Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hard water

Options
  • 02-10-2015 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,356 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone here in Drogheda who does / doesn't have a water softening system (Not sure if all of the town gets water from same source or not)?

Even though it's not as bad as it used to be, we still have hard water leaving stains all over the place, kettle needs descaling oten, calgon with every wash etc.

Just wondering if anyone anyone really here has looked into ppm readings and has any tips or pointers to share? If I had to get a water softner, I thinking of getting a decent brand one with metered valve, to save on running costs. Any local business recommendations?

Thanks a million!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭nc6000

I reckon Calgon with every wash costs about as much as replacing the machine every few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭mejulie805

We've been told by our landlord (Dublin road area) to always run cold water through the shower before powering off due to the hard water. Kettles don't get a lot of money spent on them as they never last, but the washing machine isn't too bad!

Advertisement