Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hair Straightner

Options
  • 03-10-2015 1:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

I need a new hair straightner. Considering a ghd. Are they still any good? Should I get a cloud 9 or other make . All help appreciated. Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Somersun

I've had my GHD for over 5 years now....I personally don't use anything else.
    I try not to use it very often as the heat can damage the hair, unless you use a good heat protector.
    As far as I know they're still expensive but you can get a good bargain on adverts

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭LinF

I need a new hair straightner. Considering a ghd. Are they still any good? Should I get a cloud 9 or other make . All help appreciated. Thanks,

I did look at GHDs, Tresemmes, Babyliss, Remington & Nicky Clarke before eventually deciding on a Karmin G3 Salon Pro hair styling iron. My hair is dead straight, short, and I use it to curl my hair. Works really well for me. My daughter is the one with curly, long, thick hair that tends to frizz at the ends and she has replaced her G3 (passed on to her daughter) for the Karmin Salon Series hair straightener which she says is really great for her type of hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭aine92

I'm a die hard GHD fan - couldn't use anything else! Other cheaper alternatives just don't meet the mark IMO. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

I have a babyliss and hounded my husband for a ghd last Christmas, have to say I actually use my babyliss one alot more..

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭LinF

amor3 wrote: »
    I have a babyliss and hounded my husband for a ghd last Christmas, have to say I actually use my babyliss one alot more..

Interesting - why is that? The reason I ask is because my G3 feels so "balanced" compared to other styling irons I tried. We had a MacMillan coffee morning and instead of cakes we brought in our hair dryers and heat styling tools to try and compare.

• Advertisement
Advertisement