Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

xbox question

Options
  • 02-10-2015 9:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I want to make sure I don't cock up Santa's delivery..... has asked for an XBOX and the new Disney Infinity 3.0....so he can play star wars and inside out....

Is a basic 360 with 250 or 500 GB ok for this? Or do I need something else....specs are wasted on me....

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

zeffabelli wrote: »
    Hi,

I want to make sure I don't cock up Santa's delivery..... has asked for an XBOX and the new Disney Infinity 3.0....so he can play star wars and inside out....

Is a basic 360 with 250 or 500 GB ok for this? Or do I need something else....specs are wasted on me....

Yes, either of those will do absolutely fine. Main thing to avoid is the Xbox 360 with only 4GB, that's next to useless long term. If you are buying second hand, make sure it's a more recent model, earlier ones have a terrible reliability record. Newer ones are rock solid though.

If you've got more than one kid, you might need multiple controllers?

I'm not sure where the best deal to get one is now, perhaps ask in the bargain alerts thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭zeffabelli

CatInABox wrote: »
    Yes, either of those will do absolutely fine. Main thing to avoid is the Xbox 360 with only 4GB, that's next to useless long term. If you are buying second hand, make sure it's a more recent model, earlier ones have a terrible reliability record. Newer ones are rock solid though.

If you've got more than one kid, you might need multiple controllers?

I'm not sure where the best deal to get one is now, perhaps ask in the bargain alerts thread.

Theres a 500 gb on sale at carphone for 139 and a 250 gb for 129. hat is the best I have found so far. Does it make a difference if you play these games on xbox rather than pc....he seems pretty convinced there is.... Thanks for the feedback!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

zeffabelli wrote: »
    Theres a 500 gb on sale at carphone for 139 and a 250 gb for 129. hat is the best I have found so far. Does it make a difference if you play these games on xbox rather than pc....he seems pretty convinced there is.... Thanks for the feedback!

You mean these? Might as well spend the extra tenner and get a free game with a much larger harddrive.

Those will work perfectly.

As for the game itself, that seems to be a pretty deep rabbit hole, and one in which I have no real experience (yet, anyway). From what I gather, the PC version lags behind the console versions, i.e. 3.0 is out now on consoles, but only 2.0 is out on PC. The upside of going the PC route is that you can buy access to the digital characters at a fraction of the cost of the console toys.

Which raises another point that you might not have been aware of: in order to access more than a basic set of characters, you have to buy the associated toy in a toy shop or where-ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭zeffabelli

CatInABox wrote: »
    You mean these? Might as well spend the extra tenner and get a free game with a much larger harddrive.

Those will work perfectly.

As for the game itself, that seems to be a pretty deep rabbit hole, and one in which I have no real experience (yet, anyway). From what I gather, the PC version lags behind the console versions, i.e. 3.0 is out now on consoles, but only 2.0 is out on PC. The upside of going the PC route is that you can buy access to the digital characters at a fraction of the cost of the console toys.

Which raises another point that you might not have been aware of: in order to access more than a basic set of characters, you have to buy the associated toy in a toy shop or where-ever.

Yeah I had a feeling I was being lured into a bottomless pit.....his heart is pretty persistent about this one...Thank you so much for the info.... Very much appreciated.

Advertisement