Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fear The Walking Dead | Season 1 | Episode 6 | The Good Man [AMC] [SPOILERS]

• 02-10-2015 12:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭

Fear The Walking Dead - Season 1

Finale - Episode 6 - "The Good Man"

Airdate - October 4th on AMC at 9/8c | October 5th on AMC UK at 2am (and again at 9pm)

Fear The Waking Dead will return in 2016 for Season 2 with 15 episodes
    As civil unrest grows, and the dead take over, Travis and Madison try to devise ways to protect their families.

How did you rate this episode? 59 votes

0%
    10%
    Tar.AldarionLone Stonerobby^5brianregan09pmasterson95clever user name 6 votes
    25%
    WashoutcrushproofAlso Starring LeVar BurtonDuckStabMartyMcFly84white applesPirateShampooriceromarvin80Alonso77dwdWhatsisnameDelira[Deleted User]Pete Moss 15 votes
    25%
    NUTZZfrashwillowthewispthegreengoblinSudden ValleyCramCyclePrincess Peachphobia2011SueBoomdpofloinnsabhailejabrodAvatar MIAWalter E GOThemFifaGoals 15 votes
    15%
    duridianDuffHank Scorpioterryduff12SavageHenrypc7suffering golferAlfred Borden[Deleted User] 9 votes
    11%
    geecee5starpoolGlenbhoyZero-Cooldr.kenneth noisewaterFlippyfloppyMac B 7 votes
    1%
    Teyla Emmagan 1 vote
    8%
    TerrorFirmercmac2009BillydocTompatrickFURET 5 votes
    1%
    stronglikebull 1 vote
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭clever user name

That was awesome, best one yet.

It was also a great idea to have it lead right up to the season premier of The Walking Dead. Don't have to wait months for my zombie fix :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

AMC geolocked the companion web episode on Youtube. This one is working though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I thought it was fantastic and really looking forward to the second season.
    Strand is so mysterious, think he will be a great character.

overall the first series was a solid 8 out of 10

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭terryduff12

How was there about 20 soldiers shooting at the fence and they didn't hit 1 zombie ridiculous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

That was a brilliant finale and first season, i think over all i have preferred it to the original series as the characters are far more grounded in reality then as appose to adapting comic characters to a believable tv adaption , the writing over all was great and had none of the dumb founding writing that you often had in twd, or KARRLlll type characters for ever wandering away un noticed by his annoying and badly acted mother, and i didnt once find myself going why the bleep did they they do that when they know this kinda deal as you often had in twd. I also like the dynamic of the people and its not solely based around one main protagonist like rick its more about the group as a whole as apposed to one person's view of whats going on around them with rick coming out of the hospital from a coma. Very pleased and glad to watch them all instead of spreading it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 ThemFifaGoals

Very impressive considering it was just half a season really..I think they got the pace just right. I think once something like a virus breaks out then it escalates very quickly, I taught they were going to actually show the cause of the virus though, maybe they will in time.

It's interesting that Strand has set his sights on getting to the safety of his boat..obviously they all won't just reach the boat & live happily ever after so I'm intrigued to see how that pans out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Great episode. Seriously don't like Strand though, he just seems so unbelievable just too calm and collected all the time. Like the writers are trying too hard to make him the cool character of the show. I got the feeling that the army would have probably had things under control but civilians all over the country were messing things up like what seems to have happened in L.A.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,484 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I can't believe how there isn't one mention so far of how much an evil ****er Salaazar is look what he caused just to cause a distraction for them to get in , Was sure the soldier was going to put a bullet in him

Nice to see Travis put on some big boy pants finally too, 1stly tearing the soldier a new one and then shooting his ex wife I thought if anyone wasn't going to make it out of this season it'd be him, I also agree with the person above who said strand is stupid , he is , He actually belongs in the other show he sticks out like a sore thumb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,916 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Didn't enjoy it at all, was hoping they'd all get killed off starting with the ma. Every single scene she had the same face that looked like she was told a joke she didn't get.

