Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a house in Clongriffin

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

That sounds about right, but my developer contact at the time was spot on. We were looking at a property in Balgriffin and that was the correct info at the time. Marrsfield was heavily allocated to social housing as were parts of Belmayne. This was before most of the new developments in Clongriffin, so I have no idea about them. Looks ok though and would be an area I would be very interested in. I was just giving some info that I had, which is that Marrsfield and parts of Belmayne have a high social housing element. If you are buying a property in an area, this is what most people want to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Trinity3

Thanks for the information everybody,

I'm not originally from Dublin so I don't know the area very well. I have spent nearly 10 years saving everything I have to gather a house deposit, and I can finally afford to buy somewhere. This is why I am thinking very carefully about where to buy. I rent just outside Swords at the moment, I wouldnt buy here because I don't find the bus service great and would prefer to be by the dart.

I was looking at Beltree (one if the F types on Marsfield avenue). When I Google the area I saw some dangerous incidents on that road. The houses however are amazing and the developer seems to have put a lot of work into the Beltree estate. This is my dilemma.

Meanwhile there are new houses also being built in Portmarnok, they are a lot smaller and 100k more expensive than Belltree even though the location is only 5 minutes away. However, my friend is from the area and tells me it is very quiet, near some good schools and may be a better and quieter option for my children to grow up.

There are social housing allocations everywhere, in every new housing estate. I have no problem with this because a lot of people are genuine and fall upon hard times. However, I would be worried about an element of antisocial behavior/drugs etc belonging to an area from owners/renters or social housing.

I don't want to make an expensive mistake either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Buckfast W

bajer101 wrote: »
    That sounds about right, but my developer contact at the time was spot on. We were looking at a property in Balgriffin and that was the correct info at the time. Marrsfield was heavily allocated to social housing as were parts of Belmayne. This was before most of the new developments in Clongriffin, so I have no idea about them. Looks ok though and would be an area I would be very interested in. I was just giving some info that I had, which is that Marrsfield and parts of Belmayne have a high social housing element. If you are buying a property in an area, this is what most people want to know.

Agreed, I'm living in Belmayne at the moment and social housing was put into our block which has caused a bit of friction between residents due mainly to anti-social behaviour and lack of information from organisations such as Cluid.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭PedroDublin

Trinity3 wrote: »

I'm not originally from Dublin so I don't know the area very well. I have spent nearly 10 years saving everything I have to gather a house deposit, and I can finally afford to buy somewhere. This is why I am thinking very carefully about where to buy. I rent just outside Swords at the moment, I wouldnt buy here because I don't find the bus service great and would prefer to be by the dart.

I was looking at Beltree (one if the F types on Marsfield avenue). When I Google the area I saw some dangerous incidents on that road. The houses however are amazing and the developer seems to have put a lot of work into the Beltree estate. This is my dilemma.

Meanwhile there are new houses also being built in Portmarnok, they are a lot smaller and 100k more expensive than Belltree even though the location is only 5 minutes away. However, my friend is from the area and tells me it is very quiet, near some good schools and may be a better and quieter option for my children to grow up.

There are social housing allocations everywhere, in every new housing estate. I have no problem with this because a lot of people are genuine and fall upon hard times. However, I would be worried about an element of antisocial behavior/drugs etc belonging to an area from owners/renters or social housing.

Have you checked Parkside on the other side of father Collins park? Bit further from the dart but it will be only 15 min walking, two schools will be built this year and because it is not so close to the station is more quiet than Beltree. Belmayne right next to it but the social housing there doesn't seem to a problem at all. I ahvr been here for six months and I really like the area. Downside being the area after clarehall is not that nice

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭marvin42

Trinity3 wrote: »

When we bought our place I visited the house sever times day and night to get a feeling for the neighbourhood. Unless you feel during your visits uncomfortable, I would recommend living there, because it's a great location.

• Advertisement

marvin42 wrote: »
    When we bought our place I visited the house sever times day and night to get a feeling for the neighbourhood. Unless you feel during your visits uncomfortable, I would recommend living there, because it's a great location.

Thank you, that is a good idea! I've visited a few times and the area seems quiet with just the builders working away and young couples like me and my partner looking around at the showhouses. Maybe I need to go down at night and take time out of work to go down at different times. I have been doing research into the area also online. This is where I found the information on a couple of shootings with gabg members on Marsfield avenue and also by the Chinese restaurant in the area. I have two small children who love to play outside and go around on their scooters. I would not want them seeing or being injured in activity such as this.

Then maybe since the new development is being built, the police/security have clamped down on such activities so maybe they are a thing of th e past?

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭akesha

I have been living in Clongriffin over a year now, and I feel safe here. Never had a problem. There are some teenagers doing some vandalism in the train station and being noisy at night in the park over the weekends, but that´s all. At least, it is what I heard as I live in BeauPark area. I do some walks around Marsfield and Belltree every now and then to check the new houses, and it is always super quiet :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

neris wrote: »
    But thats not what the marketing guys want you to think...

I live in The Coast, and I find it so weird that the estate is across the road from my house and has a completly different name. It's not even advertised as Silverbanks at The Coast.

akesha wrote: »
    I have been living in Clongriffin over a year now, and I feel safe here. Never had a problem. There are some teenagers doing some vandalism in the train station and being noisy at night in the park over the weekends, but that´s all. At least, it is what I heard as I live in BeauPark area. I do some walks around Marsfield and Belltree every now and then to check the new houses, and it is always super quiet :)

Thanks akesha,

I see you had similar questions earlier in this thread but it looks like you have settled in well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 danilomp83

Hi all, I am looking to buy a house around the Beau Park area in Clongriffin and have read all the posts everyone made about the development plans, the Dart stations and the general vibe of the neighbourhood.

As the latest posts are almost 2 years old now, I've been wondering what are the current impressions and experiences about living in the Clongriffin area? Do you guys still like it? Are the teenagers around the Dart station still a problem? Do the Dart trains run well? (I actually took one up to Clongriffin the other day and it only stopped in Malahide).

Anything you might share could be extremely helpful. Thanks in advance!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭w/s/p/c/

danilomp83 wrote: »
    Hi all, I am looking to buy a house around the Beau Park area in Clongriffin and have read all the posts everyone made about the development plans, the Dart stations and the general vibe of the neighbourhood.

As the latest posts are almost 2 years old now, I've been wondering what are the current impressions and experiences about living in the Clongriffin area? Do you guys still like it? Are the teenagers around the Dart station still a problem? Do the Dart trains run well? (I actually took one up to Clongriffin the other day and it only stopped in Malahide).

Anything you might share could be extremely helpful. Thanks in advance!

Hi - there is a massive thread on the area over in the property forum, you might find some advice there.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=94710572

• Registered Users Posts: 2 danilomp83

w/s/p/c/ wrote: »
    Hi - there is a massive thread on the area over in the property forum, you might find some advice there.

Thanks a million!

Advertisement