Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current site issues: 404's, 503's and assorted errors (was "Little glitch?")

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

my3cents wrote: »
    No, because they couldn't be bothered say "There is a problem we are working on it".

Do they have an account on the site?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Do they have an account on the site?

What the hamsters?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

my3cents wrote: »
    What the hamsters?

No, the technical support people.

None of whom have access to email or a phone to call someone that does?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Ah come on... a quick post/announcement with an expected fix time from Dav/Niamh/someone wouldn't go astray

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Ah come on... a quick post/announcement with an expected fix time from Dav/Niamh/someone wouldn't go astray

Pretty sure Dav is off at the moment, and Niamh would be off given it's the weekend.

Understandably people want to know what's going on, but I dunno, how many of us would do unpaid work on our time off?

Seems to be working well at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

After years of being subject to poor working conditions the hamsters have gone on strike.:)

Congrats, you're in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Spare a thought for those unseen faces behind the site that have been working through the night, resuscitating the hamsters, giving the kiss of life and eating cold pizza.

I never get this^^. What about the 2/3 thirds or whatever it is of the workforce that do nights every second or third week for minimum wage with a half hour unpaid break where 10 mins is probably spent getting searched before you leave the floor. Hamsters me hole.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Going Ga Ga again.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,221 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Yeah getting a load of unseen posts, threads not up to date etc

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭rex-x

BuffyBot wrote: »
    Folks, be patient. It's the weekend, and I'm sure the tech team had hoped things were fixed during the week, but sometimes life is not that simple.

I'm sure they are working on a resolution as I type :)

What has the weekend got anything to do with it? The weekend is the sites busiest time, surely there are not just 9-5 devs, that would be quite poor business practice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

KERSPLAT! wrote: »

Yes, what are we not paying them for.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Hold on a second.

Have people out there forgot that we're nothing more than guests on a private discussion forum? What's with the entitlement posts all of a sudden?

I get that it's frustrating, and I offered a suggestion myself that might very well speed up fixing whatever's causing the problem, but I think some of us really need to rein it in a little, or a lot.

This site owes you nothing. I think some people need to be reminded of that from time to time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭3rdDegree

Shield wrote: »
    Hold on a second.

Have people out there forgot that we're nothing more than guests on a private discussion forum? What's with the entitlement posts all of a sudden?

This site owes you nothing. I think some people need to be reminded of that from time to time.

I get where you are coming from. But I thought that boards was a business that made money from advertising? If so, then the people who use this site are it's customers and I guess that is where their sense of entitlement comes from.

But if boards is simply a service offered thought the goodness of the owners heart, you are absolutely right and boards owe us nothing.

In either case, technical difficulties occur, I'm sure boards are doing their best to get it sorted and we could all show a little patience and understanding.

Regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

The annoying Ad's are still working though.....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Can't understand how people get their knickers in a twist over something like this. Bejaysus you must be starved for interaction if you think you need/deserve updates for when you can post normally again.... 1st world problems and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

I wonder who is attacking the site?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Hold on a second.

I get that it's frustrating, and I offered a suggestion myself that might very well speed up fixing whatever's causing the problem, but I think some of us really need to rein it in a little, or a lot.

+1
    However, they are guests without whom the company could not generate revenue.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Its still bolexed!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Can't understand how people get their knickers in a twist over something like this. Bejaysus you must be starved for interaction if you think you need/deserve updates for when you can post normally again.... 1st world problems and all that.

Yet here you are at 4.20 AM!

First world problems indeed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

Still having issues this morning, even on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

I wonder who is attacking the site?

I think its just the one attack that was never fixed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

Nobody is paying to use Google either lads, but it doesn't mean you can go 'ah fcuk off and stop expecting things' to your service users. Cause, ya know, business and sh!t.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Getting the last page error on large threads alright but haven't experienced any of the SQL errors over the weekend.

Oh and the touch site was ****e before the issues over the weekend :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

Gongoozler wrote: »
    Nobody is paying to use Google either lads, but it doesn't mean you can go 'ah fcuk off and stop expecting things' to your service users. Cause, ya know, business and sh!t.

I do think like that. Same with Twitter. Or anything else I don't pay for. Of course the advertisers may be upset but that's different.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

+1
    However, they are guests without whom the company could not generate revenue.

Which means they'll want to get it back to normal soon enough.

Its usable atm if not optimal, really is first world problems.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,349 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I'm still confused as to why there hasn't been a general site announcement?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,702 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Hold on a second.

I mean, in one way I agree, but at the same time I have humourous observations about recent events which are too long for posting on Twitter and which simply won't be funny the longer I have to wait to post them. So it's not like it doesn't affect us.

Its been usable most of the time but as I guess Monday morning when everyone gets settled into work is the busiest time online here its totally gone to hell for me, interesting to see if this posts or not?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,380 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Understandably people want to know what's going on, but I dunno, how many of us would do unpaid work on our time off?

Every mod, cmod and admin on the site. ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement