Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blue box of lego

Options
  • 01-10-2015 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hi legofans, I am looking for one of the big blue boxes of Lego (with the base plates)that I think were released a few years ago. My son is only starting to get into Lego but keeps complaining that he can't build anything "cause it's stupid and has no big pieces for the walls" his words. I have had a look on eBay/Amazon but it's over 150 for a box! Anyone know where I can source a reasonabley priced box with instructions for the different bits that can be built.

Many thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Tigger1 wrote: »
    Hi legofans, I am looking for one of the big blue boxes of Lego (with the base plates)that I think were released a few years ago. My son is only starting to get into Lego but keeps complaining that he can't build anything "cause it's stupid and has no big pieces for the walls" his words. I have had a look on eBay/Amazon but it's over 150 for a box! Anyone know where I can source a reasonabley priced box with instructions for the different bits that can be built.

Many thanks

Its not blue but:

http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/toys/lego-bricks/c-827/lego-classic/p-10635/lego-classic-large-creative-brick-box-10698/

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Tigger1

Thanks, just have it in my head that the blue box in better. I have a three year old who likes to stand on anything box shaped and think the blue one might take a bit more.

And the blue box comes with the baseplate! Thanks for taking the time to look though. Really appreciate it.

• Moderators Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭Spocker

Yes, 5508 ideally

• Advertisement

I'm watching the ebay one, Will wait until the last few minutes before bidding!

Thanks for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

Spotted one for sale on the lego section on Adverts in recent days in Co.Carlow.
    Might also be worth posting a " wanted" ad in the lego section on Adverts.

Ha, great minds think alike, just posted up a wanted ad.

I have been watching adverts but didn't see the one in Carlow, can't find it now either.

Thanks

Ha, great minds think alike, just posted up a wanted ad.

I have been watching adverts but didn't see the one in Carlow, can't find it now either.

Thanks

Tigger Apologies, it was actually in " Carlonstown" Meath....I'm gonna blame the speed reading! :-)
    [URL=]http://www.adverts.ie/lego-building-toys/lego/8961661[/URL]

• Advertisement

Already bid on it, thanks!

It's just too far to travel and I also think it is overpriced. Thanks again

Oh I won the eBay auction so have the 5508 set, would like the other set too though! Wish users would reply when they have been online;)

I know it can be a pain when you know somebody has been online and hasn't checked in, although sometimes you may be logged in and not actually browsing the site. I made an offer three weeks ago on something, person has been online at least once and no reply to the ad....gggrrrr!!!!!

Good luck with the offer...I'm sure you'll be successful in getting it at some stage

I know, I know but I'm the type of person that wants it NOW!!

Want it for the event in December that nobody wants to talk about yet, so there really is no panic but I will feel 1000 times more relaxed when I know I have it sorted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

If you're not fussed on the blue box, I posted in BA a 1500 piece lego set from tescodirect + pm. It works out at about €50

Ah crap, knew something like this would happen! The pitfalls of being organised.

I am sorted now, thanks. Won the 5508 set on eBay for about €16 and just have to collect the 6167 set from adverts in the next few days.

Didn't do too badly on the price either but would have been nice to have all new.

Don't think my 6 year old will be even notice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Ah crap, knew something like this would happen! The pitfalls of being organised.

I am sorted now, thanks. Won the 5508 set on eBay for about €16 and just have to collect the 6167 set from adverts in the next few days.

Didn't do too badly on the price either but would have been nice to have all new.

Don't think my 6 year old will be even notice.

It was for your 6 year old ???? The horror of it :)

Still nothing stopping you buying the other one for later in the year ;)

Ah now there is organised and then there is ocd organised! His birthday is not till the summer. Have to say I am enjoying making the bits for the kids ( 2 younger than my son) now, was never into it before!

Advertisement