Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Record Fair Info - Throughout Ireland

Options
  • 02-10-2015 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

On this thread is a list of upcoming record fairs throughout Ireland both North and South. Apart from listing fairs, I am hoping people will add comments and photos of purchases and that type of thing. I am also going to give info out on organisers. Some are on line or have a facebook presence some are not. Many fairs will accept private sellers if you have reasonable size collection that you maybe want to get rid of. If you have trouble getting hold of the fair organiser please PM me

At record fairs you will find all kinds of items on LP, 7" CD and so on as well as books, memorabilia and other collectors items in all price ranges. At certain fairs you will find traders from all over Ireland as well as some from the UK. Most traders will also buy or exchange your unwanted music

Here are the fairs I know of between now and the end of the year. Three maybe a few additions yet to go. I will post early 2016 dates in December. You should note changes are possible, especially to opening times, so please see the most recent replies to this thread.

November 27th-29th - Dublin - Bloc B, Smithfield, D7. 10.00am to 7.00pm daily – times may change

November 28th - Belfast - Oh Yeah Music Centre, Gordon Street - 10.30 - 4.00pm (Belfast Record Fairs)

December 4th & 5th - Cork - Unitarian Church, Princes Street (lane opposite Cummins Sports) - 10.00 - 6.00pm daily (Soundzpromising)

December 5th – Omagh – Strule Arts Centre, Town Hall Square – 10.00am – 4.00pm – Free Entry (NI Record Fairs)

December 6th - Ennis, Co. Clare - Temple Gate Hotel, The Square - 11.00 - 5.00pm (Soundzpromising)

December 6th – Limerick – Milk Market, Mungret Street – 10.00 – 4.00pm – Free Entry

December 12th - Lurgan, Co. Armagh - Town Hall, Union Street - 10.30 - 4.00pm - Free Entry (NI Record Fairs)

December 19th – Dublin – Thomas House Pub, Thomas Street, D1 – 11.00 – 6.00pm – Free Entry (Irish Record Fairs)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Nice, i LOVE record fairs, used to go to loads and always headed for the guy with hundreds of bootlegs on tape.

Def gonna head to a few of these, could spend all day in there

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭sabrewulf

Welcome to the boards, and thank you so much for posting this! Very interesting. Love going to these. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,321 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Thanks a lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Rob from Bangor, County Down runs some great record fairs throughout Ireland, worth checking out, I think they are called Robbery Records or something like that.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭realcooltrader

Yes, I think I met him at Belfast the other week. Not sure he is organising at this time although he does plan to be at Limerick on October 26th

• Advertisement

If you have read on other sites that there is a fair in Letterkenny this coming Saturday 10th October it is canceled and has been switched to Derry, Millenium Forum

Irish Record fairs has announced that the next major Dublin record fair will change venues from Filmbase to Smithfield, Bloc B. Having seen the layout, looks a good venue and on one floor. This will be held November 27th-29th with times to be announced. Also for Dublin buyers you should note that 8th November\Sweeneys is canceled and a new venue to be confirmed.

Don't forget the fair on at The Seamus Ennis Arts Centre in The Naul, North co. Dublin this Sunday, 18th October. Apart from 1000's of LPs and CDs to suit all and....the venue does a fantastic breakfast!

Also expect confirmed venue and times for Clonakilty and Killarney, November in the next few days. Clonakilty is held at DeBarras bar which was Noel Redding of Jimi Hendrix Experience favourite haunt. If you haven't been there before they have tons of Hendrix related memorabilia a Hard Rock Cafe would kill for!

Don't forget the fair on at The Seamus Ennis Arts Centre in The Naul, North co. Dublin this Sunday, 18th October. Apart from 1000's of LPs and CDs to suit all....the venue does a fantastic breakfast!

Also expect confirmed venue and times for Clonakilty and Killarney, November in the next few days. Clonakilty is held at DeBarras bar which was Noel Redding of Jimi Hendrix Experience favourite haunt. If you haven't been there before they have tons of Hendrix related memorabilia a Hard Rock Cafe would kill for!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Really looking forward to Smithfield

• Advertisement

Talking of Smithfield, Irish Record Fairs are looking for bands, artists etc for the venue who can do acoustic sets and want the promotion. They are also doing an offer on table rates for private individuals who wish to sell their own collections. Search for them on line

Irish Record Fairs have announced a date and venue change for their fair in Cork next week. The October 24th date in The Print Shop is canceled. They will now hold a fair this coming Tuesday, October 20th in UCC Campus College Library from 11am until 4pm and it is Free Entry. All are welcome

Just to keep you updated. The November 8th Dublin date is now back at Sweeney's Mongrel Bar, Dame Street. Clonakilty is now confirmed at DeBarras Folk Club, Pearse Street for November 21st and Killarney is now confirmed for the Killarney Avenue Hotel on November 22nd. Both of these will have dealers both local and national. A new date for November has been added. This will be a ONE OFF day at Filmbase on Curved St, Temple Bar on November 14th. There are going to plenty of new dates for December announced in the next few days or so.

Don't forget there are a number of record fairs over this holiday weekend. From today, Friday thru Sunday in Cork at the Unitarian Church in Prince's Street. At the last minute, Irish Record Fairs have organised a pop fair as part of the Halloween Market in the Generator, Smithfield Square, Dublin on Sunday. And Munster's biggest record fair takes place this Monday in the Milk Market in Limerick.

