Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current site issues: 404's, 503's and assorted errors (was "Little glitch?")

Options
  • 02-10-2015 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭

Weird issue here.

My "followed threads" notifies me I have 8 unread threads.
    Clicking on it reveals 4 unread threads.

Now it's saying I have 10 unread threads but clicking on it, it says I have 2 unread threads.
    Keeps jumping back and forth like that.

Also, it seems I am following threads I actually unfollowed.
    Is there a glitch?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Site is behaving very strange today.

When I look at one thread I see posts that were made overnight. And noticed the post count of one poster.
    Then a few minutes later when I go back to same thread many of the posts are missing and that persons post count is reduced. But they have not been online to delete their posts.
    A few more minutes later I go back to the same thread and hey presto, the posts are back and the post count is back to the original number.
    But a few more minutes later the posts have again dissapeared. It could not be a mod doing the deleting as its too early for them and the posts are not offensive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

No avatars loading since yesterday
    Post count in threads changing with no new posts
    Error screen when sending pms saying database error, PMS are getting through

• Registered Users Posts: 9,495 ✭✭✭irishgeo

I am getting lots of 404 errors when clicking into threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Getting these randomly too on the touch site.

364482.png

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

On the touch site I have to reload My Threads and individual threads a few times before they update.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭GalwayKiefer

I'm getting the same error as Standard Toaster on touch.boards.ie on Chrome.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Same again from another webserver.

364486.png

• Registered Users Posts: 9,495 ✭✭✭irishgeo

364486.png

I got the same error as above with www6 trying to get onto the feedback forum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

364486.png

Same but www6 error

On touch.

Pages have only 2 posts on it and show there is a next page to read.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

If the zombie apocalypse was finally upon us, they'd tell us. Right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

TherapyBoy wrote: »

Depends on whether the Boards bunker has wifi or not.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Getting the same errors on touch. Thanks are showing 'undefined' instead of names.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

Jut refreshed the AH homepage and the latest thread was from three hours ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

getting glitches all over the shop on the desktop, touch and m. sites...making the site pretty unusable tbh

Just had one of those errors as per the screenshot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

On this, rather aptly titled thread (which is a few hours old) it shows up as having no posts within it...

Boards_Post.png

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 210 ✭✭Tompatrick

Site virtually unusable - any updates at all?

2nd page of thread. Where have you gone????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Constantly getting stuck on a page of various threads (including this one). Clicking another page number, the next page arrow or "last page" just reloads the current page.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

TherapyBoy wrote: »
    The devs have probably eaten the hamsters as a last resort before turning to cannibalism

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Is it too much to ask for an admin to at least acknowledge these issues? Getting out of hand how often things are going wrong with the site.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

Someone check if boardsnua.ie is available, we might need to move to 'plan B'. I'm trapped in a time-warp whirlpool of posts I've already read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

The admin are affected the same as us though, they're just regular users, with no permission to change coding or things.

The site staff are the ones in charge of sorting this. Probably all off because it's the weekend. Or possibly one or two working furiously to fix things and so no time to post here yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

martyos121 wrote: »
    Is it too much to ask for an admin to at least acknowledge these issues? Getting out of hand how often things are going wrong with the site.

Ummm. Yes there is an issue. :o

We're affected the same way. Only the developers can fix this one though. It's out of our control. May be Monday before it can be looked at.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

martyos121 wrote: »

It's Saturday, give over. Things go wrong sometimes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Jut refreshed the AH homepage and the latest thread was from three hours ago.

I've been getting that for hours but haven't got any of the 404 or SQL connection msgs that others are getting.

Also getting loads of false notifications of new posts that don't exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Can't get to the last page of a thread in a lot of cases. Just brings me to the second last. Gremlins?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

Mr E wrote: »
    Ummm. Yes there is an issue. :o

We're affected the same way. Only the developers can fix this one though. It's out of our control. May be Monday before it can be looked at.
    "git blame" will help on Monday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Strange - getting the same as those who commented (www6) and also 404's - but then a thread says it has more comments than it's showing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement