Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Email from eir about email- please confirm its real

Options
  • 02-10-2015 1:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭

Hi I got the following email supposedly from you with a link. Is it a scam?

"This e-mail is the notification of recent innovations taken by My Eircom to detect inactive customers and non-functioning mailboxes.

The inactive customers are subject to restriction and removal in the next 1 month.

Please confirm your account information by clicking the link below:

https://my.eircom.net/eircom/transactional/login

This notification expires October. 03, 2015
    Thanks for using My Eircom "

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Samsung421

Hi. I got the same myself. I am wondering would Eir care to Air on this please. If a scam, please advise.
    If it is a real notification, well its an all time low.
    If real, that would be very petty. Hopefully not though.

Eir Mods. Can you advise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Samsung421 wrote: »
    Hi. I got the same myself. I am wondering would Eir care to Air on this please. If a scam, please advise.
    If it is a real notification, well its an all time low.
    If real, that would be very petty. Hopefully not though.

Eir Mods. Can you advise.

They answered someone else. Its a scam. Do not click the link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi All,

Yes it's not from eir and is classed as of spamful nature.

I'm sorry for missing this thread earlier.

Thanks
    Al

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,322 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Tatranska,

paste the entire source of the email. I suspect the real link in it is something very different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Spear wrote: »
    Tatranska,

paste the entire source of the email. I suspect the real link in it is something very different.

They normally are, hence I didn't click on it. :) Was on the phone at the time so couldnt see the url properties.
    I've deleted the emails at this stage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Joe prim

Just got an email from "Eir" telling me they're going about cancelling "unused" email accounts, and asking me for passwords, date of birth etc.Badly written and full of spelling mistakes, but ye might like to warn customers, as some people could fall for it email originating the message is ; eirmail@tachie.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

Joe prim wrote: »
    Just got an email from "Eir" telling me they're going about cancelling "unused" email accounts, and asking me for passwords, date of birth etc.Badly written and full of spelling mistakes, but ye might like to warn customers, as some people could fall for it email originating the message is ; eirmail@tachie.com
    Yes It's definitely not from eir Joe prim

Thanks for your feedback and advice.
    Al

Advertisement