Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus to Galway Hospitals?

Options
  • 02-10-2015 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭

I am trying to find out information about buses from Sligo to the Galway hospitals and am hoping someone might be able to help.

A family member is due to have a number of day appointments in three of the Galway hospitals, Bon Secures, Merlin Park and the Galway Clinic in the coming months and asked me to see if there was a regular privately run service specifically serving these hospitals. He took the Bus Eireann bus yesterday and found it very long and tiring as a result of all the intermediate stops.

I remember hearing the there was a bus to Galawy for cancer patients but is there a similar service for other patients?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Ham Sambo

Hi ya, The bus to UCHG in Galway which mainly carrys cancer patients is run by Fehillys in Sligo, I am not too sure about transport to the other hospitals you mention, you could phone them and see would they kno. best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭worlds goodest teecher

Ham Sambo wrote: »
    Hi ya, The bus to UCHG in Galway which mainly carrys cancer patients is run by Fehillys in Sligo, I am not too sure about transport to the other hospitals you mention, you could phone them and see would they kno. best of luck.
    Thanks for that, I well give Fehillys a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭J_R

Hi,

See Feda O Donnell Coaches

From Galway bus station a bus leaves every hour which passes both Bon Secours and Galway Clinic. (410)

Do not know what bus serves Merlin Park but if you give them a ring am sure they will give directions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭worlds goodest teecher

J_R wrote: »
    Hi,

See Feda O Donnell Coaches

From Galway bus station a bus leaves every hour which passes both Bon Secours and Galway Clinic. (410)

Do not know what bus serves Merlin Park but if you give them a ring am sure they will give directions
    Thanks for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭J_R

Hi,

and the Merlin Hospital is served by 402

See :- Galway City bus services
    route map and timetable links

• Advertisement
Advertisement