Just glad the real deal is back next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,009 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

are they going all go on boat, then flash forward to when they have to go ashore again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 ThemFifaGoals

I think Strand is a great character..everyone else is in a panic whereas he's just cool & relaxed..adds a bit of balance to the situation.

watching talking fear the walking dead

nick is stannis baratheon's son

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

I can't believe how there isn't one mention so far of how much an evil ****er Salaazar is look what he caused just to cause a distraction for them to get in , Was sure the soldier was going to put a bullet in him

The entire group were complicit in the act, f*cking over hundreds of people to save one, not exactly good guy material. I thought Shawn Hatosy would join the group but as It's not confirmed he's dead, he might become some governor type nemesis down the line perhaps?

Was it just me, or was that the sound of the bolt gun just after it cut away from the doctor sitting on the bed?

Any significance with the red algal bloom in the water in the tracking shot at the end?

In general, I like what I've seen so far, not a fan of Nick at all but looking forward to seeing what happens next.

Thought they would of been sound and closed the gate over for the rest of Madison's neighbours when they left the estate at the beggining of the episode. Families feasted on because of their negligence :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

They were leaving gates open on nearly everyone, the others at the compound too, how could you do that!

Wasn't sure how to feel about Salazar leading the Zees to the compound- firstly as if they'd all calmly be following him instead of ravenously trying to eat him.

Can kind of see why he did it though, because the army are ruthless & wouldn't have let them in. They also were planning on nuking everyone anyway the next day so causing the entire ruin of LA was possibly a little justified,

How bizarre watching ftwd with sun, sea & sand instead of the usual green grey palette we've become accustomed to on the WD. Makes s nice change.

Also, very interesting that they may be traveling by boat next season. It means they don't have to be tied to LA, they could end up anywhere & play out the story there. I initially hoped they would travel inland and maybe end up in Washington a year or so later , but there's still some scope to interlink down the line.

Things to watch out for on the sea : the navy & other mad pirate men on boats!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I enjoyed it, I like Strand, reckons he's so cool cause he's probably a sociopath. To be so rich and successful (and cold when he wouldn't kill the guard) you need a bit of that.
    For me improved from episode 4 on, felt the first 3 where very weak.
    If Strand doesn't give nick new clothes I don't think I'll be able to watch it, it's bugging the crap out of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭suffering golfer

What happened to Cobalt? Did it fail to happen? Strange nobody mentioned something like "oh my god, we gotta get out of LA as there is a bomb on the way" instead of just chilling out at the beach house?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

I want Strand to sing Barry white next season, he already has his voice. Also is Strand his nickname or real name??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

FFS, The Talking Dead was on after the episode, and the actor who plays Travis said that he made a deal with the Soldier before he let him go that he would come back and kill Salazar.

The reason he beat him up was because he

a. broke the deal and shot Ophelia
    b. to cover up the deal

It's annoying that the writers feel the need to not show those things on the show, but then reveal on the talk show afterwards.

Ridiculous, and pretty bad writing.

FFS, The Talking Dead was on after the episode, and the actor who plays Travis said that he made a deal with the Soldier before he let him go that he would come back and kill Salazar.

Seriously? That changes things....and tbh I find it unnecessary. I thought Travis just grew balls.....although I did wonder why he went so ballistic on the soldier.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

But why did he shoot the girl - I found that odd.

Hyzepher wrote: »

I thought he knew it would hurt Salazar more, if his daughter died. He probably was pretty angry with her too, as she brought him to her father in the first place.

Totally don't get why travis would want Salazar dead.

I found the set up with the zombies sneaking up on the base to be a bit like the silent buses and cars you get in movies and TV shows - you never hear them until the very last second.

When the camera panned back to show all the zombies, you could hear how loud they were. Are we expected to believe that soldiers on guard duty couldn't hear 2,000+ zombies until the last second?

It was good over all. Really hope they keep FTWD and TWD separate and the two groups don't bump into each other.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭clever user name

I can stand most of the characters/actors, but the mother is just a level above annoying. Her expression never changes, and the whole season I was just hoping she'd get eaten.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Hyzepher wrote: »

Maybe he felt she used him to get meds for the mother and then handed him to her father.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

I was somewhat underwhelmed, especially by the panorama scene as the camera moved out over the sea at the end. I was expecting that to be the moment that "Cobalt" reached ground zero over the city and that we'd be seeing a blast followed by a mushroom cloud, or at the very least that the army would napalm the city like they did Atlanta.
    It was only okay, but but was mired down by way too much stupid stuff IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Edit: nevermind...!

