Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price of Airtightness Testing

Options
  • 02-10-2015 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭

Getting quotes of between 550 - 650 for a double test. One before closing up everything and one at the end.

What do people think of this? Sounds saucy to me for a couple of afternoon's work.

PM if you know a good guy who might be reasonable.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭893bet

Paying roughly the same 800 plus vat for two tests and septic tank certification.

Not sure how it's split but I am guessing 250 each test plus vat.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭lownhard

893bet wrote: »
    Paying roughly the same 800 plus vat for two tests and septic tank certification.

Not sure how it's split but I am guessing 250 each test plus vat.

cheers 893

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭MicktheMan

lownhard wrote: »
    Getting quotes of between 550 - 650 for a double test. One before closing up everything and one at the end.

What do people think of this? Sounds saucy to me for a couple of afternoon's work.

PM if you know a good guy who might be reasonable.

Thanks

This is very reasonable

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 144 ✭✭THE DON FANUCCI

has anybody heard of people getting a contractor to Airtight the new build? or is it all a diy jobbie and hope for the best

has anybody heard of people getting a contractor to Airtight the new build? or is it all a diy jobbie and hope for the best

Of course but he needs to know what he is doing to do it right.

If he is not doing it and you go diy they still need to understand the idea of the airtight layer and each subbie needs to know they can't punch holes in it as they please.

If going on contractor then build it into co tract that they have to meet a certain Airtightness level.

Regulation is 7. A child could get that. Realistically if they don't seem happy to be aiming at less than 2 then find a different Contractor.

• Advertisement

Guy quoting me 2,400eur for 2,300 sq ft house. All membranes, tapes, sealants, testing,and everyting else provided and fitted. Didn't say what level of airtightness but looks pretty serious about his business.

Is 2.4k very expensive?

Guy quoting me 2,400eur for 2,300 sq ft house. All membranes, tapes, sealants, testing,and everyting else provided and fitted. Didn't say what level of airtightness but looks pretty serious about his business.

Is 2.4k very expensive?

2.4k sounds cheap if the job is done right.

The fact that he didn't give a target rings alarm bells.

893bet wrote: »

Is 2.4k very expensive?

2.4k sounds cheap if the job is done right.

The fact that he didn't give a target rings alarm bells.
    Add your reply here.

Ah no by the sounds of it this is heading for at least a 2 level airtightness. I must ask him.
    Do you think that is reasonable price? The membrane for the attic ceiling and tapes/sealants etc must be costly material if I was to buy it anyway.

Advertisement