Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Back with my ex - partners while we were apart?

• 02-10-2015 8:37am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3

Hiya folks

Wondering if anyone has any similar stories or can relate to getting back with an ex (in my case after 10 months apart) knowing that they've been with other people and so have you.

From the get go since we got back together, I told her that I wouldn't ask her and didn't want to know and I'd appreciate if she would do likewise.

Obviously we've both had other partners in the meantime and are completely entitled to do so, but is it odd that I'm feeling a little bit upset, as she probably is?

What's the best way of putting these thoughts to one side and getting over them?

I want it to be said we're both ridiculously happy to be back together and I dont want something like this to come between us.

Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭CaraMay

So are you having those thoughts? If you are ridiculously happy then it shouldn't matter

Drenge wrote: »
    is it odd that I'm feeling a little bit upset, as she probably is?

It's understandable though you've no reason to think she's feeling the same way as you are.

But unless you can let it go and get over your upset, this is a lose-lose situation. You will either drive yourself crazy wondering about it or you will eventually push her into revealing the details and that's a slippery slope to the end.

Put it out of your mind and get on with enjoying your relationship. Something like this can only come between you if YOU let it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3 Drenge

That's very true - the pushing her into revealing the details bit, found myself thinking of doing it during the week

I'm gonna work on forgetting about it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 457 ✭✭Matteroffact

Just realize that no matter who she was with she prefers you !!

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭VisibleGorilla

In my experience if they are an issue then a person will never get over them and the relationship will not last.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

In my experience you acknowledge the fact and get on with it or it's not meant to be.
    speaking about it is fine once you don't go into territory likely to upset either you like numbers and names would probably be top of that list

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Closing this thread as the OP is banned.

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement