I was just intending to spend 4-600 on a projector so following this thread could be bought educational and expensive:) 
    Hi Wapaic, many thanks for your post.

As above, although its slightly above your budget, I would definitely rate the Benq 1070
    If that is breaking budget a bot too much for you, have a look at the Optoma H181 - http://euro.richersounds.ie/p-201356-h181x.aspx at €489 - well worth a look depending on your throw distance

Cheers
    Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 36 skeating

Hi guys - it has been a while but I am almost ready to pull the trigger. I will go for the BENQ w1070 as it seems a good solid performer. Will probably DIY the screen TBH.

Struggling (budget wise) with the av and speakers - 

1) what is you opinion on the tannoy TFX speaker set ?

2) paired with the yahama rxv379 ??

or any other opinion you have with a budget of approx 600 EU for the AV/speaker ??

Thanks in advance and heres hoping to finally unknot me self and pull the trigger.
    yahama

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭WAPAIC

<Mod Snip

Please read Charter regarding posting links here - any queries send me a PM, do not post comments here. Thanks.
    >

• Advertisement

Hi guys - it has been a while but I am almost ready to pull the trigger. I will go for the BENQ w1070 as it seems a good solid performer. Will probably DIY the screen TBH.

or any other opinion you have with a budget of approx 600 EU for the AV/speaker ??

Thanks in advance and heres hoping to finally unknot me self and pull the trigger.
    yahama
    Hi Skeating, apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

The Tannoy package would work well with the RXV379, and would keep you just under budget.

The only other pack i would recommend with the 379 would be th e wharfedale DX1 pack -  which would be a very good upgrade, but would take you over budget - I could do that pack shipped to you with the 379 at €699

We have all of these in stock locally, so if you did want to order we could (just) get them to you before christmas :)

Have a look and let me know your thoughts

Regards

Brian

yahama
    Hi Skeating, apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

The Tannoy package would work well with the RXV379, and would keep you just under budget.

The only other pack i would recommend with the 379 would be th e wharfedale DX1 pack -  which would be a very good upgrade, but would take you over budget - I could do that pack shipped to you with the 379 at €699

We have all of these in stock locally, so if you did want to order we could (just) get them to you before christmas :)

Have a look and let me know your thoughts

Regards

Brian
    Brian - thanks for your reply.

what would you price be for a 

w1070
    rxv379
    tannoy tfx
    generic ceiling mount

Thanks in advance.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

yahama
    Hi Skeating.

The 1070 is a great little projector and by far one of our most popular.

The RXV379 paired with the TXF would be a fantastic setup.
    Both work very we with each other.

We have set this package up many times in our demo room for customers.

You could also look at the Onkyo 343 priced at £229.00 and pair it with the TXF, although i think the 379 would suit better.

I hope this is of help.

Any questions please let me know.

yahama
    Hi Skeating.

The 1070 is a great little projector and by far one of our most popular.

The RXV379 paired with the TXF would be a fantastic setup.
    Both work very we with each other.

We have set this package up many times in our demo room for customers.

You could also look at the Onkyo 343 priced at £229.00 and pair it with the TXF, although i think the 379 would suit better.

I hope this is of help.

Any questions please let me know.
    Thank you for that.

do you have any floor standing options in the same price range in 5.1 - was thing rear floor standers with smaller front (budget of approx 300) would appreciate your opinion of whether there are any options there for me ?

will do the rxv379 but trying to figure what speaker package to use (will not be able to mount the rears cleanly thus thinking floorstanding for rear)

Thanks again

Just ordered the rxv379 and tannoy TFX - yeehaa - thanks to John and Brian - excellent service and cant wait to get 'em

Best regards - Sean.

• Advertisement

Just ordered the rxv379 and tannoy TFX - yeehaa - thanks to John and Brian - excellent service and cant wait to get 'em

Best regards - Sean.
    Hi Skeating.

Hopefully by now you are up and running and enjoying your system :D

If you require anything else in future or have any questions please drop us a post.

hi Guys - finally got up and running this evening. Very happy with everything.

Is the cable between the sub woofer and the rxv379 supplied as part of what i purchased ? looks like the answer is no :) as i didnt get one.

What type of cable do I need ?

thanks in advance guys. 

Is the cable between the sub woofer and the rxv379 supplied as part of what i purchased ? looks like the answer is no :) as i didnt get one.

thanks in advance guys. 
    Hi Skeating.

Glad that you are up and running with the system!

The cable that runs between the sub and the amp is a single phono cable.
    There is not usually on supplied with either the amp or the subwoofer.

How long of a cable would you require?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,442 ✭✭✭JoeA3

thanks in advance guys. 

You need a phono / RCA cable, like this: http://www.richersounds.ie/p-10538-aud100-75m-sub-cable.aspx

Or if (like me) your cable needs to be long in order to route it around the room neatly, you can use regular coaxial cable and terminate each end with an F plug and a F-to-phono adapter. I did this in the last few days and it worked a treat. Just use decent satellite quality coax.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

@JoeA3,

I appreciate the intent to be helpful but please take note of the Charter, queries here are for Richersounds to answer.

Thanks,

Ritz.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.