When the camera panned back to show all the zombies, you could hear how loud they were. Are we expected to believe that soldiers on guard duty couldn't hear 2,000+ zombies until the last second?

Why would the army situate their lookout for their top secret medical compound beside buildings that can obstruct their view of as many as 2000 people until they're mere metres away

b. to cover up the deal

It's annoying that the writers feel the need to not show those things on the show, but then reveal on the talk show afterwards.

i watched that and i missed the part about "a deal that he would come back and kill Salazar." Im rewatching it, what minute of the programme was that, was it in the extra web bit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭crushproof

Is it just me or when they were about todiscuss shooting yer one there were fighter jets flying in from out towards sea?!

For a moment I though that's what blondie and runaway mother were running to see, and then Mr Rich guy was whipping out the binoculars to show Nick downtown LA bursting into flames Cobalt style.

.....or else I just watched a crap version.

Otherwise brilliant ending, the show got better and better as it went on. Shame it's only 6 episodes. I think this episode really showed the unthinkable mayhem quickly creeping into their suburban lives - the lawlessness (the soldiers hijacking the cars), hopelessness (the doc and stun gun) and viciousness (a gentle father beating a guy to a pulp...with reason of course).

Interesting how the next season goes, I think we all know they won't get far on the boat (was it really necessary to use CGI for that, how hard is it to use a real boat these days?!). Probably get down the coast a bit and break down or something. Or it could be like other zombie fiction where they go fishing and hook a walker and bring them up onto the boat, causing mayhem!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

crushproof wrote: »
    Is it just me or when they were about todiscuss shooting yer one there were fighter jets flying in from out towards sea?!

For a moment I though that's what blondie and runaway mother were running to see, and then Mr Rich guy was whipping out the binoculars to show Nick downtown LA bursting into flames Cobalt style.

.....or else I just watched a crap version.

Otherwise brilliant ending, the show got better and better as it went on. Shame it's only 6 episodes. I think this episode really showed the unthinkable mayhem quickly creeping into their suburban lives - the lawlessness (the soldiers hijacking the cars), hopelessness (the doc and stun gun) and viciousness (a gentle father beating a guy to a pulp...with reason of course).

Interesting how the next season goes, I think we all know they won't get far on the boat (was it really necessary to use CGI for that, how hard is it to use a real boat these days?!). Probably get down the coast a bit and break down or something. Or it could be like other zombie fiction where they go fishing and hook a walker and bring them up onto the boat, causing mayhem!!

I'm hoping for zombie whales capsizing the boat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Calibos

Where is everyone getting the 'Nuke from Orbit, its the only way to be sure" idea about Cobalt?

"Cobalt is the command code to initiate evac from the LA basin.....Cobalt includes procedures for the humane termination of...."

Is it not more likely the humane termination procedures included in Cobalt refer to the cattle bolt guns shown in Salazars Wifes scene literally 30 seconds later where she is 'humanely terminated'.

ie. at zero 9 hundred the next morning the army were going to terminate the patients and prisoners that they weren't taking with them before they bugged out.

There is no mention of Nukes at all.

I'm still of the opinion that I'm watching a different show from some of you. I'm finding myself uttering FFS and WTF a lot more often in this show than TWD even including all the "WTF Coral, Stop running off..."

What about the neighbours?....Well they didn't stop all those soldiers armed with M60's taking my son. Fcuk em!
    Driving past the neighbour family and kids....Fcuk em!
    Will we close the gate behind us to stop the Z's getting into the neighbourhood?.....Fcuk em!
    What about all the innocents who will die because of the 2000 Z's we released?....Fcuk em!

I'm going to watch next season because I want to see these sociopathic fcukers get picked off one by one. Starting with the Mono expression mother.

