Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Record Fair Info - Throughout Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭realcooltrader

There are some important changes to this weekends fairs. Cork, Unitarian will now only be Friday. Vinyl Uncorked has now organised a pop up fair at Cork Community Print Shop on Saturday. Simon from the UK might be at both. So here is the weekend as it stands!

Friday December 4th Cork - Unitarian Church, Princes Street (lane opposite Cummins Sports) - 10.00 - 6.00pm (Soundzpromising)

Saturday December 5th – Omagh – Strule Arts Centre, Town Hall Square – 10.00am – 4.00pm – Free Entry (NI Record Fairs)

Saturday December 5th - Cork - Community Print Shop, Oliver Plunkett Street (behind the bus station) 11am to 5pm - Free Entry (Vinyl Uncorked)

Sunday, December 6th - Ennis, Co. Clare - Temple Gate Hotel, The Square - 11.00 - 5.00pm (Soundzpromising)t

Sunday, December 6th – Limerick – Milk Market, Mungret Street – 10.00 – 4.00pm – Free Entry

There will also be a number of vinyl traders at the Market Hub/Christmas Bazaar, Smithfield Bloc B, Dublin 7, Friday, Saturday & Sunday

Fairs this weekend or where there will be a vinyl\CD presence

Tomorrow Saturday 12th December - Lurgan, Co. Armagh - Town Hall, Union Street from 10am to 4pm - FREE ENTRY
    Saturday - Dublin - Sweeney's Mongrel Bar, Dame Street D1 - 12-5.30pm FREE ENTRY

Sunday 13th December - Dublin, Smithfield D7 - Generator (Xmas Bazaar) 12pm - 7pm - FREE ENTRY

With just a couple of fairs left this year, here are the dates I know of for fairs up until the end of February next year

Friday, January 16th – Clonmel, Coachman Pub, Parnell Street 10am to 5pm (Sounzpromising)

Saturday January 17th – Kilkenny, Club House Hotel, Patrick Street, 10am to 5pm (Soundspromising)

Sunday January 18th – Wicklow, Grand Hotel, Abbey Street, 11am to 5pm (Soundzpromising)

Friday February 5th to Sunday 7th – Cork, Unitarian Church (laneway opposite Cumins Sports) 10am – 7pm Friday, 10am to 6pm Saturday, 12pm to 5pm Sunday (Soundzpromising)

Saturday February 6th – Coleraine, Town Hall, The Diamond – 10am to 4pm FREE ENTRY (NI Record Fairs)

Saturday February 13th – Derry, Millenium Forum – 10am to 4pm FREE ENTRY (NI Record Fairs)

Friday February 19th – Waterford, Tower Hotel, The Mall – 10am to 5pm (Soundzpromising)

Saturday February 20th – Lurgan, Town Hall, Union Street, 10am to 4pm FREE ENTRY

Saturday February 20th – Dun Laoghaire, Royal Marine Hotel – 10am to 5pm (Soundzpromising)

Sunday February 22nd – Wexford, Talbot Hotel, Quayside – 11am to 5pm (Soundzpromising)

Saturday February 27th – Belfast, Oh Yeah Music Centre, Gordon Street – 10am to 4pm (Belfast Record Fairs)

Times are subject to change and any changes I will post nearer the day of the event.

Irish Record fairs will also have dates with a Dublin\Thomas House due at the end of January

If you have arranged any fairs feel free to post on this thread or PM and I will add

Here are a few fairs over the next few days. These are the last this year I know of for 2015

Saturday December 19th - Dublin, Thomas House Pub, Thomas Street, D1 (opp. Vicar Street) 11am to 6pm FREE ENTRY

Saturday December 19th - Dublin, Dublin Rave Market, The Palace, 84-87, Lower Camden Street 12pm to 8pm

Tuesday 22nd & Wednesday 23rd December - Dublin, Rathmines Mart (Old Fire Station - beside the clock tower) - 10.30am to 7pm both days - FREE ENTRY

Thanks for following the thread this year and Merry Christmas - back for more punishment in 2016!

