Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone call issue

• 02-10-2015 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭

Hi, my mother and both have iPhone 5s with iOS 9.0.2 installed on them. When my uncle tried to ring my mother but the phone call went to my phone instead. My uncle doesn't even have my number and we've never used our phones to contact each other.

I checked to see if call forwarding is activated, but it isn't. Any idea what happened?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭Type 17

Did your uncle use her phone number, or was it an app-based voice call like Viber?

Did you give your old phone to your mum, or was it always hers?

Other than that, ????

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭Alexis Sanchez

Type 17 wrote: »
    Did your uncle use her phone number, or was it an app-based voice call like Viber?

He rang her number and it called me. It happened again today with my brother, my sister and my auntie, who were all trying to ring my mother but it went to my phone instead.
    Did you give your old phone to your mum, or was it always hers?

No, she got a new (refurbished by Apple) phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭Type 17

Strange - maybe try swapping SIMs with your mums phone and yours (subject to phones not being network-locked), to see if the calls for her follow your SIM into her phone or stay with yours.

The path the calls take could determine whether it is a mobile network issue, or an iPhone issue (most likely a network issue - PS: are your mum's and your numbers on the same account/network?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭jamesd

Settings, phones, calls on other devices and switch off

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭Alexis Sanchez

jamesd wrote: »
    Settings, phones, calls on other devices and switch off

Bingo! Thanks a million. It's been pissing me off since Wednesday ever since I upgraded the iOS.

My mother's iPhone has a habit of enabling features that she never touched or are not enabled on my phone.

• Advertisement
Advertisement