Humanely killing everyone with a cattle gun would be too risky & time consuming, with a high chance of being overpowered. That's why people assume it would be a nuke from a remote location.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Who ever said that Travis made a deal with Andrew to kill Daniel is wrong and misinterpreting. Curtis meant that Andrew had promised to leave them alone. Thats why Travis let him go. Andrew then came back and threatened Daniel before shooting Ofelia. Thats the deal that was broken. Travis never ordered a hit on Daniel. Travis couldn't even shoot a walker the idea he could order a hit is baffling.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Pete Moss

Strand reminds me of the character from the 'Dawn Of The Dead' remake (Phil Dunphy from Modern Family plays him.) He's an arrogant, rich, sociopath who has a boat, which the survivors plan on using to escape the city/zombies. I like him though, I think he'll go on to be somewhat of a 'Darryl' of this group.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Pete Moss wrote: »
    Strand reminds me of the character from the 'Dawn Of The Dead' remake (Phil Dunphy from Modern Family plays him.) He's an arrogant, rich, sociopath who has a boat, which the survivors plan on using to escape the city/zombies. I like him though, I think he'll go on to be somewhat of a 'Darryl' of this group.

There's a real whiff of Magical Negro off him though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

Calibos wrote: »
    Where is everyone getting the 'Nuke from Orbit, its the only way to be sure" idea about Cobalt?

"Cobalt is the command code to initiate evac from the LA basin.....Cobalt includes procedures for the humane termination of...."

Is it not more likely the humane termination procedures included in Cobalt refer to the cattle bolt guns shown in Salazars Wifes scene literally 30 seconds later where she is 'humanely terminated'.

ie. at zero 9 hundred the next morning the army were going to terminate the patients and prisoners that they weren't taking with them before they bugged out.

There is no mention of Nukes at all.

I'm still of the opinion that I'm watching a different show from some of you. I'm finding myself uttering FFS and WTF a lot more often in this show than TWD even including all the "WTF Coral, Stop running off..."

What about the neighbours?....Well they didn't stop all those soldiers armed with M60's taking my son. Fcuk em!
    Driving past the neighbour family and kids....Fcuk em!
    Will we close the gate behind us to stop the Z's getting into the neighbourhood?.....Fcuk em!
    What about all the innocents who will die because of the 2000 Z's we released?....Fcuk em!

I'm going to watch next season because I want to see these sociopathic fcukers get picked off one by one. Starting with the Mono expression mother.

Have to agree with everything in this post, I have no issue with each and every one of them getting picked off,

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Lone Stone wrote: »
    I'm hoping for zombie whales capsizing the boat!

That'd be more of a Z Nation thing really!

I'm not a huge fan of what they've done so far with FTWD. I found myself hoping that several of the main characters would get killed off, while knowing that probably just 1 would (and was). At least the second season will be full length so will have a bit more time to work to create an engaging story.

Was there something to be seen in the ocean? I was expected to see the dark patches of thousands of Zombies walking along the ocean floor.

Was there something to be seen in the ocean? I was expected to see the dark patches of thousands of Zombies walking along the ocean floor.

I think that the plane from the web series crashed into the ocean. The character getting introduced from that into series 2 will be found floating in the sea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Keplar240B

RE FTWD S1

Hated it --< HATED IT

Failure to show how the collapse happened and got out of control --< there had to have been a second vector other than natural causes deaths people turning , A Super Flu or something

Failure to show media --< I know the show is centered on this group and we are only going to show what group sees with eyes but still not one media report.we live in an information age FFS.

The nine day timejump --< the entire premise of the show is to show what happened when Rick was in coma , thats how it was sold, that's what its said on the tin and what do they do? a nine day timejump over the most interesting part of whole ZA , i see why they did it, they only had 6 episodes in first season and wanted to advance story for a big battle in finale, but still non-forgivable

the cast the plot --< where to begin so much fail ...
    So the heroes just unleashed a zombie herd on a hospital after leaving the gate of their compound open . could go on.

they blew it, its just money making filler.

edit
    Scene where army is overrun very poor scene--< Assault rifle fire would cut down a herd like a scythe through corn each round would pass through four or five of them breaking bones spines skulls.
    Look at what Rick and Carl did in S4E5 internment with a rifle each to that herd , cut in down in seconds,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

The series was ok but I wouldn't bother watching it again like I have with TWD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Calibos

Kepler, Im not a defender of the show as my posts in these episode threads testifies but as to your first point about a Super Flu. They did in fact mention a super flu. The principle of the school in several scenes mentioned the school buses arriving in the mornings with less and less pupils as the days went on. ie. more and more pupils out sick from school.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Keplar240B

Calibos wrote: »
    Kepler, Im not a defender of the show as my posts in these episode threads testifies but as to your first point about a Super Flu. They did in fact mention a super flu. The principle of the school in several scenes mentioned the school buses arriving in the mornings with less and less pupils as the days went on. ie. more and more pupils out sick from school.

