Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone broken after screen replacement

Options
  • 02-10-2015 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

Hi all,

I have given my mobile phone in a mobile phone repair shop for screen replacement. They replaced screen and I have paid money but with in 2 minutes when I was checking the phone I noticed some other part of the phone was damaged while replacing the screen. I have asked them. They accepted it's their fault and said they would order replacement parts and fix it for free as it's their mistake.

It was good so far, but this was happened 6 weeks ago. They told me they get the part after 2 weeks and I went after 2 weeks. They didn't get part and said they are ordering from different supplier and asked for 2 weeks time. So I went again after 2 weeks. They were telling again same story and asked for another 2 weeks time. It's 6 weeks now, still they are saying same thing.

I lost the confidence in them now, I think they are just bluffing and they can't fix this phone. What should I do now ? I have their receipt with me. Do I have any rights? Where should I complain now?

Many Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Start getting quotes from other repair shops. If the repair is going to cost more than the cost of a Small Claims Court claim (€25) then it may be financially worthwhile considering the SCC route.

You are entitled to have the damage to your phone repaired and without significant delay and inconvenience.

Your first complaint should be made to the repair shop management. Do so in writing, stating how they accepted damaging your phone and promised to repair it for free when they receive parts in 2 weeks, that deadline has long since passed, that you've been in numerous times since after the 2 weeks and they have requested new deadlines each time and how this delay in unacceptable. Inform them if the cannot repair your phone to a standard satisfactory to yourself within 10 business days you will take them to the SCC.
    If the repair shop continues to fob you off you may also have the phone repaired elsewhere at your own expense and then take a SCC case to recover those costs from the repair shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭powerstar

Thanks for your reply. I have told him about SCC case on Satday and he fixed it yday. He said he managed to get the part from one other shop in Dublin.

It's sorted now.

Advertisement