Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Title deeds timeframe

Options
  • 02-10-2015 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi Guys

I have my mortgage approved and waiting for the title deeds from the vendor's solicitor for the past 2 weeks. The vendor is a private seller and we have no contact from his solicitor so far.

Does anyone know how long does it take for the vendor to get the title deeds and send over to buyer's solicitor.

Thanks,
    John

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭Flatzie_poo

aj111 wrote: »
    Hi Guys

I have my mortgage approved and waiting for the title deeds from the vendor's solicitor for the past 2 weeks. The vendor is a private seller and we have no contact from his solicitor so far.

Does anyone know how long does it take for the vendor to get the title deeds and send over to buyer's solicitor.

Thanks,
    John

It's how long is a piece of string, each is different, but you'd hope 6-8 weeks to get it all done generally.

If you bought from an executor sale scenario or private sale, more than likely the above. If you bought from a receiver sale, they can drag out.

Worth bearing in mind, under the new Central Bank rules, your valuation is only valid for two months. If it takes longer, a new one may be needed for the bank. (€130 cost most EA's charge)

Best of luck.

Advertisement