That's not made clear , the growing absences at school
    is it flu or is it a response to viral security incidents keeping kids home.

for example
    "Art notes that the video is what caused even fewer students to arrive for school this morning. In the video,"

http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Pilot_(Fear_The_Walking_Dead)

There no mention of a second vector at work killing people
    they did show a neighbour coughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭sabhail

Just watched the six episodes last few days, thought it def got better as it went on and from episode 4, I was really enjoying it.

Thought it was weird how their safe zone mirrored Alexandria in some ways... Safe only for as long as no one leaves gates ope.n... and that was weird, them leaving their neighbours to be invaded by infected... Didn't really seem believable at all.

Thought Salazar was interesting character , Travis must have been relieved Ofelia looks like surviving ,she possibly saved his life by not dying..

I quite liked Madison, thought she seemed v stressed out at start which was understandable even before outbreak, addict son, husband's son not liking her, whole blended family and work crap... And once thing started she was reasonably quick to do what had to be done is getting meds for son and being ready to kill infected neighbour.

Nick was good character apart from clothes...that was just stupid...

Was interesting how quickly army fell apart and also how quickly the residents in safe zone were turning against army...

In general, maybe its city living versus small town but I thought walking dead characters even season 1 were far far ahead in adapting to no power, etc...

Can't wit till next Monday!!

The only bad thing about this episode was the soldier randomly appearing and shooting the girl. It didn't really add anything nor make much sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

The only bad thing about this episode was the soldier randomly appearing and shooting the girl. It didn't really add anything nor make much sense.

Makes Travis realise he was incredibly naive to take Andrews word and set him loose. If he doesn't toughen up now people will die. He was lucky Ofelia survived his **** up. It also shows Andrew was a **** as he happily shot his gf just to make Daniel suffer.

Makes Travis realise he was incredibly naive to take Andrews word and set him loose. If he doesn't toughen up now people will die. He was lucky Ofelia survived his **** up. It also shows Andrew was a **** as he happily shot his gf just to make Daniel suffer.

Well he only knew her a week or two, it looks like she used him for meds for her mother then let her dad carve him up! She didn't even put out lol

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Greyjoy

b. to cover up the deal

Yeah that moment where Travis beats up Andrew the soldier made no sense to me at the time. I couldn't figure out why Travis just went beserk.
    But I also thought it made little sense as to why Andrew would deliberately shoot Ofelia. He seemed to genuinely care for her. It would have worked better if he tried to shoot Salazar but Ofelia pushes her dad out of the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭unreg999

Calibos wrote:
    What about the neighbours?....Well they didn't stop all those soldiers armed with M60's taking my son. Fcuk em! Driving past the neighbour family and kids....Fcuk em! Will we close the gate behind us to stop the Z's getting into the neighbourhood?.....Fcuk em! What about all the innocents who will die because of the 2000 Z's we released?....Fcuk em!

I think they're really trying to portray an 'every man for himself' attitude here which totally contradicts the feeling in TWD in some ways but in other ways it's the same & don't forget they are around 3 years (?) behind too.... So you'd think they wouldn't be at that cynical stage just yet... They still think everything's going to be OK eventually!!

All the things you mentioned left me with a bit of a sour taste in my mouth too... As well as the (hinted) sexual tension between step brother & sister....

Also I never really understood why the black guy in the suit saved Nick... I know he said it was cos he'd need someone with his abilities... But what abilities exactly?? It was obvious he was in major withdrawal and you'd think someone like that would be more of a hindrance than a help...?!!

Another thing that bugs me is that there is never any mention of extended family... Not even frustration about phone lines being down etc... Don't any of these people have parents, grandparents, brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, nieces, friends etc you get the picture!! And before anyone says it I know there's only a certain amount of time in a show but so much of that is wasted on ****e anyway!
    I find these characters a bit shallow and wooden... The acting isn't amazing either

Having said all that I'm still watching it & loving it lol

• Advertisement
Advertisement