Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RWC'15 Pool D: Ireland vs Italy, RWC. KO Sunday 4:45PM TV3/ITV1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Italy are well in this bruv

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭noway12345

efb wrote: »
    If I win donate €5 to The Irish Cancer Society- what's yours?

Aware.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

Ireland really sloppy but Italy do that to you. Expect Ireland to kick a lot more in the second half to target the line out. Italy's time wasting tactics are frustrating Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Gru

The issue with the maul as far as i can see is the italians in the middle and back of the maul. Surely illegal play?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Gosh Ire are awfully poor. If we were playing Oz today we would be wiped off the park. Sexton is very poor and Murray is very ponderous at getting the ball away. POC is breathing v hard.
    Italy are not even playing great.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

That fcuking dreamed a Dream ad for Freeview Play...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

noway12345 wrote: »
    Aware.

No problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Irish_rat

Italy have a big chance for an upset here, Ireland well below the standard expected

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Will23

Garces not allowing any contest at all at the ruck, very difficult to get a turnover when the attacking team can do what they want to hold onto the ball. In saying that Ireland have kicked the ball away too much. Tough watch that. Back down to Earth for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

Gru wrote: »
    The issue with the maul as far as i can see is the italians in the middle and back of the maul. Surely illegal play?

Actually their second rows have been excellent in coming through the middle and getting hands on the ball. Its resulting in Ross panicking and trying to shield the ball which cuts it off from Murray. Both Italian second rows have been rampant at it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Flipper22

Ireland have been passive which is disappointing. Garces is really pissing me off though. Letting them away with everything in defending mauls, harsh scrum penalty too. Clear high tackle on Earls too (what was he doing throwing that daft offload though, keep the ****ing ball when we're in behind them)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 210 ✭✭Tompatrick

Gosh Ire are awfully poor. If we were playing Oz today we would be wiped off the park. Sexton is very poor and Murray is very ponderous at getting the ball away. POC is breathing v hard.
    Italy are not even playing great.

Sexton inability to control and manage a game frustrating in the extreme.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,103 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Italian TH popping up, pen to italy?

Penalty was for an offside by Murray.

Italy good defensively. Out on their feat though, going to be a tough second half.

We talked all week about intensity. Were not playing at 70% the intensity of the game last night but I hope from minute 40 we will move up a gear and from minute 60 move up another.

We're not creating nearly enough space out wide and are easy to defend against, missing Payne to be honest, he is one of those players who creates that space for us. Our pack don't have the ball carriers at the moment, O'Brien and Henderson not having huge impact so far.

Set piece not great. Warm up time over, step up lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭tritriagain

Can we stop blaming the ref for a dismal 1st half performance. Need to step it up. No point in saying we can do it against France. Need to start now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,091 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

We've seen the best and worst of Earls in that half. Took his try well, made an excellent break and then threw the most stupid no look offload into touch when we had a decent attacking opportunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Don't understand the criticism of Sexton at all. No one Irish player has played particularly badly. They'll still win this by 15 plus IMO. We've been here before with Italy

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Rory Best really selfish at the back of mauls.

Twice held on when he should have passed back.

The last maul where Murray knocked on, he was 3 men deep in the maul when he went to ground.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

sting60 wrote:
    11/8 France to beat Ireland is the bet of the year.Fill your pockets,fill your pockets.

Completely agree. France will physically blow us away

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Performance so far smacks of complacency, no intensity or urgency.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭Bazzo

Flipper22 wrote: »
    Ireland have been passive which is disappointing. Garces is really pissing me off though. Letting them away with everything in defending mauls, harsh scrum penalty too. Clear high tackle on Earls too (what was he doing throwing that daft offload though, keep the ****ing ball when we're in behind them)

That drove me mad. I thought Joe had them drilled to only go for the 90% offload. The odds of that coming off were about 5%

• Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭letowski

This defensive display is worrying. Are we really going to be this passive up against a huge French pack and Basteraud, Speeding and Nakaitaci, they will fly easy over the gainline. Kinda worrying for me, I think it's a poor performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

No panic. We just need to be a bit more clinical and quicker on the ball.

Earls motm for me so far.

Tompatrick wrote: »
    Sexton inability to control and manage a game frustrating in the extreme.

Sexton actually controlls the game quite well. We're sitting too deep and his great ability for throwing killer flat passes cant be used. I also think our little pop pass technique is being dealt with easily these days. If the Italian defence keeps up this line speed expect a lot more chips in the second half.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Completely agree. France will physically blow us away

South Africa, Australia, New Zealand and England haven't managed that. I think we will be fine somehow.

Can we stop blaming the ref for a dismal 1st half performance. Need to step it up. No point in saying we can do it against France. Need to start now.

I want to like Garces. He says a lot of positive things to the players about what they're doing good instead of just chastising what they're doing wrong. But he has really missed a lot in this first half.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭Some Yoke

Based on this match, England warm up and second warm up versus Wales, we don't look like world cup semi finalists. Our last wc performance versus Italy was a lot better than this. Not the end of the world so far but we will have to be playing better than this in the next games

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

SOB has been anonymous. He is in poor form. Our play is very familiar lacking pace and guile in the backline. POC gets a lot of praise for being a top player. For me he plays too many mediocre games. Look at Parisse today...out for weeks and he is making a big contribution.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

He's not being blamed, it's being commented on how poor he is. There's a difference.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭noway12345

We'll still win this game easy enough, the worry is down the line. I think we're lacking in ideas. Too predictable. Hopefully we have something held back because it doesn't look good.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement