Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best facial oils

Options
  • 03-10-2015 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭

Face oils and serums seem to have flooded the market recently and I'm starting to wonder if it is a product I should start using. But there are so many of them out there, it's hard to know which ones to choose. I see the Body Shop have brought out their own range quite recently but can anybody vouch for their effectiveness? I'm a bit cynical as to their long term benefits but I do think some of them give you that glow your skin can so desperately need, especially during winter. Any thoughts ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭MissElle

I've used the Kiehls Midnight Recovery oil and the Body Shop Vitamin E Oil and I actually much prefer the Body Shop one (on my 3rd bottle!). Obviously everyone is different but Kiehls made me break out really badly.

I'd suffer with oily, occasionally spotty skin prone to dryness and the Vitamin E oil is great for keeping my skin hydrated and looking 'fresh' the next morning without aggravating any spots. I was weary of introducing an oil myself but my skin has definitely benefited from one, particularly in the winter months

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

I got a sample of darphin 8 flower nectar oil omg it's amazing. But costs a fortune to buy. Will have to find s cheaper alternative

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭PinkLemonade

I use the body shop vitamin E serum/oil and really like it, I use a vichy serum too but during the day and the body shop oil at night.
    My BF likes the oil too as it's really light and he can't feel it but it's very moisturising

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

I must look into that Body Shop Oil.

My skin has become much less oily and more dry (not very dry mind) so I think a nice oil or serum would benefit my skin hugely.

I love the Aldi H20 and Q10 serums, cheap, but they're nice. I particularly love the H20 one as I found it did actually work, and its less than €5.

Advertisement