Happy New Year Music Buyers. I am back posting updates on this thread. This weekend there are three record fairs

Friday, January 16th – Clonmel, Coachman Pub, Parnell Street 10am to 5pm (Sounzpromising)

Saturday January 17th – Kilkenny, Club House Hotel, Patrick Street, 10am to 5pm (Soundspromising)

Sunday January 18th – Wicklow, Grand Hotel, Abbey Street, 11am to 5pm (Soundzpromising)

Here is a list of fairs I know of until the end of February

Saturday January 30th - Dublin - Thomas House Pub, Thomas Street, D1 (opposite Vicar Street) 11am to 6pm FREE ENTRY (Irish Record Fairs)

Friday February 5th to Sunday 7th – Cork, Unitarian Church (laneway opposite Cumins Sports) 10am – 7pm Friday, 10am to 6pm Saturday, 12pm to 5pm Sunday (Soundzpromising)

Saturday February 6th – Coleraine, Town Hall, The Diamond – 10am to 4pm FREE ENTRY (NI Record Fairs)

Saturday February 13th – Derry, Millenium Forum – 10am to 4pm FREE ENTRY (NI Record Fairs)

Saturday February 13th - Dublin - Sweeney's Mongrel Bar (Upstairs), Dame Street D1 - 1pm to 6pm FREE ENTRY (Irish Record Fairs)

Friday February 19th – Waterford, Tower Hotel, The Mall – 10am to 5pm (Soundzpromising)

Saturday February 20th – Lurgan, Town Hall, Union Street, 10am to 4pm FREE ENTRY

Saturday February 20th – Dun Laoghaire, Royal Marine Hotel – 10am to 5pm (Soundzpromising)

Saturday February 20th - Dublin - Rathmines Mart (Old Fire Station - beside the clock tower) 10.30am to 7pm FREE ENTRY (Irish Record Fairs)

Sunday February 21st – Wexford, Talbot Hotel, Quayside – 11am to 5pm (Soundzpromising)

Sunday February 21st - Cork City - Community Print Shop, Lower Oliver Plunkett Street (behind the Bus Station) 11am to 5pm - FREE ENTRY (Irish Record Fairs)

Saturday February 27th – Belfast, Oh Yeah Music Centre, Gordon Street – 10am to 4pm (Belfast Record Fairs)

• Advertisement

The record fair season really kicks back off this weekend and normal business resumes! Just one fair this weekend

Saturday January 30th - Dublin - Thomas House Pub, Thomas Street, D1 (opposite Vicar Street) 11am to 6pm FREE ENTRY (Irish Record Fairs)

Here is the rest of the fairs I know of until the end of February. I will add March's next week. You should note Rathmines on Feb 20th is canceled. New date added for Feb 14th.

Saturday February 13th - Dublin - Sweeney's Mongrel Bar (Upstairs), Dame Street D1 - 1pm to 6pm FREE ENTRY (Irish Record Fairs)

Sunday February 14th - Dublin - Generator Market (4 vinyl stands), Smithfield D7 (Smithfield Market Fairs)

Saturday February 20th – Lurgan, Town Hall, Union Street, 10am to 4pm FREE ENTRY (NI Record Fairs)

Sunday February 21st – Wexford, Talbot Hotel, Quayside – 11am to 5pm (Soundzpromising)

Sunday February 21st - Cork City - Community Print Shop, Lower Oliver Plunkett Street (behind the Bus Station) 11am to 5pm - FREE ENTRY (Irish Record Fairs)

The record fair season really kicks back off this weekend and normal business resumes! Just one fair this weekend

Here is the rest of the fairs I know of until the end of February. I will add March's next week. You should note Rathmines on Feb 20th is canceled. New date added for Feb 14th.

Sunday February 14th - Dublin - Generator Market (4 vinyl stands), Smithfield D7 (Smithfield Market Fairs)

Saturday February 20th – Lurgan, Town Hall, Union Street, 10am to 4pm FREE ENTRY (NI Record Fairs)

Two record fairs this weekend - at opposite ends of the country....

Here is the updated list now including march dates - highlights include the first 'biggie' of the year at Filmbase and the ever popular outing to Clonakilty

Saturday March 12th - Clonakilty, Co. Cork - Debarras, 55 Pearse Street - 11am to 5pm FREE ENTR (Vinyl Uncorked)

Saturday March 12th - Galway City - Imperial Hotel, Eyre Square - 11am to 5pm (Soundzpromising)

Sunday March 13th - Killarney, Co. Kerry - New Avenue Hotel, Kenmare Place - 11am to 5pm FREE ENTRY (Vinyl Uncorked)

Sunday March 13th - Ennis, Co. Clare - Temple Gate Hotel, The Square - 11am to 5pm (Soundzpromising)

Friday March 18th to Sunday March 20th - Dublin - Filmbase, Curved Street Dublin 1 - Times to be advised (Irish Record Fairs)

Saturday March 19th - Omagh, Co Tyrone - Strule Arts Centre, Townhall Sq. - 11am to 4pm - FREE ENTRY (NI Record Fairs)

Saturday March 26th - Dublin - Thomas House Pub, Thomas Street, D8 (opposite Vicar St.) - 11am to 6pm - FREE ENTRY (Irish Record Fairs)

Saturday March 26th - Portstewart, Co. Derry - Town Hall - 11am To 4pm - FREE ENTRY (NI Record fairs)

Whilst I try to keep this page as accurate as possible times are subject to change or cancellation and you should check with the event organiser if you are travelling distance. If I know of alterations on the day I post them here. PM If you can't find organiser details or if you have organised a fair yourself.

Two record fairs this weekend - at opposite ends of the country....

Here is the updated list now including march dates - highlights include the first 'biggie' of the year at Filmbase and the ever popular outing to Clonakilty

Saturday March 12th - Clonakilty, Co. Cork - Debarras, 55 Pearse Street - 11am to 5pm FREE ENTR (Vinyl Uncorked)

Saturday March 12th - Galway City - Imperial Hotel, Eyre Square - 11am to 5pm (Soundzpromising)

Sunday March 13th - Killarney, Co. Kerry - New Avenue Hotel, Kenmare Place - 11am to 5pm FREE ENTRY (Vinyl Uncorked)

Sunday March 13th - Ennis, Co. Clare - Temple Gate Hotel, The Square - 11am to 5pm (Soundzpromising)

Friday March 18th to Sunday March 20th - Dublin - Filmbase, Curved Street Dublin 1 - Times to be advised (Irish Record Fairs)

Saturday March 19th - Omagh, Co Tyrone - Strule Arts Centre, Townhall Sq. - 11am to 4pm - FREE ENTRY (NI Record Fairs)

Saturday March 26th - Dublin - Thomas House Pub, Thomas Street, D8 (opposite Vicar St.) - 11am to 6pm - FREE ENTRY (Irish Record Fairs)

Saturday March 26th - Portstewart, Co. Derry - Town Hall - 11am To 4pm - FREE ENTRY (NI Record fairs)

Whilst I try to keep this page as accurate as possible times are subject to change or cancellation and you should check with the event organiser if you are travelling distance. If I know of alterations on the day I post them here. PM If you can't find organiser details or if you have organised a fair yourself.

You have choice of two record fairs this weekend and there will also be a good vinyl presence at one other venue

Saturday February 13th – Derry, Millennium Forum, Newmarket Street – 10am to 4pm FREE ENTRY (NI Record Fairs)

Sunday February 14th - Dublin - Generator Market (4-5 vinyl stands), Smithfield D7 - 12pm -6pm (Smithfield Market Fairs)

A list of fairs until the end of march is in the previous post. If you have organised one not listed, please PM me and I will add

• Advertisement

You have choice of two record fairs this weekend and there will also be a good vinyl presence at one other venue

Saturday February 13th – Derry, Millennium Forum, Newmarket Street – 10am to 4pm FREE ENTRY (NI Record Fairs)

Sunday February 14th - Dublin - Generator Market (4-5 vinyl stands), Smithfield D7 - 12pm -6pm (Smithfield Market Fairs)

A list of fairs until the end of march is in the previous post. If you have organised one not listed, please PM me and I will add

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Cheers. How big is the fair in Sweeneys?

