Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW 8 match day thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

97 with 4 from Moses to come off the bench gives me a current GW rank of 15k
    Sanchez and Sakho (off bench) left.
    Site has me ranked 810!!!!!!!! with 462 points up from just inside top 30k.
    Boards has annoyed me last few days and really missed the final decision making chat on WC thread
    especially re. cashing in on Martial or not and Mata y/n and bringing in 4.0/3.9 defenders or not.
    Kun has restored order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Paully D wrote: »
    This is the week lads. This is the week.

This is the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

How long has Aguero been in England and he still cant speak english? Whatever, what a player

I don't care if he speaks English as long as he keeps scoring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Aguero was on his last chance and he delivered,my decision to choose Pelle as Wilson's replacement paid off too.84 points with 5 still to play.None of my defenders played today.Dier,Darmian,Bellerin,Sanchez and Martial to play tomorrow.
    The best thing about keeping faith with Aguero is that his price will make it hard for people to fit him into their teams in future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

81pts sees me rise 500k+ places to 136k. Oh yeah. Ings, Martial & Sanchez to play. As well as Cattermole's one pointer off the bench (I'm just glad he didn't get sent off)

This gameweek has gone a long way towards making up for the bizarreness that has been gameweeks 1-7. Woohoo! Etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I told you he'd reward us lads!!! 95 points with Sinclair's point to sub in and Martial and Darmian to play.

130k to 6k!!! Amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭skippy15

Its gW's like this that restore my faith and parity in the game-
    have moved up 1.2m this week alone and still 4 left with 74. And that score seems close to average on here- hats of to all the boardsies players- casuals we be hunting you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,618 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Gone from 18th in Ireland to 320th, 328th overall to 1807. Need some serious magic tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

zerks wrote: »
    Aguero was on his last chance and he delivered,my decision to choose Pelle as Wilson's replacement paid off too.84 points with 5 still to play.None of my defenders played today.Dier,Darmian,Bellerin,Sanchez and Martial to play tomorrow.
    The best thing about keeping faith with Aguero is that his price will make it hard for people to fit him into their teams in future.

You were going to dump him for Bournemouth at home? I think you, like the rest of us would have waited until the ManU match to dump him if not performing :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Pink Lemons

Invincible wrote: »
    92 pts with Cech & Sanchez to play.

C'mon the FSA Renegades :)

After seeing your team more than my own today I'm glad you scored so well :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

My first time looking at that FFfix site, I'm projected 3k odd which is nice, how accurate are they usually?
    jimmii wrote: »
    Pretty good. Safe to say your ranking is going to be pretty dam decent when it finally processes.

Ended up being 6k anyway, I don't know if that's accurate 3k to 6k seems a lot but 494k to 497k for example would be very close so it's all relative I suppose, but still a good indicator, I like that site.

P.s someone on here was really championing KDB when he signed for City saying he would be a must have, looks a very good shout even at this early stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Couldn't believe my eyes when I logged on to FPL site on my break:D

Apart from that very average week with 66 (-8), but - wait for it - 400k places up.

400k places:D

Only Sanchez and Martial left, though. (And maybe, just maybe Gomez)

Lot of transfers coming in - Ighalo paid off, I do hope Sanchez does the business, too tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

ElTel wrote: »
    97 with 4 from Moses to come off the bench gives me a current GW rank of 15k
    Sanchez and Sakho (off bench) left.
    Site has me ranked 810!!!!!!!! with 462 points up from just inside top 30k.
    Boards has annoyed me last few days and really missed the final decision making chat on WC thread
    especially re. cashing in on Martial or not and Mata y/n and bringing in 4.0/3.9 defenders or not.
    Kun has restored order.
    It appears FSA Qualifying will be super competitive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

I finally got to look at my team
    85 with darmian mata Sanchez to go
    aguero with a big fat fifty looks so nice
    take that doubters
    kun is the king !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭shayno90

85 points with 3 to play and 1 off the bench.

Jumped over 420K in the overall rankings, inside O.R. 100K.

Great to actually captain one of only 5 players ever in the EPL to score 5 (make it actually 3 since the FPL started)

Well done to those who triple captained him!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

I hit the 100 (just about) 104 (-4) with Martial left to play.
    Martial better not get a minus score and push me back under 100!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Aguero after today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭scary

110 with Ayew to play happy with that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

246k>23k with 89. Martial, Sanchez, Darmian, Gomez and Westwood's 1 to come.

Delighted!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

MarkSRFC21 wrote: »
    94 including baps. 3 to play tomorrow plus 2 off the bench with Francis. My first ever 100. I said I wanted a wildcard boost, and I certainly got one. Fffix has me rising 1.8 million places to around top 170-180k. A good day all round:D

Same here.

95 with Wanyama's 2 to sub in for Mahrez. 490k -> 39k :).

Sanchez & Martial to go. I need 3 pts from them 2 to reach the ton.

WC boost = Souaré, Payet & Vardy.
    WC fail = Azpi. Though I can hopefully give him more games to prove himself. Chelsea's run is still pretty good and let's hope Mourinho starts back with his strong defense motto.

KDB whom I got in last week my best transfer of the season so far.

• Advertisement

Up to 16th in the boards league

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,526 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

I was a massive Kun doubter. Only got him in this morning for a -8, I knew something was brewing!

