Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current site issues: 404's, 503's and assorted errors (was "Little glitch?")

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,759 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Touch site is practically unusable.

It's been getting progressively worse over the past few days and can't have gone unseen by the IT guys.

A brief statement before the end of the working week would have saved a lot of needless frustration from a lot of users.

Touch site is practically unusable.

It's been getting progressively worse over the past few days and can't have gone unseen by the IT guys.

A brief statement before the end of the working week would have saved a lot of needless frustration from a lot of users.

^^^^^^^^^
    Posting the above caused a 404 error to appear. When I refreshed, the post had duplicated itself.

^^^^^^^^^
    Posting the above caused a 404 error to appear. When I refreshed, the post had duplicated itself.

^^^^^^

Same again........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

^^^^^^

Same again........

Ha - fooled ya :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭Tarzana2

I'm having trouble getting on the last page of threads, and sometimes when I try to quote people, their post isn't in the post writing window.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

The same problems here on touch boards, 404s 503s and numerous different SQLSTATE errors.
    Slightly different problems on the main site.
    Log out / clear cache etc / log in not solving it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Odelay

Tarzana2 wrote: »
    I'm having trouble getting on the last page of threads, and sometimes when I try to quote people, their post isn't in the post writing window.

Same as you and also when going back to the main page it shows posts from 12:31 today.

Admins, have ye tried turning it off and on again?

That happened me in the GAA forum earlier.

• Advertisement

FCUK THIS BULLSH1T!!!

FCUK THIS BULLSH1T!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Folks, be patient. It's the weekend, and I'm sure the tech team had hoped things were fixed during the week, but sometimes life is not that simple.

I'm sure they are working on a resolution as I type :)

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭mbur

If you get the second last page of a thread when you were trying to go to the last page here is a quick way to get where you want to go.

Look in the url window you wil see a link ending with a hash. This one comes up looking like this (I have not shown the full link btw)
    ........showthread.php?t=2057502854&page=3#

Just delete the hash and the 3 to get this

........showthread.php?t=2057502854&page=4

Don't touch anything to the left of the last = sign ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,365 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Same but www6 error

I got a www7 error. Clearly my error is better than yours....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The index is in bits, keep refreshing and you will see things in the right order sooner or later!.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

On the plus side all the posters aspiring to be mods will get plenty of material out of this for their 'Dav broke the website' jokes and 'bantz'.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Turtyturd wrote: »
    On the plus side all the posters aspiring to be mods will get plenty of material out of this for their 'Dav broke the website' jokes and 'bantz'.

After years of being subject to poor working conditions the hamsters have gone on strike.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,445 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

It's probably been posted already (can't get to other pages to find out), but all my error messages have been accompanied by an ad with a pale looking young wan trying to get me to join her for a ride in Portugal or somewhere.

Would the latest weekend mess up have anything to do with this?

That's on Touch btw.

Any chance you could give us updates on Twitter as you have done previously? It's very frustrating that nothing has been done for at least 30 hours now with only one fob-off that I know of (there may have been more but I've only got past level one once today).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,445 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

It's probably been posted already (can't get to other pages to find out), but all my error messages have been accompanied by an ad with a pale looking young wan trying to get me to join her for a ride in Portugal or somewhere.

Would the latest weekend mess up have anything to do with this?

That's on Touch btw.

Any chance you could give us updates on Twitter as you have done previously? It's very frustrating that nothing has been done for at least 30 hours now with only one fob-off that I know of (there may have been more but I've only got past level one once today).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2 Nobblecock

LOL Boards is sh1t

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Nobblecock wrote: »
    LOL Boards is sh1t

So's your face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Looks like the issues are solved !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

Nah, not quite. Mostly seems fine but I clicked on page 487 of a thread and it just refreshed the current page, brought me up to the top of it too,though that page hadn't loaded at the top to begin with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Not resolved yet. Working better, with less errors and failures, though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Spare a thought for those unseen faces behind the site that have been working through the night, resuscitating the hamsters, giving the kiss of life and eating cold pizza.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Spare a thought for those unseen faces behind the site that have been working through the night, resuscitating the hamsters, giving the kiss of life and eating cold pizza.

No, because they couldn't be bothered say "There is a problem we are working on it".

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement