Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LTE by Country - Stats Q3 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

Vodafones 4G Map is impressive and our average speed of 14MB seems low.

Having used 4G on Meteor three and Vodafone all were well above 30MBPS average.

Once Three and network roll out more, we should move up that map pretty drastically.

I mean look at Vodafones map. Near nationwide coverage within 2 years....

http://www.vodafone.ie/coverage/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

Yeah it's just waiting on Three to actually do it. Vodafone cover most the country so I don't see why we are so far down that list.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

jay93 wrote: »
    Yeah it's just waiting on Three to actually do it. Vodafone cover most the country so I don't see why we are so far down that list.

More than likely to do with the buyout of 02. Planning frequency allocations for areas etc

Three did not have access to the 800mhz spectrum at auction, however now have it as they acquired 02. So they probably were waiting around to get this before building out their network, otherwise they would have had to go around again.

From the looks of it now, they are speeding up the rollout nicely. Meteor seem to have stalled a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

Agree Meteor seem to have stopped for now it seems haven't seen much improvement to their 4G coverage maps. I'm on Vodafone and this past 2 weeks I've been getting 4G in areas that were only 3G before well impressed with how much 4G they have.

I was assuming the lack of the 800MHz band was what Three was waiting for before rolling 4G out more.

Advertisement