Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

adoption information search

Options
  • 02-10-2015 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

I was born in Belfast in 1965 and placed for adoption to st. Josephs on the Ravenhill rd Belfast where I was adopted in 1966. I have original birth cert and baptism cert with mothers name and also name of sponsor and my adoption papers.
    I never knew the circumstances and it it never really interested me but after watching the tv documentory states of fear made me think about these mother and baby homes and the fact that I was in one.I did some looking online about St. Josephs and found some very disturbing accounts of the children and the way they were punished for bedwetting etc and from some of the things former residents are saying I can relate to the same things they still suffer.
    I would like to find forum or community which relates to st Josephs.
    Also would like to fill in some missing pieces of my life such as the circumstances of my adoption,,was there any letters left,medical history etc,,also to find out a bit more about my birth mother and her family history etc. Not sure if I am ready to go the full way just yet though,the basic info might help me make up my mind.
    is there any way I can do this without making contact with my birth mother as I just want to lay some ground work before making any decisions.....many thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭FluffyAngel

Hi Bandit

i just caught your message and might not have all the info for you ..

the north of ireland have different laws relating to adoption than the republic ,if my memory serves me right ,you can acesses your file and info at 18..

be very careful of progams like states of fear etc they can take you down a path of pain and hurt and thinking that has destroyed people ...

Advertisement