The Nal wrote: »
    Cheers. How big is the fair in Sweeneys?

There are usually 4 or 5 stalls. I am not there myself so not sure what traders will be there. I am lead to believe there might be some good discounts tomorrow. I saw some offers\discounts\deals on the organisers web page. Looks like if you are into buying some quality jap pressings, 7" and some cheapie LPs.. Ie rummage might be for you.

Here is a reminder of this weekend's fairs. Quite a good selection in various parts of the country beginning tomorrow, Friday in Waterford.

Next week I will add April dates that I am aware of. There will also be a couple of adds for late february\early March - Feb 29th - March 3rd - Limerick - LIT Music Week and March 5th - Dublin - George Bernard Shaw. Please remember to check with the event organiser or look for their online presence before travelling long distance.

*** Just a reminder too that Dublin\Rathmines Fire Station is cancelled on Saturday and a new date will be arranged in March or April ***

Here is an updated list of forthcoming fairs now including dates for April 2016.

Saturday February 27th – Greystones, Co. Wicklow – Hotspot Music Club, Beach House (1st Floor) – 1pm – 5pm FREE ENTRY (Jumble Rock\Hotspot)

Monday 29th February – Thursday 3rd March – Limerick – The Street, Limerick Institute of Technology (LIT) Music Week, Moylish Park – 9am to 4pm daily FREE ENTRY – public welcome - please note that the record fair is on these four days only (Limericks Record Fairs)

Saturday 5th March – Dublin – George Bernard Shaw (rear of) 11-12 South Richmond Street, Dublin 2 – FREE ENTRY 11am to 6pm (TBC) (Bernard Shaw Flea) – This fair is music only

Saturday March 12th - Clonakilty, Co. Cork - Debarras, 55 Pearse Street - 11am to 5pm FREE ENTRY (Vinyl Uncorked)

Friday March 18th to Sunday March 20th - Dublin - Filmbase, Curved Street Dublin 1 - Friday 5pm to 9pm, Saturday 10am to 7pm, Sunday 11am to 6pm (all times TBC - usually its that-ish!) (Irish Record Fairs)

Saturday 2nd April – Coleraine, Town Hall, The Diamond – 10am to 4pm FREE ENTRY (NI Record Fairs)

Friday 8th April – Fermoy, Co. Cork – Youth Centre, Ashe Quay – 11am to 5pm (Soundzpromising)

Saturday April 9th (TBC\95%) - Cork City - Community Print Shop, Lower Oliver Plunkett Street (behind the Bus Station) 11am to 5pm - FREE ENTRY (Irish Record Fairs)

Saturday 9th April – Tralee, Co. Kerry – Grand Hotel, Denny Street – 11am to 5pm (Soundzpromising)

Saturday 9th April – Dungannon, Co. Tyrone – Ranfurly House, 26 Market Square – 10am to 4pm FREE ENTRY (NI Record Fairs)

Sunday 10th April – Limerick – Milk Market, Mungret Street – 10am to 4pm FREE ENTRY (Limericks Record Fairs)

Saturday 16th April – Portadown, Co. Armagh – Town Hall, !5 Edward Street – 10am to 4pm FREE ENTRY (NI Record Fairs)

Sunday 17th April – The Naul, North, Co. Dublin – Seamus Ennis Arts Centre – 11am to 5pm FREE ENTRY (Irish Record Fairs)

Friday 22nd April – Clonmel, Co. Tipperary – Coachman Pub, Parnell Street – 11am to 5pm (Soundzpromising)

Saturday 23rd April – Kilkenny – Club House Hotel, Patrick Street – 11am to 5pm (Soundzpromising)

