Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heating contol analog to digital (with pics)

Options
  • 02-10-2015 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi, my Flash 31031 has flashed its last I think... Im thinking to upgrade to digital.

here is my current set up and here is the wiring diagrams for the Centar c17 Im thinking of buying.

So a simple straight swap
    L to L
    N to N
    Setup the link L to 2

But what do I do with 1? There is a simple on off switch beside my old broken timer that turns the whole system on and off.

TBH honest I just want to drop the wires straight across, I don't want to be tracing from pump to timer to switch. Cant afford a leccy/expensive timer and don't want to mess around.

any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭dolittle

it looks like connection 1 is doing nothing (unless its meant to be a aux connection for the neutrals
    link from L to 2 and then power out on connection 4 (your connection 1 on the old timer)
    but I have to say the standard of termination on the attached photo is very very poor

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭leprechaunxwwwx

Thanks dolittle,

Im no leccy, but it is a disgrace, the entire house was poor, cables through the middle of floor when they could have fed right beside the wall, etc etc, even left a message on the immersion switch "try not break this john".... hardly surprised. John and his mates were cowboys it appears.

so its

L to L
    N to N
    Setup the link L to 2
    1 to 4

Just to confirm, we have:

a separate plain old on/off switch,
    a thermostat in the hall,
    a pump
    this timer
    and a gas fire back boiler.

so its:

L to L
    N to N
    Setup the link L to 2
    1 to 4

Hi again.

I came across the c27 for cheaper, see attached, can someone please advise on this

HW and CH, but there is no "link".

I don't mind having the hot water and central heating all in one, as it was in the earlier picture, I can worry about that in summer, just need to get the heating back up :)

I do understand what L & N is and will replace them in their respective slot.

OK, did it myself with the c27

L & N in respective (as you would)

and put the old 1 into 3 on the centar. did not use link.

It works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭cerastes

I might have been misreading that and what youre saying, but having replaced my timer recently, I wouldn't have thought a link was necessary in your c27, the original 1 was the power out, two wires it looks like to go to a pump/boiler unit? Not an electrician either, but the wiring termination is poor, the neutral and live are/were nearly shorted out on each other and the insulation looks hacked at with a fair bit of exposed conductor, Maybe I'm misinterpreting what you were doing and it seems you are sorted anyway.

• Advertisement
Advertisement