You should also note Cork Print Shop is cancelled tomorrow, Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,590 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Just in case you are in Galway city, the Bell Book and Candle shop is worth a check near the Crane Bar, a great selection of second hand Cds and vinyls at fairly reasonable prices.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭The Dogs Bollix

Irish Record Fairs have announced a date and venue change for their fair in Cork next week. The October 24th date in The Print Shop is canceled. They will now hold a fair this coming Tuesday, October 20th in UCC Campus College Library from 11am until 4pm and it is Free Entry. All are welcome

I'm only reading this now. I've been hanging around the sex shop looking for this place.

Don't forget the Halloween Record Fair tomorrow, Saturday October 31st at the CIE Social Club, Liberty Square, Inchicore, Dublin 8, from 12.00pm to 6.00 pm and its FREE ENTRY!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭thevinylword

Yes, I think I met him at Belfast the other week. Not sure he is organising at this time although he does plan to be at Limerick on October 26th

Really enjoyed the Limerick one, picked up a few goodies and made a little mix of some of them - https://www.mixcloud.com/WobbieCostelloe/the-vinyl-word-episode-11-a-milk-market-mix-mang/

Is it back in the Market again on December 6th one of the traders was saying?

Fair play for posting all the dates, keep it up - as you said, there's not much info on Facebook etc.

Yes it is back in Limerick on the 6th. I will post to the main post the December dates I have on Monday - if I have them by then. Thanks for the compliment. I try post all the dates that I am aware of and changes and so on, so there is a list of them all in one place.

There are four record fairs in various parts of the country this weekend. Sorry just quickly copied from the first post! I didn't have time and the info to get the top post fully updated with all December dates this week. So enjoy!

November 7th - Dublin - Thomas House Pub, Thomas Street, D2, 12.00 - 6.00pm - Free Entry

November 7th - Kilkenny - Clubhouse Hotel, Patrick Street - 11.00am to 5pm

November 8th - Dublin - Sweeneys Mongrel Bar, Dame Street D1 - 2.00pm- 6pm - *** NOTE THE TIME CHANGE HERE ***

November 8th - Wicklow - Grand Hotel, Abbey Street - 11.00am to 5.00pm

• Advertisement

Sweeneys, Dublin CANCELLED today, 8th November. This is because of problems getting the stock in and out of this venue in the heavy rain. Please, if you know anyone going, let them know

Just a reminder on this weekend's fairs

Today, Friday 13th November - Clonmel, Coachman Pub

Tomorrow, Saturday 14th November - Dublin - Filmbase, Curved Street D1 -10.30 - 6.00pm - FREE ENTRY (This is one day only)
    Tomorrow, Saturday 14th November - Dungannon, Co Tyrone - Ranfurly Arts Centre - 10.30 to 4.00pm - FREE ENTRY

Late Entry! Also on Saturday - Bernard Shaw Music & Record Fair, Bernard Shaw Flea Market, 11-12 Richmond Street, Dublin 3 (Ballybough), from 12.00pm - I assume it is free entry

Sunday 14th November - Slane Co. Meath - Boyles Pub, Main Street - 12.00 - 6.00pm - FREE ENTRY

**** VERY IMPORTANT ****

Because of insurance reasons, tomorrows FILMBASE IS CANCELLED

Please note today's fair at Bernard Shaw is 11-12 SOUTH Richmond Street Dublin 2

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭park500

Didn't seem to be on.

It was on. What happened was f**books map put the wrong address detail up. I only found this late on. Sorry.

Quite a lot of record fairs throughout the country over the weekend, this weekend. One of the busiest of the year!!

November 20th - Waterford - Tower Hotel, The Mall - 10.00 to 5.00pm (Soundzpromising) ** Note earlier start time **

November 21st - Dun Laoghaire - Royal Marine Hotel, Marine Road - 10.00 to 5pm (Soundzpromising) * Note earlier start *

November 21st - Derry - Millenium Forum, Newmarket Street - 10.30 to 5.00pm - Free Entry (NI Record Fairs)

November 21st - Clonakilty - DeBarras, 55 Pearse Street - 11.00 to 4.30pm - Free Entry (Vinyl Uncorked) *Earlier Finish*

November 22nd - Wexford - Talbot Hotel, Quayside - 11.00 - 5.00pm (Soundzpromising)

November 22nd - Killarney - Killarney Avenue Hotel, Kenmare Place. - 11.00am to 5.00pm - Free Entry (Vinyl Uncorked)

Two major record fairs this weekend

On Saturday, 28th November, Belfast see the return of its fair to the Oh Yeah Music Centre on Gordon Street. It will run from around 10am to about 4pm. Good for bargains but be early if you want to get any.

Dublin 27th-29th November - 'The Biggest Record Fair in Ireland' takes place at Bloc B, Smithfield D7. There should be around 120 tables offering everything from bargains to high price collectables and covering all genres of music. There will be traders from all over Ireland as well as some from the UK. There might well be a number of private sellers, selling their own collections. I understand there might be some tables left which can be booked through Irish Record Fairs. Sunday sees an auction of mega rare product including an original Bowie Drag Sleeve, A limited\numbered Irish press U2\Out of Control 12" and more. There is a nominal fee in however there are free passes available online\FB etc. especially for the Sunday. Here are the confirmed opening times

Friday 12noon until 9pm
    Saturday 10.30am until 8pm
    Sunday 10.30 until 7pm

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭thevinylword

Enjoyed the De Barras one last weekend, nice to have a pint while diggin'!

• Advertisement

DeBarras fair will return in the spring...

Advertisement