Sunday 24th April – Carlow – Sevenoaks Hotel, Athy Road – 11am to 4pm (Soundzpromising)

Sunday 24th April – Slane, Co. Meath – Boyles Of Slane (Pub), main Street – 11am to 5pm FREE ENTRY (Irish Record Fairs)

Just a quick update on the Dublin George Bernard Shaw this weekend. As a record fair it has been cancelled and the normal flea takes place. There will be some presence from vinyl traders although I am not sure who or how many

Just a reminder of this weekend's record fairs. I am lead to believe Clonakilty and Killarney will have more traders than usual including one from Berlin via Kilkenny!

Saturday March 12th - Clonakilty, Co. Cork - Debarras, 55 Pearse Street - 11am to 5pm FREE ENTRY (Vinyl Uncorked)

Early post this week. There are two record fairs this weekend - the big one at Filmbase and if you can't get that far Omagh! Please note these are the correct times for Filmbase. Entry to FIlmbase is Friday €3 which gets you free in any time over the weekend, Saturday €2 which gets you in Saturday & Sunday, Sunday is also €2 - however you can download a 'free pass' for Sunday from the organiser's web page. They are expecting 45-60 tables worth of product with traders from all over Ireland with some UK.

Friday March 18th to Sunday March 20th - Dublin - Filmbase, Curved Street Dublin 1 - Friday 3pm to 9pm, Saturday 10.30am to 7pm, Sunday 10.30am to 6pm (Irish Record Fairs)

Cheers.

Is that filmbase one the huge huge one like last year? Both upstairs and some downstairs?

Yes its gonna be upstairs and downstairs. I am informed that nearly all the trader tables are booked so could be busier than that

• Advertisement

Yes its gonna be upstairs and downstairs. I am informed that nearly all the trader tables are booked so could be busier than that

Great stuff cheers

Two fairs this weekend, both on Saturday.

Just one record fair this weekend

Saturday 2nd April – Coleraine, Town Hall, The Diamond – 10am to 4pm FREE ENTRY (NI Record Fairs)

If you are in Dublin I am lead to believe there will be a reasonable music trader presence at the George Bernard Shaw Pub flea market, Kelly's Corner\South Richmond Street, D2 on Saturday. Free in to that.

**** Important **** - please note that Dungannon on April 9th is cancelled as will future fairs there until a new venue is found

I will publish May dates over the next few days

Late entry! One I have just found out about this Saturday 2nd April

Portrush, Co. Derry. Vinyl & Craft fair at The Brew Note, 9-12 Causeway Street from 12pm and its free in.

***** IMPORTANT *****

Please note that the fair at the Print Shop in Cork has been cancelled this saturday

That leaves two fairs as follows this weekend

Saturday 9th April – Tralee, Co. Kerry – Grand Hotel, Denny Street – 11am to 5pm (Soundzpromising)

Sunday 10th April – Limerick – Milk Market, Mungret Street – 10am to 4pm FREE ENTRY (Limericks Record Fairs)

Here is an updated list of fairs i am aware of until the end of May. May sees a new venue and organiser in the shape of Tullamore on the 15th by Dark Moon Records. I am informed stalls for both traders and private sellers will be available for this and they are hoping for around 20 tables or so of product there. If you cannot find him via Social Media drop me a PM

As always, please contact the organiser if you intend travelling distance

Saturday 16th April – Portadown, Co. Armagh – Town Hall, !5 Edward Street – 10am to 4pm FREE ENTRY (NI Record Fairs)

Sunday 17th April – The Naul, North, Co. Dublin – Seamus Ennis Arts Centre – 11am to 5pm FREE ENTRY (Irish Record Fairs)

Friday 22nd April – Clonmel, Co. Tipperary – Coachman Pub, Parnell Street – 11am to 5pm (Soundzpromising)

Saturday 23rd April – Kilkenny – Club House Hotel, Patrick Street – 11am to 5pm (Soundzpromising)