50 points looks so good mmm

Actually got 82 for the day, not 72 as I initially thought. Up to ~35k from ~240k (if I remember correctly). Sanchez and Gomis to go later one, though that's pretty likely to end up being just Sanchez I'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭sanket

2nd in the boards league now..991 overall.
    99 gw score took me from 29k overall to below 1000..this shows the no. of ppl in the top 30k who dint have aguero.. Kdb,pelle and hazard whom i got in all delivered superbly..leading 3 of my money leagues by a good margin..Being a chelsea supporter all i wish is i could give them some of my points..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 71 ✭✭Mr Robot

88 with Rooney, Martial and Sanchez to come

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

104 with Bellerin, Sanchez, Martial and Ayew to play

5k GW rank, 38k OR

Jumped to top of 5 of my leagues and created a bit of a gap in most of them

Into top 50 of the Boards league too from 324 :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

93 with Lukaku, Coutinho, Ayew, Clyne, Jagielka and Cech to play. Will probably get only 10 pts between them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

94 points saw me go from 660k to 60k. Nyom's two to sub in plus Dier, Sanchez and Martial to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

I say this thread was carnage yesterday. Was on the gargle in Sinnotts yesterday and there must have been a lot of lads who captained Aguero, as the cheers for all 5 goals was funny!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

77 (-4) got me up to 800k from 1.97 million, goodbye to the millionaires club i hope for good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

74 with Barkley Ayew Lukaku Williams to play today and Tadic points for Mahrez non start.
    Hopefully a Blue win in the Derby and a Swansea cleanie...

Happy overall as lots hat Kun Triple Captain this GW.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    74 with Barkley Ayew Lukaku Williams to play today and Tadic points for Mahrez non start.
    Hopefully a Blue win in the Derby and a Swansea cleanie...

Happy overall as lots hat Kun Triple Captain this GW.
    Did they? Ouch, luckily not in my private league circles I haven't seen one surface yet. I'm expecting plenty next week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Jon Stark wrote: »
    93 with Lukaku, Coutinho, Ayew, Clyne, Jagielka and Cech to play. Will probably get only 10 pts between them.

Love the name, football mercenary???

Great score 5 players, incredible really, you could easily have over 140 points with a little luck, who were the five?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I do have to laugh at us all (me included) having acted like the unlucky fallen warriors who crazy variance has failed in favour of lesser mortals.

Yesterday we've been benefitted by some of the craziest variance there is going and we're all throwing shapes like we're Jordan Belfort.

And I wouldn't have it any other way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Jon Stark

Love the name, football mercenary???

Great score 5 players, incredible really, you could easily have over 140 points with a little luck, who were the five?

Mahrez who didn't play unfortunately (Matic will come in), Richards, Tadic, Pelle, and Aguero as triple captain.

Someone only said to me before the game that I should have waited for a double week and I was agreeing at half time. Remarkable collapse from Newcastle.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

75 (-8) has seen me rise from 1.5m to the 700k mark.

Still have five to play today so hopefully will get another little boost before the day's out!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

56 with Darmian, Sanchez and Martial to go. A great score most weeks, but looks like I'm going backwards this week. Damn Aguero :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

94 with 3 to play - Martail, Sanchez and Darmian.

It was just one of those weeks when everything went well.

Took a hit to bring in Payet and Vardy for a 15-point net return. Captained Aguero, also had De Bruyne.

Went from 400k to 40k. Up to second in my money league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Paully D wrote: »
    Actually got 82 for the day, not 72 as I initially thought. Up to ~35k from ~240k (if I remember correctly). Sanchez and Gomis to go later one, though that's pretty likely to end up being just Sanchez I'd imagine.

You not expecting Gomis to play, or just not to score big?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭patmac

I wonder how many of the 255k who captained Mahrez had Aguero as vice captain, your true ranking might not be available till tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

patmac wrote: »
    I wonder how many of the 255k who captained Mahrez had Aguero as vice captain, your true ranking might not be available till tonight.

I'd imagine it's a big chunk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭patmac

I'd imagine it's a big chunk.

Turns out to be 3.8% of 255,000 so 9690 lucky feckers not too bad I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

3.8% of ALL players gave Aguero the VC.
    That's about 100,000 but we don't have details of who those guys captained. Only some will have went Mahrez captain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,168 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

I'm on 80 with Martial and Sanchez left for the big one at 4.

A guy in one of my leagues has 100 with Pelle to come in for Mahrez plus has Clyne, Darmian, Cech and Mata to go :O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,668 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Liverpool XI vs. Everton: Mignolet, Skrtel, Sakho, Can, Clyne, Moreno, Lucas, Milner, Coutinho, Ings, Sturridge

Everton XI vs. Liverpool: Howard; Galloway, Funes Mori, Jagielka, Browning; Barry, McCarthy; Naismith, Barkley, Deulofeu; Lukaku

No FPL interest in this one. Hopefully a score draw with no one heavily owned involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,007 ✭✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Thought about bringing in Sturridge for Gomis but didn't in the end. Queue a Sturridge double and Gomis 1 pointer

Naismith should be doing better from a free header

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Fack, so close to Barkley assist for Naismith. Mignolet save point blank

Mignolet with another save

• Advertisement
Advertisement