Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Viking lawnmower mt 6112 zl

Options
  • 02-10-2015 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has any feedback on one of these?
    Came across a 2nd hand one with 40 hours work for €3k. Was told it was 5 new

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Needles73

Sounds like possibly a good buy. I have a mt5112 and previously a t6. I find them very good. I assume the one u are looking at has 2 blades rather than 3. The synchronised 2 blades I found blocks much less. The only thing I don't like is the fact you have to push a foot switch to enable cutting in reverse. The older ones don't have that requirement.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

Went well today. It's a beast but it's heavy enough on juice compared to the last one.

Needles73 wrote: »
    . The only thing I don't like is the fact you have to push a foot switch to enable cutting in reverse. The older ones don't have that requirement.

That's actually the reason it was traded in. Previous owner was elderly and couldn't get his head around it. I found it a bit strange too....not enough to warrant trading it in like yer man. Cost him 5k new apparently , I bought it for 3 so I assume he got 2.5k max for it...

Yeah the switch is silly. It cannot just be bypassed easy either because looping it out doesn't work. Your probably gone from a single cylinder to a v twin. The v twin will be quite a bit more thirsty right.

Yeah the switch is silly. It cannot just be bypassed easy either because looping it out doesn't work. Your probably gone from a single cylinder to a v twin. The v twin will be quite a bit more thirsty right.

Yeah. I know bugger all about the mechanics but I recall the dealer saying it was a twin cylinder

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭fox0512

Bit late:)... hard to beat the V twin (briggs?)...excellent engine which runs smoother than any of the single cylinder and quieter too...plenty torque if cutting long grass or in damp conditions...In an average cutting season change oil once and 2 times in a busy season/ commercial use and they will last a long time.

Finally figured out how to bypass silly switch so happy days !!

Advertisement