Sunday 24th April – Carlow – Sevenoaks Hotel, Athy Road – 11am to 4pm (Soundzpromising)

Sunday 24th April – Slane, Co. Meath – Boyles Of Slane (Pub), main Street – 11am to 5pm FREE ENTRY (Irish Record Fairs)

Friday 6th – Sunday 8th May – Cork City – Unitarian Church, Princes Street (Laneway Opposite Cummins Sports) – Friday 10am to 7pm, Saturday 10am to 5pm, Sunday 11am to 5pm (Soundzpromising)

Saturday 7th May – Derry – Millennium Forum, Newmarket Street – 10am to 4pm – FREE ENTRY (NI Record Fairs)

Sunday 8th May – Dublin\Rathmines – Rathmines Mart (Old Fire Station beside the clock tower) – 11am to 6pm – FREE ENTRY (Irish Record Fairs)

Sunday May 15th – Tullamore, Co Offaly – Foresters, Church Street, 11am to 6pm – FREE ENTRY (Dark Moon Records)

Friday 27th May – Waterford – Tower Hotel, The Mall – 10am to 5pm (Soundzpromising)

Saturday 28th May – Lurgan, Co Armagh – Town Hall, Union Street – 10am to 4pm – FREE ENTRY (NI Record Fairs)

Saturday 28th May – Dublin – Thomas House Pub, Thomas Street, D8 – 11am to 6pm – FREE ENTRY (Irish Record Fairs)

Saturday 28th May – Dun Laoghaire Co. Dublin, Royal Marine Hotel, Marine Road – 10am to 5pm (Soundzpromising)

Sunday 29th May – Wexford Town – Talbot Hotel, Quayside – 11am to 5pm (Soundzpromisng)

Please note this weekend's record fair at the Naul, North County Dublin has been switched to Saturday from Sunday

Three record fairs this weekend. I am lead to believe that Portadown will have more traders than usual. Don't forget The Naul is SATURDAY and not Sunday. And finally a late entry - Ballydehob Record Day!

Saturday 16th April – The Naul, North, Co. Dublin – Seamus Ennis Arts Centre – 11am to 5pm FREE ENTRY (Irish Record Fairs)

Saturday 16th April - Ballydehob, Co Cork - Levi's Bar, Main Street - 12pm to 6pm - FREE ENTRY (Vinyl Uncorked)

Four record fairs over this weekend.

Sunday 24th April – Slane, Co. Meath – Boyles Of Slane (Pub), Main Street – 11am to 5pm FREE ENTRY (Irish Record Fairs)

One late entry for the end of next week

Thursday 28th April from about 9am - Pop-up Record fair at Limerick Institute of Technology (LIT), Moylish Park. It will be in 'The Street' in the area opposite the ATM. Its FREE ENTRY and all are welcome (Limerick's Record Fairs)

After a couple of weeks with no fairs, I am back this to remind you of this weekend's record fairs! Starting tomorrow with Cork's three day-er at the church, Derry Saturday and Rathmines Sunday. Please check with the organiser if you are travelling distance

Friday 6th – Sunday 8th May – Cork City – Unitarian Church, Princes Street (Laneway Opposite Cummins Sports) – Friday 10am to 7pm, Saturday 10am to 5pm, Sunday 11am to 5pm (Soundzpromising)

Saturday 7th May – Derry – Millennium Forum, Newmarket Street – 10am to 4pm – FREE ENTRY (NI Record Fairs)

Sunday 8th May – Dublin\Rathmines – Rathmines Mart (Old Fire Station beside the clock tower) – 11am to 6pm – FREE ENTRY (Irish Record Fairs)

• Advertisement

There is an upcoming record fair at The George Bernard Shaw on June 25th. They have asked me to pass on a message that they are looking for extra traders for this. They are not only looking for LP\CD traders but private sellers\people looking to sell collections as well as anyone that has music related product, merchandise etc. they might want to sell. PM me if you are interested and I will forward you contact detail

Advertisement